Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin looks terrible this year. I watched the game last night and he was getting burned off the dribble, couldn't shoot, and just looked done. If he were Tim Duncan he'd of admitted that the wheels have come off, but of course he's not going to walk away from those phat checks. Detroit will be lucky to trade him. They'll need a trade partner who hasn't watched Blake play the last two years.
    I agree that he is bad. I dont want him as a player. I would want the pick. You have to be willing to take something on to get something. It would be one year of his salary. It is similer to the Wiggins trade that was talked about during the summer it is about the pick. Griffin is shorter contract but also worse value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evan Mobley, please and thank you.

Get him on a diet plan that can gain him 20 or 30 pounds, though.
    +1 Cosign!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be K.G., A.D. or Giannis 2.0........

Or basically, a "poor man's" David Robinson but with more perimeter skills, better handles and the ability to bring it up the length of the court (consistently).

His jump off the floor and quickness in these highlights standout. Hopefully, he'll be able to gain 15 - 25 lbs. of muscle without losing too much quickness or verticality.

Drooling thinking about the possibilities........

Last edited by J_Paco; 01-05-2021 at 01:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the definition of insanity to think of the Spurs getting a top 3 pick. Even if their record is bad, the odds are still too low. Y'all are setting yourself up for disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the definition of insanity to think of the Spurs getting a top 3 pick. Even if their record is bad, the odds are still too low. Y'all are setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Let us dream, man. And the Hornets weren't a top 3 pick (by record), but thanks to the lottery ended up in the top 3.

If the team needs to move some assets or an additional pick to try and get him. Do it......

Side note: We'll likely not end up with a top 3 pick and will wind up with another guard or center. LMAO

I'm just dreaming, but a good fall back option could be the Senegalese player that someone put highlights up of. Seems pretty raw on offense, though, and would probably be a second round pick.

In the video they claim that his NBA comparison is Dikembe Mutombo, so got take that one with a huge grain of salt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be K.G., A.D. or Giannis 2.0........

Or basically, a "poor man's" David Robinson but with more perimeter skills, better handles and the ability to bring it up the length of the court (consistently).

His jump off the floor and quickness in these highlights standout. Hopefully, he'll be able to gain 15 - 25 lbs. of muscle without losing too much quickness or verticality.

Drooling thinking about the possibilities........

I've been keeping a close eye on him ever since the NCAA season started. We need his skillset in the worst way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another example of having no answer for teams’ making Lamarcus defend the pick and roll. Down the stretch, couldn’t stop g leaguers like Tate and Brown once he switched.

Jakob’s no better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was always a 2 year project. He was a 19 YO drafted out of the Adriatic league. He’s not on the bench because he sucks. He’s on the bench because he’s not ready.
    sounds like a terrible guy to use a top 20 pick on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Rockets get Christian Wood? How is it possible Jarret was on a trading block and Spurs were not in the picture? Spurs need another big, and they need that player fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brandon clarke isn't a worldbeater by any stretch but we'd be much better off with him than Luka, and i dont see how that's even debatable given what we've seen from our bigs this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Rockets get Christian Wood? How is it possible Jarret was on a trading block and Spurs were not in the picture? Spurs need another big, and they need that player fast.
    On Wood - Big market and no compe ion for minutes.
    On Allen - Future first is the cost and a costly contract extension ( 18 mil per rumored asking price ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should do everything they can to get Myles Turner. He'd fit like a glove on this roster and play better than on the Pacers. Of course I wouldn't trade any of White, Murray, Walker, KJ and Vassell, but I could see a Poeltl/Mills package working. Pacers been rumored to wanting to move Turner for a minute now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should do everything they can to get Myles Turner. He'd fit like a glove on this roster and play better than on the Pacers. Of course I wouldn't trade any of White, Murray, Walker, KJ and Vassell, but I could see a Poeltl/Mills package working. Pacers been rumored to wanting to move Turner for a minute now
    Doubt that gets it done. Suspect they will want a first included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt that gets it done. Suspect they will want a first included.
    Maybe, I don't know. But I don't see any other attainable bigs with that kind of skillset. Spurs should aggressively pursue Turner, which they obviously won't do anyway cause they don't make trades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, I don't know. But I don't see any other attainable bigs with that kind of skillset. Spurs should aggressively pursue Turner, which they obviously won't do anyway cause they don't make trades
    Turner is on point for defensive player of the year and is shooting more 3’s. Agee he is a great fit but if Indy is looking to unload him you will need to offer a young prospect and a pick. D White and a first makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the little I've seen, Turner isn't that mobile either. Drafting a mobile 4 remains my preference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the little I've seen, Turner isn't that mobile either. Drafting a mobile 4 remains my preference.
    the reality is we need both a starting 4 and a 5. Hopefully one compliments the other. Jakob is a backup at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner is on point for defensive player of the year and is shooting more 3’s. Agee he is a great fit but if Indy is looking to unload him you will need to offer a young prospect and a pick. D White and a first makes sense.
    I didn't know that. 4.2 blocks per game is ridiculous. He's also only shooting 28% from 3 though, which is not that appealing. No way I would trade White, but maybe a 2023 first rounder might make sense. We have enough young pieces on the team, we need some established players to compliment them, not more 2-3 year projects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the reality is we need both a starting 4 and a 5. Hopefully one compliments the other. Jakob is a backup at best.
    if we could somehow get Turner and sign Collins, we'd look incredible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to players like Kylor Kelley who was signed a 10-day then immediately waived?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch the play at 1:41 and tell me again that Turner isn't mobile

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite his deficiencies (soft, poor defensive rebounding, inability to handle behemoths in the post), he would be a good fit (legit floor spacing rim protector/anchor, 24, reasonable contract through '23, seeming cultural fit).

I don't see them being interested in Poeltl/Mills though. They have Bitadze in the pipeline to backup Sabonis, five rotational guards (Brogdon, LeVert, Lamb, A. Holiday, McConnell) and like a lot of teams, a gaping hole at the four.

Thing is, the Spurs have a more pressing long term need at the four than the five too, so even if they could do something like sign and trade DeRozan for Gordon + in the off season, they'd be better off keeping him over rerouting him.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-15-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we fall to the back of the lottery (or outside) I really like Greg Brown from UT. if we can trade one of our vets for a late first I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on his teammate Kai Jones.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Prichard still in the FO there (he's always been a LMA fan)... LMA plus a 1st taking back some filler might get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we could somehow get Turner and sign Collins, we'd look incredible
    how would we even get myles turner? why would indy take our for him?

Thread Information