Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to get this bad boy ready for when that glorious day finally arrives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he quits before the trade deadline tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's wishful thinking. I think there's a chance they can nudge him out after the Olympics...

Spurs badly needed a Deron Williams these several years, unfortunately he ended up going to the Clippers and the old man stayed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won’t happen but that would be huge for the franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time. 23 years is a good run and nothing can take away from his resume.

Now, is it Becky Hammon, Will Hardy, or do you recruit an established coach like Synder, Monty Williams?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All time HoF coach but the Spurs might as well be coached by Vinny del negro these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now, is it Becky Hammon, Will Hardy, or do you recruit an established coach like Synder, Monty Williams?
    I mean it's definitely gonna be Becky tbh...

I don't really care, I'd take Aunt Becky from Full House over the current Spurs coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have retired the day Leonard asked for an trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop seems like one of those types of dudes who thinks if he stopped working and retired at his age, he would die like three years later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are exciting to watch again, and only after 2 years since losing a franchise player?? Waiting on 4 expiring contracts that could yield us maybe a Collins or other 20/10 player to complete the team. I think Pop and the FO have done a great job imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All time HoF coach but the Spurs might as well be coached by Vinny del negro these days
    HoF motivational speaker but an average head coach surrounded by all-time great players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gimme dat Becky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be coaching four more years if Trump won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's wishful thinking. I think there's a chance they can nudge him out after the Olympics...

Spurs badly needed a Deron Williams these several years, unfortunately he ended up going to the Clippers and the old man stayed.
    Won’t happen but that would be huge for the franchise
    Was mostly being snarky but I have to wonder if the team should likely find itself at the bottom of the West if Pop, already with one eye on the Olympics, decides to bow out to put his attention fully on winning that gold medal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are exciting to watch again, and only after 2 years since losing a franchise player?? Waiting on 4 expiring contracts that could yield us maybe a Collins or other 20/10 player to complete the team. I think Pop and the FO have done a great job imo
    Agreed, but it's also time for Pop to go. Both things aren't in conflict with each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should've retired after the 2019 season when Messina and Udoka left. Defense has fallen off a cliff ever since.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This thread is not going to age well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You get a real coach & GM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We want the Becky

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was mostly being snarky but I have to wonder if the team should likely find itself at the bottom of the West if Pop, already with one eye on the Olympics, decides to bow out to put his attention fully on winning that gold medal.
    Covid is still going to be around for pretty much all of 2021. The earliest things can get back to normal if the vaccine is rolled out appropriately is around November. Only reason I bring it up is that most of these top players are not going to want to go to Tokyo due to Covid the restrictions they would have to deal with while being down there. Playing in Tokyo is going to be playing in a bubble like environment again. Pop is going to get a bunch of second rate guys so the odds of him winning the gold is pretty low. I think he will have a hard time accepting this since getting the gold medal is the last thing he has to look forward to basketball wise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop seems like one of those types of dudes who thinks if he stopped working and retired at his age, he would die like three years later.
    I think he actually would die pretty soon if he stopped working. Prior to his wife dying Pop had been married for 40 plus years. I have noticed when people are married for that long when one dies the other one will follow shortly and also die within a few years. Basketball is really the only thing keeping Pop going. It's why I think he's going to coach until he dies.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retirement please. Quick. Quicker.

I guess he wants to coach till the Olympics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAIL this FO has been a farce and should have traded some Veterans a year ago. Coach is acting disengaged. A disaster it is rather than a great job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some real attention s on this board You have the coach organizations want but yet you because he doesn’t move the way you like??? I see dead people...oh, I mean CLOWNS!! Go paint your face....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new team should put him in the administration as special advisor on sports or wine or something and do it on Jan 20th.

Thread Information