Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's a lot different than all those times Romo was injured and the bot had no ing idea how to use misdirection/creativity to move the ball without a QB good enough to overcome ultra vanilla play calling.

That stretch of games where Brandon Weeden (I think) was their starter was particularly painful to watch.
    It was a combo of Weeden, Matt Cassel, and Kellen Moore.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    It's a lot different than all those times Romo was injured and the bot had no ing idea how to use misdirection/creativity to move the ball without a QB good enough to overcome ultra vanilla play calling.

That stretch of games where Brandon Weeden (I think) was their starter was particularly painful to watch.
    rofl that was 2015. I believe they went 1-11 without Romo. The Bot's "playbook" consisted of:

a) Checkdown to RB
    b)Chuck it deep to Dez
    c) Force it to Witten on third down

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rofl that was 2015. I believe they went 1-11 without Romo. The Bot's "playbook" consisted of:

a) Checkdown to RB
    b)Chuck it deep to Dez
    c) Force it to Witten on third down
    yep, only victory was against the Redskins who actually won the division that year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Packers released Jaylon Smith. Cowboys ILB Jabril Cox just tore his ACL. Do we bring back Smith on the cheap (free), tbh?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I've circled this home game vs Denver as a trap game for a very long time. Dak is back, we're 6-1 after two clutch road wins, everyone is excited. In 2014 we were 6-1 and then put up a stinker at home and lost to the lowly Redskins who were 3-13 that year. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose at home to Denver today in some fluke fashion. We haven't beaten Denver at all this century.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I've circled this home game vs Denver as a trap game for a very long time. Dak is back, we're 6-1 after two clutch road wins, everyone is excited. In 2014 we were 6-1 and then put up a stinker at home and lost to the lowly Redskins who were 3-13 that year. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose at home to Denver today in some fluke fashion. We haven't beaten Denver at all this century.

#ICalledIt

The Millennial Messiah ®

You sho did

what a ing show

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You sho did

what a ing show
    The Cowturds are an average, mediocre team. They will win that garbage division and lose their first playoff game from that #4 seed.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    How we doing f@ggots? Is now a good time?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How we doing f@ggots? Is now a good time?
    Yes. Let me bend over while you pull off your pants.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Cowturds are an average, mediocre team. They will win that garbage division and lose their first playoff game from that #4 seed.
    I really dont like Jerrah Jones and his Cowboys but I think you are being a little hard on them today.
    They came in y and went up against one of the quickest powerful RB in the league imo. That kid was playing a half a second faster than any Cowboy on that field including Parsons. He is sharing time with another RB on the Broncos, but that kid is A+. Also the Dallas D coord got his ass handed to him by Denver play calling. They caught Dallas being overly aggressive at exactly the right times.

The pass rush and defense were not great but Denver made some absolutely huge catches in tight coverage. Patrick for Denver had a great game and Denver called exactly the correct play on so many 3rd downs you would think they knew every D set that was called.

Dak was off for the game last week and it showed. They got in a hole, had to make calls that were easier to diagnose and it was over.

Just A bad game.
    I think Dallas is much better than they showed. Yeah they will win the division easily if they stay healthy. And if Dak's calf is not messing with his throwing. I dont think they are a Super Bowl winner but the way the D and receivers have played... You have to be happy with their new defense overall. Parsons is a monster and they got a lot of young kids that are going to be very good it looks like on D. They can progress more than 1 game in the playoffs, easily imo.

And yeah, I am absolutely a Cowboy hater but realistically, you have to be pleased with this year so far.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Not that he was on track to be splitting the atom anytime soon, but Zeke sounds like he's literally re -level in the IQ department. Watching old interviews from his rookie year he wasn't nearly as bad. He can barely form a complete, coherent sentence these days tbh wondering if all those hits he's taking are to do some damage. Wouldn't want him to end up like Marion Barber or Julius Randle imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I really dont like Jerrah Jones and his Cowboys but I think you are being a little hard on them today.
    They came in y and went up against one of the quickest powerful RB in the league imo. That kid was playing a half a second faster than any Cowboy on that field including Parsons. He is sharing time with another RB on the Broncos, but that kid is A+. Also the Dallas D coord got his ass handed to him by Denver play calling. They caught Dallas being overly aggressive at exactly the right times.

The pass rush and defense were not great but Denver made some absolutely huge catches in tight coverage. Patrick for Denver had a great game and Denver called exactly the correct play on so many 3rd downs you would think they knew every D set that was called.

Dak was off for the game last week and it showed. They got in a hole, had to make calls that were easier to diagnose and it was over.

Just A bad game.
    I think Dallas is much better than they showed. Yeah they will win the division easily if they stay healthy. And if Dak's calf is not messing with his throwing. I dont think they are a Super Bowl winner but the way the D and receivers have played... You have to be happy with their new defense overall. Parsons is a monster and they got a lot of young kids that are going to be very good it looks like on D. They can progress more than 1 game in the playoffs, easily imo.

And yeah, I am absolutely a Cowboy hater but realistically, you have to be pleased with this year so far.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Seriously Dallas had very little time with the ball because the Denver RB, the correct calls just made the game out of reach.

The Cowboys are players.
    They will not win the SB but they will play in determining who gets there.
    This is one game and if you are not pleased with the prospects you have forgotten how bad this franchise has been.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tyron Smith OUT for today's game. Cowboys going with the same bad offensive line combination that got Dak killed last week.

Ergo, Falcons are going to win. Not just because they're the better team, but because without Randy Gregory for 3 weeks, Matt Ryan is going to have plenty of time to build a campfire back there in a crystal clean pocket every time he drops back to pass. He will have 8-12 seconds to scan, first read, second read, third read, fourth read, back to first, second, third read, and eventually will find the open receiver. It will be pitch and catch for the Falcons with zero capable pass rushers other than Micah Parsons on the Cowboys roster (Lawrence and Gregory both out, and the rest of the DEs have zero pass rushing talent), and the Cowboys are hesitant to use Parsons as a DE (I don't know why?).

Falcons 28, Cowboys 24. I might be being too generous for the Cowboys.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    If Dallas loses this one, they need to swallow their pride and write a blank check for The Bot to come back imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dallas defense back to being garbage

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tell em run it up! Diggs with 8 int's

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tyron Smith OUT for today's game. Cowboys going with the same bad offensive line combination that got Dak killed last week.

Ergo, Falcons are going to win. Not just because they're the better team, but because without Randy Gregory for 3 weeks, Matt Ryan is going to have plenty of time to build a campfire back there in a crystal clean pocket every time he drops back to pass. He will have 8-12 seconds to scan, first read, second read, third read, fourth read, back to first, second, third read, and eventually will find the open receiver. It will be pitch and catch for the Falcons with zero capable pass rushers other than Micah Parsons on the Cowboys roster (Lawrence and Gregory both out, and the rest of the DEs have zero pass rushing talent), and the Cowboys are hesitant to use Parsons as a DE (I don't know why?).

Falcons 28, Cowboys 24. I might be being too generous for the Cowboys.
    Ugh Falcons didn't show up.

I guess today's game was an aberration, not the reality. Reality happened last week.

Not that he was on track to be splitting the atom anytime soon, but Zeke sounds like he's literally re -level in the IQ department. Watching old interviews from his rookie year he wasn't nearly as bad. He can barely form a complete, coherent sentence these days tbh wondering if all those hits he's taking are to do some damage. Wouldn't want him to end up like Marion Barber or Julius Randle imo
    How'd Marion Barber end up?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Huge game vs kc next week

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The Chad McCarthy

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This here was impressive. Broke dudes ankles

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/...-on-strip-sack

Boys’ put it all together…

now lets see how they handle success this time

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    How'd Marion Barber end up?
    Had some weird run ins with the law most likely due to CTE. Too lazy to look up the articles but there were a few incidents fairly recently too post-retirement. One time he was taken in for a mental evaluation when cops were called to a church where he was flashing a gun and yelling gibberish. Second incident, from what I recall, was that he was out jogging and ran shoulder first into two different cars. also apparently suffers from anxiety so bad to the point where he padlocks his doors and rarely goes outside

Sucks because he may have been my favorite player from those Wade Phillips years. He was quiet and actually seemed like a good guy. There's pretty much no doubt he has early onset of CTE from his reckless running style imo

Thread Information