Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're being obtuse intentionally.

Masks either protect you from a virus or they do not protect you from a virus. The efficacy of masks didn't change in 2020. The CDC already stated masks do not protect you from the virus. The reason they changed their advice was to mitigate the spread from asymptomatic individuals. Now the narrative has shifted to "masks protect you" without science to back that up. The CDC knew what level of protection masks offered even in 2019. For them to say they do not protect you from the virus, then to turn around and say "but they might prevent you from spreading it if you have it" just reinforces the notion that they do not protect the wearer.

None of this is an argument against mask wearing. It's simply an argument against the claim that someone caught COVID because they weren't wearing a mask.
    you've been told a hundred times before that masks are generally worn to protect others FROM you, and not the other way around.

surgical masks dont create a seal, so they dont necessarily protect the wearer from catching a virus that can be breathed in (as i said in an earlier post, something like an N-95 mask would do a better job of that). with that said, even a surgical mask does provide some incidental protection to the wearer, but not significantly to the point where people should feel confident wearing it for their own safety. at a time when the virus was contained, or at the least, not very far spread, it doesnt necessarily make sense to have everybody wearing surgical masks. but now that its everywhere and its impossible to know at a given time who does or doesnt have it (short of everybody getting tested weekly), it makes more sense as a precautionary measure. if there's incidental protection to the wearer, thats just a bonus.

the cdc knew that surgical masks dont give much protection, which is why they werent recommended at the time. N-95 style masks were in short supply, and it was needed by medical professionals as PPE, which is why people were cautioned against buying them.

however, now that the virus has spread considerably, to the point where we have millions of active cases, it does make sense to have people wear masks in public to prevent unnecessary spread of the virus

this congressman-elect was a dip for going to public events where nobody (including himself) seemed to be wearing a mask, at the time there is a contagious virus going around
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-01-2021 at 08:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you've been told a hundred times before that masks are generally worn to protect others FROM you, and not the other way around.

surgical masks dont create a seal, so they dont necessarily protect the wearer from catching a virus that can be breathed in (as i said in an earlier post, something like an N-95 mask would do a better job of that). with that said, even a surgical mask does provide some incidental protection to the wearer, but not significantly to the point where people should feel confident wearing it for their own safety. at a time when the virus was contained, or at the least, not very far spread, it doesnt necessarily make sense to have everybody wearing surgical masks. but now that its everywhere and its impossible to know at a given time who does or doesnt have it (short of everybody getting tested weekly), it makes more sense as a precautionary measure. if there's incidental protection to the wearer, thats just a bonus.

the cdc knew that surgical masks dont give much protection, which is why they werent recommended at the time. N-95 style masks were in short supply, and it was needed by medical professionals as PPE, which is why people were cautioned against buying them.

however, now that the virus has spread considerably, to the point where we have millions of active cases, it does make sense to have people wear masks in public to prevent unnecessary spread of the virus

this congressman-elect was a dip for going to public events where nobody (including himself) seemed to be wearing a mask, at the time there is a contagious virus going around
    Supply should not affect CDC recommendations for personal safety and virus transmission. The supply issue should be dealt with through legislation, not misinformation and misdirection. Either way, the CDC did not say masks were to protect the wearer but it's slowly morphing into that, and with it comes the finger pointing and hatred, basically you forfeit your right to live if you don't wear a mask. The same people against the death penalty are glad an otherwise innocent man is dead because he didn't wear a mask.

Funny you folks have to keep being reminded of something you claim you already know. There are a lot of people who are dead today because they did not take advised precautions, either social distance, hygiene, masks or visitation to people already under quarantine. All of these people are just as guilty of ignoring this advice as are the others. Singling out someone because they are in an opposing party and saying they deserved to die for it, that's pretty inconsistent with all the crying over the death count.
    Last edited by DMC; 01-01-2021 at 09:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^DMC the affronted decency concern troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you folks have to keep being reminded of something you claim you already know. There are a lot of people who are dead today because they did not take advised precautions, either social distance, hygiene, masks or visitation to people already under quarantine. All of these people are just as guilty of ignoring this advice as are the others. Singling out someone because they are in an opposing party and saying they deserved to die for it, that's pretty inconsistent with all the crying over the death count.
    The thing is one part has the preponderance of cases. We both know that you and others would be trotting out counterexamples if you could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pissing his pants over mean liberals

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "you folks"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is one part has the preponderance of cases. We both know that you and others would be trotting out counterexamples if you could.
    Then COVID deaths should be viewed as a positive thing, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC downplaying covid deaths. Shocker
    ^^^DMC the affronted decency concern troll
    pissing his pants over mean liberals
    Tribalism on display ITT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then COVID deaths should be viewed as a positive thing, right?
    This particular death should be looked at further proof that the conspira s and the "you cannot tell me what to do" at ude are dangerous and the conservative movement needs to reevaluate what is important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tribalism on display ITT
    naw, just laughing at your simpering and sobbing about liberal meanies

tuff guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supply should not affect CDC recommendations for personal safety and virus transmission. The supply issue should be dealt with through legislation, not misinformation and misdirection. Either way, the CDC did not say masks were to protect the wearer but it's slowly morphing into that, and with it comes the finger pointing and hatred, basically you forfeit your right to live if you don't wear a mask. The same people against the death penalty are glad an otherwise innocent man is dead because he didn't wear a mask.

what exactly did the CDC say about masks that got you so concerned?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This particular death should be looked at further proof that the conspira s and the "you cannot tell me what to do" at ude are dangerous and the conservative movement needs to reevaluate what is important.
    But you have no idea who in the death tally was a conspira and since ~ half of the voting population is conservative, and it's been said here that COVID affects the right more than the left, then checks and balances would show probably an overall positive effect from the good deaths canceling out the bad ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what exactly did the CDC say about masks that got you so concerned?
    So you're cool with the CDC issuing dishonest guidance based public control instead of disease control?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    naw, just laughing at your simpering and sobbing about liberal meanies

tuff guy
    You don't need to back pedal. It's right there for anyone to see. Downplaying COVID deaths is bad, but calling COVID deaths good is good.

It all depends on who says it, eh chief?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need to back pedal. It's right there for anyone to see. Downplaying COVID deaths is bad, but calling COVID deaths good is good.

It all depends on who says it, eh chief?
    I didn't say anything about downplaying or celebrating COVID deaths. I was just making fun of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face it, DMC. You've become a crank.

You gnaw ankles and put words in other posters' mouths then argue with that.

Low value poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you have no idea who in the death tally was a conspira and since ~ half of the voting population is conservative, and it's been said here that COVID affects the right more than the left, then checks and balances would show probably an overall positive effect from the good deaths canceling out the bad ones.
    Who said it was about their death? Not me

It was about conspira s and the "you cannot tell me what to do" culture encouraging others not to wear masks and not to take the vaccine. It's about spreading sickness and causing death as a result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paragraph of semantic scrambling incoming
    You're being obtuse intentionally.

Masks either protect you from a virus or they do not protect you from a virus. The efficacy of masks didn't change in 2020. The CDC already stated masks do not protect you from the virus. The reason they changed their advice was to mitigate the spread from asymptomatic individuals. Now the narrative has shifted to "masks protect you" without science to back that up. The CDC knew what level of protection masks offered even in 2019. For them to say they do not protect you from the virus, then to turn around and say "but they might prevent you from spreading it if you have it" just reinforces the notion that they do not protect the wearer.

None of this is an argument against mask wearing. It's simply an argument against the claim that someone caught COVID because they weren't wearing a mask.
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say anything

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face it, DMC. You've become a crank.

You gnaw ankles and put words in other posters' mouths then argue with that.

Low value poster.
    You've became a Derphole/Blakehole. You shouldn't be worried about what depths others have fallen to. Very sad.

Low value poster indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've became a Derphole/Blakehole. You shouldn't be worried about what depths others have fallen to. Very sad.

Low value poster indeed.
    Derp says right before bulk posting garbage from gatewaypundit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's go to move when he's getting intellectually on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's go to move when he's getting intellectually on
    1st time I ever posted it.

You intellectually ting on anyone would be a 1st, lap dog. You're the most beta poster on this site, and it's not even close.

Thread Information