Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - people love Aldridge around here and I can respect the reason, but any legitimate talent starting in place of the overpaid backup center would already be an improvement over what we had in the last few games, it was more about adding talent and value that were being lost, in a completely hypothetical scenario the salary of Aldrige + Lyles would give for example Wood + Randle and we are probably looking at a 7-0 record today.
    - Keldon has already entered the "role player Kawhi" zone (I still believe he would have done this last season, probably with less consistency), in which he has one of the biggest impacts on the team, even when his numbers don't do it justice, he will probably achieve the superstar (tier 1) or star (tier 2,3 or 4) level in that league, but today Kawhi seemed to score on him with relative ease (although I don't have the numbers).
    - Derozan with 0FT is strange to see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay got a B

He had about as bad of a string of possessions toward the end of the 4th as you could have...

Blown dunk...missed open 3...two blown defensive assignments...unable to hold onto a rebound over a guy 6 inches shorter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Limiting DeRozan’s minutes was quietly one of the biggest keys to the win.”

If he came in a couple of minutes earlier in the fourth quarter, it would had been easily a loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this team and I love you, timvp.

Could you put the box score in the article like last year as well~

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy’s score is high but everything else seems spot on. I don’t think I’ve seen a player miss so many dunks in my life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Right on the money. I was specially happy with Vassell. He is a natural and deserves more burns. He is just gonna get better. It was odd that Pop kept Patty in with the lead but a Clippers getting momentum. That should’ve been our best defenders who can switch on anyone. That was weird. The much awaited faceoff of Keldon vs Kawhi had our youngster taking the challenge. Kawhi won that match with 30 points and 10 assist. But I’m sure Keldon will take that to heart and get even better next game. A great game that’s a win over s bag’s team, but I expect all will watch the film how to protect and close the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Right on the money. I was specially happy with Vassell. He is a natural and deserves more burns. He is just gonna get better. It was odd that Pop kept Patty in with the lead but a Clippers getting momentum. That should’ve been our best defenders who can switch on anyone. That was weird. The much awaited faceoff of Keldon vs Kawhi had our youngster taking the challenge. Kawhi won that match with 30 points and 10 assist. But I’m sure Keldon will take that to heart and get even better next game. A great game that’s a win over s bag’s team, but I expect all will watch the film how to protect and close the game.
    Lonnie had the matchup with Kawhi tonight, not Keldon. Keldon was only on Leonard maybe 20%-30% of the time.

Maybe the purpose of Lonnie being assigned to Kawhi was so he would absorb all the bull fouls.

Keldon was on Kennard most of the night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think even the best defender in the NBA could stop Leonard tonight. Hardly anything can stop a fadeaway like that. Not length, not speed, nothing. The only way is to not let him get in that position.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-06-2021 at 02:26 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - people love Aldridge around here and I can respect the reason, but any legitimate talent starting in place of the overpaid backup center would already be an improvement over what we had in the last few games, it was more about adding talent and value that were being lost, in a completely hypothetical scenario the salary of Aldrige + Lyles would give for example Wood + Randle and we are probably looking at a 7-0 record today.
    - Keldon has already entered the "role player Kawhi" zone (I still believe he would have done this last season, probably with less consistency), in which he has one of the biggest impacts on the team, even when his numbers don't do it justice, he will probably achieve the superstar (tier 1) or star (tier 2,3 or 4) level in that league, but today Kawhi seemed to score on him with relative ease (although I don't have the numbers).
    - Derozan with 0FT is strange to see.
    hmm..let‘s see... Aldridge -10 netrating, Poeltl +36. , yeah. Aldridge did much better for his 25 mill per year. Should be interesting how he does against AD, Gasol & LeBron. I wouldn‘t wonder if he doesn’t play against LAL because of his trade value.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win.. shouldnt have been so close tho..

Can understand playing the hot hand and i may hsvr missed the sub. Not giving Patty and Rudy a breather in the 4th almost cost the game. That gamble almost didnt pay off by Pop.

FIba/ Boomers Patty what a game.. won it for the spurs . Their smallerr counter to Lou Williams of the clips

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay is a very low IQ player. Every since he became a Spur, he has tried to dunk a slam dunk attempt very hard like he's trying to bring down the backboard like some young guy trying to showboat when if he had any type of basketball IQ, he would just do a nice layup or simply just dunk the ball without all the extra force. Guaranteed you can find at least 10 of those blown dunks from him with at least half of those coming in inopportune times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers were hot from down town too. So it was a good win despite PG not playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy’s score is high but everything else seems spot on. I don’t think I’ve seen a player miss so many dunks in my life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this team and I love you, timvp.

Could you put the box score in the article like last year as well~
    and can you have dinner ready when we get home? That would be greaaaat....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think even the best defender in the NBA could stop Leonard tonight. Hardly anything can stop a fadeaway like that. Not length, not speed, nothing. The only way is to not let him get in that position.
    Yup, Kawheasel was getting superstar calls. I hope Bowen would put a clinic with these youngsters on how to closeout and get on people’s face, or who does Pop have as his defensive guru? This group has a chance of getting really good defensively to hang their hat on. But they need to work on protecting the 3’s. They almost lost again from open 3’s. I hope Pop continues to address that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this whole collapse in the paint to give up a wide open 3 defense is re ed. Of course we will see a lot more of that, cause that's how the old man coaches. Best 1st half we played this season and aside from the Utah game, worst 2nd half of the season. This team can't score in the last 2 minutes of the game. I think the only player who hit a FG during that time was Dejounte. Same in the NOLA game, same in the Lakers games. Execution down the stretch is horrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge grade is way too high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a game last night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie had the matchup with Kawhi tonight, not Keldon. Keldon was only on Leonard maybe 20%-30% of the time.

Maybe the purpose of Lonnie being assigned to Kawhi was so he would absorb all the bull fouls.

Keldon was on Kennard most of the night.
    Eh. Walker drew Leonard for most of the first half, but after Kawhi started getting buckets on him, Pop switched Keldon on him. Johnson was the primary defender for the next quarter, with Walker spelling him after Johnson exited in the third. I agree that it wasn't bad defense that had Leonard go off, but I also think Leonard felt more comfortable when Pop put more physical defenders on him. Leonard's a really strong dude, but I think he's still a finesse player at heart. He has to be in the mindset to initiate contact, and he wasn't for the first 20 or so minutes of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2003 playoffs all over again lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our old guys looked old. LMA was pretty crisp at the start of the game, but it looked like he's only got about a quarter of so of fuel in him. Poetl is definitely better as a backup. Our lack of size is a definite weakness for this group. But I do like the fight in the young-uns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take a victory over Kawhi anytime, and any way we can get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our old guys looked old. LMA was pretty crisp at the start of the game, but it looked like he's only got about a quarter of so of fuel in him. Poetl is definitely better as a backup. Our lack of size is a definite weakness for this group. But I do like the fight in the young-uns.
    Aldridge didn't play at the bubble, shortened pre-season, and he's old. He didn't come back in good shape.

Thread Information