Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like this is the missing link to being a legit contender again.

At this point I’d take anyone over the flat-footed standing in cement LaMarcus Aldridge or Poetl.

it. Give me Dedmon, Wiz Thomas Bryant, Celtics Robert Williams. Mo Bamba?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money's locked in for Eubanks and Poetl. Unless we 1) go for a combo 4/5 or 2) trade one of those two... I don't see us simply going after one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobile bigs should be easy to come by now. It's why a lot of bigs in the draft fall to late 1st round or 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who can do something as simple as help on PnR and recover to their man. It’s an open 3 or open layup each time the other team runs RnR.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overpay for Mitc Robinson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious was still on board when we drafted.

/js

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was disappointing that we do not have cap space to pursue Woods this past Season. Maybe we can go after Giles if he recovers well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free agents at the end of this year: Richaun Holmes, Harry Giles, Khem Birch, Isaiah Hartenstein. Guys who might be available/ in last year of contract: Robert Williams lll, Larry Nance Jr, Chris Boucher, Mo Bamba, Tony Bradley.

I'm actually having fun watching these guys to see if one shows signs of having a break out year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harry Giles, Isaiah Hartenstein, Mo Bamba are the 3 I really like. I was not big on the Potel extension but still hopes he improves and should be movable. These 3 would all be flyers but have seen enough to believe they are worth the shot. I think Bamba might be able to be had for something cheap. If we can get any of them on a longer cheap deal I think they would be good signing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should really target one in free agency and NOT during the season for trade cause we should NOT be trading a pick or young player to get a mobile big who can at least score in the flow of an offense...

Luckily for us literally anybody over 6 "9" would be better than LMA and Poeltl are right now. Not going to count Ewbanks, he is 3rd string for a reason...

Technically this shouldn't even be a thread cause we already have the prototype of the player we want in this role in Luka but it seems he is not ready yet to play professional basketball in the nba which is a little bit concerning when talking about a second year 1st round pick on a team who really needs someone that has the exact skillset he is supposed to have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get Pop when he put his mind to putting a player in the doghouse. We could’ve use any of Luka, Diop and Lyles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Pau Gasol is trying to make a come back??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get Pop when he put his mind to putting a player in the doghouse. We could’ve use any of Luka, Diop and Lyles.
    One poor, truncated preseason while not playing in the NBA bubble, and Lyles has lost his spot in the rotation. Seems like everyone on ST hated him last year, so it might not be much of a loss in everyone's eyes here.

I still like his ability to stretch the floor and rebound, but more in a complimentary, off the bench role than as a starter. That clearly can't happen with DeRozan playing up at starting PF & Gay logging the backup minutes.

The team will need an infusion of talent up front at some point but I wouldn't trade any assets at this point to acquire it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Poetl at this excessive salary for what he has shown looks even worse day by day. Spurs need a step up trade this season as shame to waste the other young talents. However who believes Aldridge will be traded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would really like to get Myles Turner, but I don’t see a trade that makes sense to make that happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A C that doesn't botch easy layups and can roll effectively. Shooting is a BONUS. Also doesn't fall asleep on defense and can switch when needed. Rebounding would be great too.

If long-term we want to move everyone down a position... we need a PF who can switch easily. Siakam is the ultimate prototype here. So any PF who can play like Siakam. Please trade for him, Spurs. Otherwise, the only way we can find a player like this is through the draft. They are rare to come by in trades or free agency.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats Kenneth fried saying nowadays?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Poetl at this excessive salary for what he has shown looks even worse day by day. Spurs need a step up trade this season as shame to waste the other young talents. However who believes Aldridge will be traded?
    If the Spurs aren’t in PO contention he will be gone. At some point you have to give Luka some run. With no G League for some reps this will be a wasted year in his development which neither the Spurs nor he can afford. That has been my biggest issue with Pop so far that even with the lack of quality play at the 4/5 so far that your #1 pick from last year can’t even get some spot minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs aren’t in PO contention he will be gone. At some point you have to give Luka some run. With no G League for some reps this will be a wasted year in his development which neither the Spurs nor he can afford. That has been my biggest issue with Pop so far that even with the lack of quality play at the 4/5 so far that your #1 pick from last year can’t even get some spot minutes.
    Agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats Kenneth fried saying nowadays?
    He says “I’m enjoying a forced retirement, due to having not even a shred of perimeter skill on either side of the ball.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we would've looked fine with our lineup tonight if we had a Rudy that could hit 3's. Harrison Barnes could do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the spotrac 2021 free agent tracker, set for centers.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/center/

And here for power forwards.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-age...power-forward/

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    evan mobley, jalen johnson

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    evan mobley, jalen johnson
    Gonna have to suck pretty bad this year to have a shot at either of these guys me thinks

Thread Information