Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a control freak, he'll be clinging to the clipboard when they bury him.
    I think so too. He’ll be coaching spurs in his 80s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you watch the game yesterday?
    I did not. I'm curious as to why you waited for the Spurs to lose in order to make Pop come off as an incompetent coach? It's one thing for a dip like the OP, who came up with a lame ass thread like this one. He or she can't help himself. But you seem to be a knowledgeable BB type. Blame Pop for bad coaching decisions that cost the Spurs against the Rockets. But to assume Pop is an old geezer and needs to retire because he can no longer coach, makes you come off as one of the dummy, ST fans on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe when White comes back we at least won't have Mills on the floor in crunchtime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not. I'm curious as to why you waited for the Spurs to lose in order to make Pop come off as an incompetent coach? It's one thing for a dip like the OP, who came up with a lame ass thread like this one. He or she can't help himself. But you seem to be a knowledgeable BB type. Blame Pop for bad coaching decisions that cost the Spurs against the Rockets. But to assume Pop is an old geezer and needs to retire because he can no longer coach, makes you come off as one of the dummy, ST fans on here.
    What's up bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up bro?
    Doing good my man. I see you're not letting your goat status take too much of a hiatus on ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how the Olympics getting cancelled would impact Pop’s retirement plans. He was always due to retire after the Olympics, which are supposed to take place this summer. But if they get cancelled outright, will Pop be with us until 2024?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/15/s...-olympics.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how the Olympics getting cancelled would impact Pop’s retirement plans. He was always due to retire after the Olympics, which are supposed to take place this summer. But if they get cancelled outright, will Pop be with us until 2024?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/15/s...-olympics.html
    I'd expect that to be the case. He's got a lifetime pass courtesy of Tim Duncan. He's the only one who'll determine his exit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will Pop be with us until 2024?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At most he'll likely continue until he breaks the all-time wins record - if it actually matters to him - but I could see him moving on once he has a clear successor.

Not sure if that person is on his staff currently or out in the NBA, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The unofficial OP should retire instead of posting ty threads would be better tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You see Bryn Forbes and Marco Belinelli were just CIA Pop all along"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST.........the place intelligent takes go to die! Is your Hall Of Fame Coach the real problem??? Our youngsters are thriving right now; Luka will come around I hope very soon,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST.........the place intelligent takes go to die! Is your Hall Of Fame Coach the real problem??? Our youngsters are thriving right now; Luka will come around I hope very soon,
    Samanic was always a two-year project at minimum. I don't know why people are surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic was always a two-year project at minimum. I don't know why people are surprised.
    Surprised, or maybe they are just not that bright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't know the Memphis coaches name after watching these two games but he'd be preferable than a guy whose time is clearly gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't know the Memphis coaches name after watching these two games but he'd be preferable than a guy whose time is clearly gone.
    He's not going to leave Memphis when their young duo of Morant-Jackson is better than the current Spurs young prospects.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Don’t know his name nor care, but he ate Poop’s lunch in a way I haven’t seen since Billy Donovan used to play around with the boomer.

I was hoping he’d retire with Tim to avoid getting exposed for the fraud he is, and then hoped he’d leave again when Trump lost the election. I’ve just come to accept that he ain’t leaving until he further ruins Coach K’s Team USA winning culture and gets fired. That will be the day he quits for good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s like we’re being held hostage because of the old fart’s ego or inability to let go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Don’t know his name nor care, but he ate Poop’s lunch in a way I haven’t seen since Billy Donovan used to play around with the boomer.

I was hoping he’d retire with Tim to avoid getting exposed for the fraud he is, and then hoped he’d leave again when Trump lost the election. I’ve just come to accept that he ain’t leaving until he further ruins Coach K’s Team USA winning culture and gets fired. That will be the day he quits for good.
    Unfortunately it looks like the Olympics are going to get cancelled again in '21. Looks like Pop will be here until '24.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s like we’re being held hostage because of the old fart’s ego or inability to let go.
    He's basically doing what Kobe did to the Lakers from '13-'16. His ego won't let him quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately it looks like the Olympics are going to get cancelled again in '21. Looks like Pop will be here until '24.
    China really did us dirty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's basically doing what Kobe did to the Lakers from '13-'16. His ego won't let him quit.
    Sure, he's eating up $38.5 million dollars in cap space, repeatedly ending up with the worst record in franchise history and forcing all our (top 5) lottery picks to play through him. Oh wait........

I'll drop it cause I like you as a poster and understand your frustration with the organization & Pop.

He was in a no - win situation (when Nephew turned his back on the organization) similar to Jerry Sloan once Deron Williams "disrepected" him during a game. Sloan had the sense to step away before the losing started and some of the fanbase (mostly on ST) turned on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, he's eating up $38.5 million dollars in cap space, repeatedly ending up with the worst record in franchise history and forcing all our (top 5) lottery picks to play through him. Oh wait........

I'll drop it cause I like you as a poster and understand your frustration with the organization & Pop.

He was in a no - win situation (when Nephew turned his back on the organization) similar to Jerry Sloan once Deron Williams "disrepected" him during a game. Sloan had the sense to step away before the losing started and some of the fanbase (mostly on ST) turned on him.
    Sloan slowly started showing signs of dementia and Parkinson’s after he stepped away. So yea, maybe he did his organization a favor and stepped away when he should’ve. That time was 5 years ago for Pop. Won’t happen though. He’s truly not over himself.

Thread Information