Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trade Prescott to the Packers for Rodgers straight up, tbh? Money is similar per annum and the Packers get a sure fire starter for 15 years while Dallas gets a sure fire hall of famer still in his prime for 3-5 years.

Fair trade, tbh?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

cowboys are going to sign dak. its not a question.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trade Prescott to the Packers for Rodgers straight up, tbh? Money is similar per annum and the Packers get a sure fire starter for 15 years while Dallas gets a sure fire hall of famer still in his prime for 3-5 years.

Fair trade, tbh?
    thinking the packers being dumb enough to do that when they pissed off Rodgers by drafting a QB. They have their QB of the future on their bench

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

cowboys are going to sign dak. its not a question.
    No progress made in contract talks. They will have to tag and it will be the last tag they can reasonably afford without gutting the team, and you don't gut the team for a 4th round talent at QB. Even though I do think Prescott is starter caliber QB, though Tier 2-Tier 3 depending on the game (especially home/away splits, and he also tends to perform best in divisional games).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    thinking the packers being dumb enough to do that when they pissed off Rodgers by drafting a QB. They have their QB of the future on their bench
    Jordan Love wasn't anything to write home about in college. He's the kind of QB that will start a year or two and then be a journeyman backup. He's definitely never going to be a Pro Bowler or Top 10 or anything.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No progress made in contract talks. They will have to tag and it will be the last tag they can reasonably afford without gutting the team, and you don't gut the team for a 4th round talent at QB. Even though I do think Prescott is starter caliber QB, though Tier 2-Tier 3 depending on the game (especially home/away splits, and he also tends to perform best in divisional games).
    if they dont agree to a contract he's getting the tag. there's no scenario where prescott is on a different team in 2021.

cowboys last leverage is their ability to tag him this year. tagging him next season would cost over 50 mil, so that's not a real option, so they know they cant wait until next offseason to get something done. would also be foolish to wait until next offseason when the cap is likely going to jump back up (dipped a bit for 2021), and the market will get out of control.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-08-2021 at 05:25 PM.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...71780619558914

Cowboys reach agreement with dak guaranteeing mediocrity for foreseeable future

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ive been saying this for months. it was never in doubt that the cowboys were going to pay dak

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cowboys, albeit they didn't have much choice at this point

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I'm the Texans now, but at least they can trade Watson and aren't ing stuck with him

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Whack Prescott and the Cowturds. Hope they go 8-8 again the next 4 years.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys, albeit they didn't have much choice at this point
    They could have tagged and traded him for minimum a first and a second and selected a stud QB at #10 overall. Prescott is 4th round talent

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ive been saying this for months. it was never in doubt that the cowboys were going to pay dak
    What a colossal up. Not that they signed but that they could have done this much cheaper. Compounded by giving in to Zeke who had two years left and plays a position you don’t need to overpay. They might have possible secured their spot as mediocre (at best) for the next several years.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Cowboys suck
    And will continue to suck
    More like the cowgirls

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Completely ridiculous. I know I've echoed this point countless times, but you'll never get far with Dak unless he's a bus driver and you have a stacked team around him (which obviously won't happen now).

Everyone looks at the numbers but ignore the fact that "Garbage Time Joe Montana" has gotten 90% of his yards or so the past two years either after they're down 14+ points and the other team is playing loose in coverage or just beating up on bad teams.

Plus, this guy never shows up on the road against good teams. I'm not even going to list all the games, but there have been too many big games on the road where the defense does the job, keeps them in the game but can't get over the hump. Just look up all the road Cowboy games against quality teams they've had since 2016 and I bet you'll see a handful of low scoring losses decided by a touchdown or less. That's just what I think of when I think of Dak. A guy who will get you knocking on the door, but can't open it. I don't know how these guys got so enamored with the Black Kirk Cousins

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    re-signing him was the right move, but they ed up not getting the deal done last year. could have had him for less money per year.

they had a 5 year 175 mil deal per year on the table (35 mil per year), and he said that he didnt want a 5th year, and that if they were going to give a fifth, that it had to be for at least 45 mil. so they probably could have gotten a deal done for around 4/140 last year instead of 4/160 now, or could have just given him 5/185 which would still be less money per year than he's getting now.

he's a top 10-ish starting QB in the league. you dont let that walk. WFT made that mistake with Cousins and they still havent recovered

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It’s not dragging on until July!

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    re-signing him was the right move, but they ed up not getting the deal done last year. could have had him for less money per year.

they had a 5 year 175 mil deal per year on the table (35 mil per year), and he said that he didnt want a 5th year, and that if they were going to give a fifth, that it had to be for at least 45 mil. so they probably could have gotten a deal done for around 4/140 last year instead of 4/160 now, or could have just given him 5/185 which would still be less money per year than he's getting now.

he's a top 10-ish starting QB in the league. you dont let that walk. WFT made that mistake with Cousins and they still havent recovered
    But they were able to start the rebuild sooner, and have quietly built a stacked defensive line through the draft and have some nice pieces on offense. They are trending in the right direction. If they can just find a competent QB, they would have the highest ceiling of anybody in the NFC East. In fact, I'm not even sure Dallas is better than them now anyway even with a healthy Dak

Dallas has just guaranteed themselves a wasted 4 years of mediocrity before they have to blow it up anyway

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But they were able to start the rebuild sooner, and have quietly built a stacked defensive line through the draft and have some nice pieces on offense. They are trending in the right direction. If they can just find a competent QB, they would have the highest ceiling of anybody in the NFC East. In fact, I'm not even sure Dallas is better than them now anyway even with a healthy Dak

Dallas has just guaranteed themselves a wasted 4 years of mediocrity before they have to blow it up anyway
    With a healthy Dak and the 3 pro bowl O-Linemen get back healthy and close to 100%, they will mop the floor with the present day Redskins/WFT. Their biggest problem with the WFT last year, aside from Dak, was atrocious pass protection because, like you said, they have a pretty stacked young defensive front 5 (I believe they run a 3-4 so Young/Sweat play OLB and excellent interior big men in Ioannidis-Payne-Allen). But a great OLine that can pass protect will always beat the WFT because that's really their only strength, since they don't have a QB and their coverage stinks.

With Dak in fold and healthy they will dominate the division, win 8-10 games a year and maybe win their first playoff game if it's at home against a mediocre wild card opponent, but the second round is their ceiling.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think this means Gallup is likely traded.

Post Count
    Every year, jerry keeps proving it was all jimmy Johnson.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    With a healthy Dak and the 3 pro bowl O-Linemen get back healthy and close to 100%, they will mop the floor with the present day Redskins/WFT. Their biggest problem with the WFT last year, aside from Dak, was atrocious pass protection because, like you said, they have a pretty stacked young defensive front 5 (I believe they run a 3-4 so Young/Sweat play OLB and excellent interior big men in Ioannidis-Payne-Allen). But a great OLine that can pass protect will always beat the WFT because that's really their only strength, since they don't have a QB and their coverage stinks.

With Dak in fold and healthy they will dominate the division, win 8-10 games a year and maybe win their first playoff game if it's at home against a mediocre wild card opponent, but the second round is their ceiling.
    Tyron Smith is the 'black' Sean Lee at this point. His better days are behind him, and it's a given he's just going to be dealing with injuries on the wrong side of 30. Plus, they were only 1-3 last year with all these guys healthy, so I'm not seeing some miraculous bounce back

Every year, jerry keeps proving it was all jimmy Johnson.
    This is a typical Jerruh move. He gets too emotionally attached to his guys and just knee-jerk throws money around everywhere just because they have a good stretch of games or have goofy celebration dances. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerruh has used up a whole box of napkins and lotion jerking it to Dak Prescott rehab videos on Instagram tbh imho

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tyron Smith is the 'black' Sean Lee at this point. His better days are behind him, and it's a given he's just going to be dealing with injuries on the wrong side of 30. Plus, they were only 1-3 last year with all these guys healthy, so I'm not seeing some miraculous bounce back
    Smith wasn't healthy and Collins missed the entire season, and his replacement (Terrence Steele the undrafted JAG) was downright atrocious and an absolute turnstile. So I don't know what you're talking about. Martin was indeed healthy but they were also juggling the center position because Looney is a JAG and the offensive line did improve with Biadasz (the Travis Frederick protege) at center. Also, Connor Williams sucks and always has.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Smith wasn't healthy and Collins missed the entire season, and his replacement (Terrence Steele the undrafted JAG) was downright atrocious and an absolute turnstile. So I don't know what you're talking about. Martin was indeed healthy but they were also juggling the center position because Looney is a JAG and the offensive line did improve with Biadasz (the Travis Frederick protege) at center. Also, Connor Williams sucks and always has.
    I was confused for a second and didn't see the number '3'. I just saw pro-bowl O-Linemen and only though of Smith and Martin since Collins hasn't made a Pro Bowl yet (although he was definitely snubbed in 2019)

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    If Jerruh would have just paid him last year they could have kept him for a of a lot less

Cowboys

Thread Information