Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have the coach organizations want
    and?
    yet you because he doesn’t move the way you like???
    yep

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was rhetorical The reply above tells you all you need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was rhetorical The reply above tells you all you need to know.
    I know it was, but as much as you believe they are, they are not related, and I wanted to make that clear to you, maybe now you understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yall need to retire from this website.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't done a terrible job this season. It seems like the young guys have given him some new energy, he seems motivated and is doing a good job, IMO. Last year he looked miserable most games, just like the fans were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How quickly will these exhalers be calling for Becky's head? I put the over/under at five games, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hiring Becky only makes history-and is not done with getting the best qualified

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't done a terrible job this season. It seems like the young guys have given him some new energy, he seems motivated and is doing a good job, IMO. Last year he looked miserable most games, just like the fans were.
    Last year Pop was fixated with outscoring the opponents, to the detriment of playing defense. It was surprising to turn back from the defensive mantra that the Spurs were known for. I like to say it was CIA Pop that lost just enough games to field the 3 and D player that the Spurs need from the draft?? And now the Spurs are back playing physical, tough defense. They are a long way to go, but the expectation is there to play better defense. And that's all I can hope for. Other teams are taking years, decades to replace their franchise player. I seriously think we've made a turn on Keldon and Co. Imo, they only need a 20/10 big to totally compete, one that they can get either through FA or draft (unlikely in 1st or 2nd year). Or maybe they already have with Keldon? Spurs just need big body to protect the rim and score some. Still, I see a clear direction where the Spurs are going.

A lot of fans will not appreciate Pop until he's retired, which is sad. Myself, I want him to get the winningest coach. I'm sure he doesn't care. But to have a Spurs coach get that while coaching just one team, our Spurs??? That's part of Spurs as one of NBA's mecca.
    Last edited by John B; 01-04-2021 at 02:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understood it the past few years, because of his stupid ass rotations, but what is the complaint this year? I think he's playing the right guys and most of them are good individual defenders.

Are his defensive schemes just outdated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How quickly will these exhalers be calling for Becky's head? I put the over/under at five games, tbh.
    I was pissed when she didn't put KBD in when she stepped in for Pop when he got tossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying Becky isn't a great coach is telling, the question is whether she is the best available coach. Most of the good coaches are being happily paid in good markets. Spurs will get their share of the retreads. No one is going to rush to succeed pop for a roster with such uncertain talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The alternative is the "lifetime pass" that you and the Sniff Crew are asking for

As hilarious as it will be to hear Pop call 4 down for Timmy 5 years from now, I think we should give the old man a much deserved rest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the bar to eclipse the current head coach is set at "understands modern NBA basketball," so hopefully the pool isn't that small

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understood it the past few years, because of his stupid ass rotations, but what is the complaint this year? I think he's playing the right guys and most of them are good individual defenders.

Yeah, rotations and personnel haven't really been issues with Pop this season (other than the fact that some of the personnel, the vets especially, is just.... Done). The problem lies within the schemes. As much as I love Pop, he doesn't seem to like the way the game is played nowadays (on both ends of the floor), and him trying to fight against the current and instill old timers' values into the young guys is actively detrimental to them and the team. The cliché is "Pop hates the 3", which I don't agree with, but the Spurs are clearly behind the curve in regards to modern offensive and defensive sets, and it's not entirely or majorly a personnel problem (even though Dejounte will disagree with me here).

I'm willing to give Pop this last season. Go out with a bang, hopefully even make the POs as a last hurray, then fade to black while the vets also leave or are traded. Start next season with a blank slate, new coach, and developed youngsters ready for a bigger role. That's a good plan to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you keep me smiling Pop will leave when he is ready, I doubt your organization/employer allows you to do the same but who knows...... Out of curiosity, who would you guys like to see coach the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought everybody on this message board knew these two things already:

1. This is Pop’s last season. He will retire after the Olympics.
    2. Bill Self will replace him as head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Synder
    Ime

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi Mugen.....I’m waiting to hear your candidates to coach this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His schemes are garbage bro. We give up 3s and lay ups while contesting midrange shots and overhelping on drivers. It should be the other way around. Like I said, when Messina and Udoka left, the defensive schemes went with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi Mugen.....I’m waiting to hear your candidates to coach this team
    Anybody below 70 years old. Take your pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll be ing, complaining and endlessly "trolling" (with terribly unfunny or amusing material) within 10 games of their arrival.

If you can't appreciate the greatest coach and front-office the franchise ever had (and will have), how the can you patiently watch the turds of the league (Jaques Vaughn, Jim Beilein, etc, etc,) actually blunder through losing season after losing season?

You are literally the dumbest, most childish, repe ive troll on these boards. I'd rather see you find a new team, leave here and never comeback than see Pop retire. His presence has actually led to great things and helped the team become a dynasty. You on the other hand are an ungrateful, annoying little turd stain that should have left here years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky would be great if we decide to tank for 2-3 seasons which is what realistically this team needs to do.

Once you draft one or two solid stars in the making, you thank her for her services and hire a legit NBA coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummmm.........ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll be ing, complaining and endlessly "trolling" (with terribly unfunny or amusing material) within 10 games of their arrival.

If you can't appreciate the greatest coach and front-office the franchise ever had (and will have), how the can you patiently watch the turds of the league (Jaques Vaughn, Jim Beilein, etc, etc,) actually blunder through losing season after losing season?

You are literally the dumbest, most childish, repe ive troll on these boards. I'd rather see you find a new team, leave here and never comeback than see Pop retire. His presence has actually led to great things and helped the team become a dynasty. You on the other hand are an ungrateful, annoying little turd stain that should have left here years ago.
    I can already hear you huffin' and puffin' after you typed that out, that's enough cardio for today big man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought everybody on this message board knew these two things already:

1. This is Pop’s last season. He will retire after the Olympics.
    2. Bill Self will replace him as head coach.
    It would be a good time for self to leave Kansas. Think they have some ncaa investigations going on

Thread Information