Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Sherman is also a free agent. Any chance he joins Dallas or Seahawks now?
    who knows. he's also gonna be 33 at the start of the season. he was still good this year but not like last year

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sherman is about done tbh. That torn achilles is catching up with him quick.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Quinn confirmed to Cowboys
    rofl so Dallas got rid of The Bot last year only to get the Defensive Coordinator version of The Bot this year. He basically runs a vanilla, simple defense that can't function without talented players IMO. Also not a fan of blitzing a.k.a needs a good secondary. In other words, we're screwed

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    rofl so Dallas got rid of The Bot last year only to get the Defensive Coordinator version of The Bot this year. He basically runs a vanilla, simple defense that can't function without talented players IMO. Also not a fan of blitzing a.k.a needs a good secondary. In other words, we're screwed
    Jerruh remains the best Cowboy stopper in the game

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Isn't morris another 3-4 guy?

Bradley was terrible as a HC but has proven success as a DC tbh.
    Morris was raised in the Tampa 2 under Kiffen, but I don't know what he's been doing.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    At least we have a stud strong safety who is IMO just as good as Adams but without the glamor and drama. And a budding superstar at CB1 in Diggs. The secondary has made strides. The biggest holes are X. Woods, Awuzie, Lewis, and Anthony Brown, but all of those except Brown are free agents and Brown is a cheap dime corner who should be demoted to just that.

We just need to draft Surtain at 10 and get a stud FS.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys hired Joe Whitt Jr. as the DB/secondary coach... who? Why not Bradley or Richard?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Urban Meyer HIRED to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

They own the #1 overall pick. Will they stand pat or trade down?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So SF is getting two picks for Saleh going to the Jets?

I think that's a bit too much, but I do understand how this does help with minority hires. It encourages teams to hire minority people for lead assistant roles, which is one of the biggest reasons so few have been head coaches. I think one fourth or maybe a third would be worth it. Two thirds feels insane. That's enough to where teams might constantly try to force minority coaches into roles just to hope to get the picks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So SF is getting two picks for Saleh going to the Jets?

I think that's a bit too much, but I do understand how this does help with minority hires. It encourages teams to hire minority people for lead assistant roles, which is one of the biggest reasons so few have been head coaches. I think one fourth or maybe a third would be worth it. Two thirds feels insane. That's enough to where teams might constantly try to force minority coaches into roles just to hope to get the picks.
    It's ing insane. If anything the thirds should only be for HC's. All assistants should be like a bottom 6th rounder... Agreed?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It's ing insane. If anything the thirds should only be for HC's. All assistants should be like a bottom 6th rounder... Agreed?
    I don't know exactly how the system works, but from what I saw, the thirds ARE only for HCs. Those picks go to the team that lost the coach though, not to the hiring team. So the only way to get those picks is to hire minority assistants and promote them up within your structure. So like if say Leftwich left to be a head coach this off-season, Tampa would get the comp picks, not the team that hired him. And if Wink or Roman on the Ravens walks, Baltimore might have more incentive to look to replace those guys with a minority candidate, though I don't know if there's a tenure requirement.

What this doesn't do is incentivize teams hiring minority HCs directly, which I think is a good thing. Doing that would basically handicap those coaches by raising questions about why they were hired.

EDIT: This is what I found about the initiative:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/6234064002/

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know exactly how the system works, but from what I saw, the thirds ARE only for HCs. Those picks go to the team that lost the coach though, not to the hiring team. So the only way to get those picks is to hire minority assistants and promote them up within your structure. So like if say Leftwich left to be a head coach this off-season, Tampa would get the comp picks, not the team that hired him. And if Wink or Roman on the Ravens walks, Baltimore might have more incentive to look to replace those guys with a minority candidate, though I don't know if there's a tenure requirement.

What this doesn't do is incentivize teams hiring minority HCs directly, which I think is a good thing. Doing that would basically handicap those coaches by raising questions about why they were hired.

EDIT: This is what I found about the initiative:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/6234064002/
    I meant that only teams losing minority HCs should be rewarded with 3rd round picks... not minority assistants promoted to HC or another role.

For example, Tomlin getting hired somewhere else (say, as a HC or GM, executive, etc). Not a low totem pole guy getting a HC job somewhere else.

Fair enough?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I meant that only teams losing minority HCs should be rewarded with 3rd round picks... not minority assistants promoted to HC or another role.

For example, Tomlin getting hired somewhere else (say, as a HC or GM, executive, etc). Not a low totem pole guy getting a HC job somewhere else.

Fair enough?
    No, that doesn't make any sense. First, what difference does it make if the HC a team is getting was an HC or OC or S&C C or whatever? It's the same role. Second, teams don't lose HCs typically. They fire them. If Tomlin signs somewhere else, it won't be because another team poached him. Sure, every once in a while a team and coach do just part ways after a contract is up, but that's rare. And if an HC under contract is going to a different team without being fired, it's a trade ala Gruden and already compensated for directly. Third, doing that would totally defeat the actual aim of the initiative, since it would encourage the hiring of retreads over up-and-coming coaches. You make long-lasting change through changing the composition of the pipeline/crop, not through trying to do late end-stage reforms.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cant believe nobody is hiring him ... one of the great defensive coordinators of the generation, and its not like his tenure with the rams ended poorly

Thread Information