Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I’m curious what teams y’all come up with, and I won’t belabor all the obvious ones, but use whatever criteria you want. I don’t care if they didn’t win a SB or even a playoff game. What teams wowed you?

-2018-Present Chiefs...This team is doing massive psychological damage to the rest of the NFL. People often say last season has nothing to do with the present season, but that’s bull . That Chiefs playoff run where they conquered big deficits 3 games in a row had all their opponents terrified this year. No lead is safe, and you can see the opponents’ buttholes pucker up in the 4th quarter of just about all their games this year. Same story with the Patriots’ dominance that preceded them.

-2007 Patriots...evil empire, ridiculously dominant with an argument for best team ever

-2008 Giants...sadly a forgotten team, but they were damn good coming off the SB win and started something like 11-1 against a brutal schedule until Plax shot himself and Steve Smith shredded his knee, making their offense conservative and predictable.

-1998 Vikings...anybody who was a kid when they hit the scene will agree this was the most entertaining team ever. ing Gary Anderson deprived us of an all-time SB matchup with 15-1 Vikings vs 14-2 Broncos. I’m bitter because I was at this SB and the Falcons were predictably raped. I was also at the 49ers-Chargers SB 4 years earlier, so I’ve witnessed some all-time clunkers. Good thing I never went to the last 3 Bills SBs.

-1991 Redskins...probably the greatest team that no one ever mentions. Started 11-0, lost by 3 points to the up-and-coming dynasty Cowboys, dominated 90% of the teams they played, and just murdered all 3 teams they faced in the playoffs...I mean that was over by the half, bad.

-1990 Bills...my boys, god that team was a revelation...the K-Gun in all its glory. Jimbo, Thurman, Dre, Lofton, Beebe, Metz, Bennett, Spider-Man Talley, Bruce. ing Belichick man...the two “Bills” had the perfect game plan. Bills had the ball only 19 minutes and scored 19 points. They choked, but were thoroughly out coached—a common team with most Marv Levy teams.

-1986 Giants...Phil Simms was not good, no matter what anybody tells you. LT is the greatest non-QB football player in NFL history by a country mile. Regarding this particular season, I’d advise any football fan to find all Giant games from this season and watch them.

the 85 Bears, the 72 Dolphins, and the 90s Cowboys

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Mid-late 2000s Chargers were pretty damn formidable, but they always choked.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Watching the 2011 Saints play in the dome was like playing Madden. Brees threw 46 TDs and set single season NFL record 5,476 passing yards (which has since been broken by 1 yard). Fun games to attend.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Watching the 2011 Saints play in the dome was like playing Madden. Brees threw 46 TDs and set single season NFL record 5,476 passing yards (which has since been broken by 1 yard). Fun games to attend.
    They were crazy lethal with Graham and Sproles...and would’ve won the SB if not for Gregg Williams. They would’ve had the Giants in the dome for the NFCCG and that was a bad matchup for NYG. That was a weak NE team (by their standards) that made the SB that year too

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    06 Bears defense was all-time beast; is that what we think they were?

I don't think Rex Grossman was better than a lot of HS QB's was the problem.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    09 Vikings are up there. F*ck all that Katrina marketing and the bounties and all the other su ious stuff.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    -1998 Vikings...anybody who was a kid when they hit the scene will agree this was the most entertaining team ever. ing Gary Anderson deprived us of an all-time SB matchup with 15-1 Vikings vs 14-2 Broncos. I’m bitter because I was at this SB and the Falcons were predictably raped. I was also at the 49ers-Chargers SB 4 years earlier, so I’ve witnessed some all-time clunkers. Good thing I never went to the last 3 Bills SBs.
    Vikes would've won; and John Elway's legacy as a 'choker' would've been cemented further.

That was the only time all year the Vikes even looked mortal. It was sad to see. Even still, you knew the comeback was going to be in the works because they were so talented. Gary Anderson with an all-time choke after being automatic all season. SMH. But he should've never been in that position. Vikes win that game by 20 or more on most days.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Watched a do entary on them a year or two back. That team paid it's dues in the years leading to 85. GOAT team to that point in time IMO.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    1999-2000 ans. The team that got me into the NFL.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    1999-2000 ans. The team that got me into the NFL.
    Still say that was not a lateral pass (Music City Miracle).

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    - Champions
    - Well rounded, no weakness
    - Dominant

1993 Cowboys - Arguably most balanced on list

1994 49ers - Best offense on list

1996 Packers - Best special teams on list

1998 Broncos - Best rushing attack on list

2004 Patriots - Most balanced and Defensive team of Bill/Tom era

2013 Seahawks - Best defense on list

Honorable mention
    1999 Rams, 2008 Steelers and 2009 Saints

OP, made wise choice with 1991 Redskins. Very underrated historically. 1989 49ers are the greatest team IMO. If not for Joe's injury in the 1990 NFC le game then 3-peat and likely sit atop the mantle by themselves.

80's Bears and Giants. Just not sold behind center but atleast the Bears had Payton and Defense was a notch better. Other historic defenses with Quarterbacks that did not measure up - 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, and 2015 Broncos. On the flip side historic offenses with D's that just fell short for my list - 2002 Raiders [no Ring], 2006 Colts, 1998 Vikings [no Ring]. Ofcourse undefeated 2007 Patriots should be mentioned.

Maybe only remember because I live in the area but props to Robz mentioned the mid 2000 Chargers. The 2006 team with LT, Turner and Neal. Physical defense on roids

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Still say that was not a lateral pass (Music City Miracle).
    It clearly was. It's just that the receiver is beyond the imaginary lateral pass line and that makes it seem like it was a forward pass. But if you just pay attention to the line yard the pass was thrown and the line yard the catch was made, it clearly shows the pass was a lateral one.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I started watching football in the 1990s so I can't say about anything before as far as me seeing them. But man Brett Favre killed the league during that 3 year MVP run. I never saw anything like it. Yeah they only won one Superbowl but Favre had other QBs looking up to him. Like the every QB in the league could be in a room together and Favre walked into and the air just went out of that room and all eyes were on him.

But to me was the 49ers that lost to the Cowboys in 93 or 95. I forgot but one of those years where the 49ers had the leagues best record. They were a dominant team, but they just didn't match up against Dallas at all. Especially Haley who hated them for some reason, even though he was at fault for them getting rid of him. I mean Steve Young and that offense was amazing that year. Just an awesome team to watch

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You can't just " the 85 Bears".
    Or one of those Cowboys teams.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You can't just " the 85 Bears".
    Or one of those Cowboys teams.
    But I did

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ok...then I pick the 72 Dolphins

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2013 Seahawks easily. Their games against the 49ers were close but they completely tore up the rest of the league on both sides of the ball. Most lopsided SB ever. When offense, defense and special teams came together to completely spoil the "greatest offensive team in NFL history"'s season in the February classic.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1985 Bears defense was less impressive because they played in a run heavy, conservative, punt on every 4th down era and didn't need to cover too much. The one time that they did, Dan Marino tore them a new asshole and scorched them for their only loss. And they got super lucky by dodging the Dolphins in the Super Bowl that year.

2013 Seahawks got the best the league had to offer and culminated their le run by holding the historically top offense to a measly 8 points -- all coming in garbage time. A.k.a., the stuff of legends.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The '65-'67 Packers
    Making Cowboys their when it mattered

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Definitely the 2007 Patriots. In their first eight games (all wins of course), seven of them they won by over 20 points . Their closest game the first half of the season was a 17 point win over the Browns. And they actually played a pretty tough schedule. After they went into Dallas and Indy and won (the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the NFL that year), I was all but convinced they'd go 19-0. Didn't see anybody beating them in New England, and thought they'd just dismantle whoever from the NFC in the Superbowl.

After them, I'd go with the 2011 Green Bay squad. They looked practically unstoppable all season, but I think they're overlooked because they completely sh!t the bed out of nowhere against the Giants in the playoffs

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I started watching football in the 1990s so I can't say about anything before as far as me seeing them. But man Brett Favre killed the league during that 3 year MVP run. I never saw anything like it. Yeah they only won one Superbowl but Favre had other QBs looking up to him. Like the every QB in the league could be in a room together and Favre walked into and the air just went out of that room and all eyes were on him.

But to me was the 49ers that lost to the Cowboys in 93 or 95. I forgot but one of those years where the 49ers had the leagues best record. They were a dominant team, but they just didn't match up against Dallas at all. Especially Haley who hated them for some reason, even though he was at fault for them getting rid of him. I mean Steve Young and that offense was amazing that year. Just an awesome team to watch
    Holmgren took the West Coast offense to Green Bay. Freeman, Brooks and Rison. Reggie White the greatest DLineman I ever saw. Secondary especially with Sharper and Butler as safties. RB and LB were lackluster which was shocking for that Era. But at a time when Steve and Troy were playing by the book, Brett went off script and often paid off.

Joe, Steve and Mike gameplanning

1992 the two teams were still elite. Young MVP season. One of my favorite games to rewatch. Aikman's greatest performance. It just got away from the 49ers as Joe stood on the sidelines and watched.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

San Diego. Upset that broke AFC losing streak and rescued a legacy.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 01-07-2021 at 03:41 AM.

Post Count
    04 Pats often get overlooked but they were exceptional. had star talent at every position except WR, which despite no star power, as a whole they were above average. along with the 92-93 cowboys, probably the most balanced team ive ever seen. dealt with quite a few injuries and still went 14-2

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    90s Run N Shoot Oilers. So much fun. That meltdown against the Bills in the playoffs was brutal.

Most impressive tho is Super Tecmo Bowl Raiders with Bo Jackson. Unstoppable.

Thread Information