Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this is me being right:
    i've been a big montrezl fan but sign dwight howard instead. he's size the spurs need. and will be cheaper.
    howard signed for the vet minimum.

this is you being wrong:
    There is no way Montrezl is signing for the MLE so not sure why people are saying it
    As Bobby Marks of ESPN outlines (via Twitter), with Harrell getting the full MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is me being right:

howard signed for the vet minimum.

this is you being wrong:
    I never said I was never wrong. In fact, I always take accountability. I'll dig up your after the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm sure Dwight would have wanted to come play for peanuts in San Antonio for a lottery team.

I don't get how you can make a thread about blowing it up and argue that the Spurs should go after a 35 year old Dwight Howard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, they got outplayed by a pissed off team. It happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, aren't the Spurs already blown up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, aren't the Spurs already blown up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are what your record says you are. We're a .500 team, we might sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed but I HIGHLY doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are what your record says you are. We're a .500 team, we might sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed but I HIGHLY doubt it.
    Man, that's this team's championship, just eeking into the playoffs and I'll take it but you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we are a #6 seed with a healthy White.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    rockets didn't have john wall... idk what any of you think you see in this team.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    to everyone who doesn't want to blow this up... demar and la are FAs after the season ends. spurs could get something back for them or just let them walk.

who cares about getting bounced in the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rockets didn't have john wall... idk what any of you think you see in this team.
    Didn't have Gordon either

Was basically their youth against our youth and vets

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bumping this for when the wizards beat the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bumping this for when the wizards beat the spurs.
    Keep bumping but the real reason we can't "blow it up" is no one is giving up anything of value for Lamarcus, Demar has no place on most contending teams or the fringe contenders who might want him don't have the salary to match or value in return to justify taking bad contracts. A team like the Magic or Hawks aren't taking Demar and running the risk of losing him for nothing- it's the same situation we are in now. Patty and Rudy are our most tradeable assets but I don't see Pop moving Patty and Rudy probably doesn't fetch much of anything.

The blow up window was before last season. It's gone now and we have to live with a really thin market for our vets who are all now expiring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s always Kyrie............ I’m think the nets would take Derozan.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s always Kyrie............ I’m think the nets would take Derozan.
    See taking an eccentric basket case, on a questionable deal is a good idea....
    Kyrie is going to turn into the Rickie Williams of basketball.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep bumping but the real reason we can't "blow it up" is no one is giving up anything of value for Lamarcus, Demar has no place on most contending teams or the fringe contenders who might want him don't have the salary to match or value in return to justify taking bad contracts. A team like the Magic or Hawks aren't taking Demar and running the risk of losing him for nothing- it's the same situation we are in now. Patty and Rudy are our most tradeable assets but I don't see Pop moving Patty and Rudy probably doesn't fetch much of anything.

The blow up window was before last season. It's gone now and we have to live with a really thin market for our vets who are all now expiring.
    If before the trade deadline LMA gets in shape and starts looking like he did in 2018-19 on defense there are a handful of teams that might toss us a low first and a mediocre prospect in addition to cap filler for him. Otherwise they just wait for the off season. He's looking pretty done as a starting center at this point. However he has always been known as a somewhat bad off season guy.

DeMar seems to like it here with the young guys and also seems to know his market value which is why he potted in to the end of hit Toronto contract. He'll get bids on the off season, I am expecting that we end up with him for another 3 on something like 18, 16.8, 16.3 team option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If before the trade deadline LMA gets in shape and starts looking like he did in 2018-19 on defense there are a handful of teams that might toss us a low first and a mediocre prospect in addition to cap filler for him. Otherwise they just wait for the off season. He's looking pretty done as a starting center at this point. However he has always been known as a somewhat bad off season guy.

DeMar seems to like it here with the young guys and also seems to know his market value which is why he potted in to the end of hit Toronto contract. He'll get bids on the off season, I am expecting that we end up with him for another 3 on something like 18, 16.8, 16.3 team option.
    you are absolutely dreaming. LMA will not fetch a first, a young player plus obligatory filler unless that matching contract is a bad contract and longer deal. Your DDR expectations are not even worth retorting; be prepared to be disappointed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just cringe at the thought of us running the same team back again next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See taking an eccentric basket case, on a questionable deal is a good idea....
    Kyrie is going to turn into the Kanye West of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just cringe at the thought of us running the same team back again next year.
    Man if they resign DDR and LMA? Holy . Just stick a fork in it. That poster who’s always talking about the spurs moving may get his wish if that happens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are absolutely dreaming. LMA will not fetch a first, a young player plus obligatory filler unless that matching contract is a bad contract and longer deal. Your DDR expectations are not even worth retorting; be prepared to be disappointed.
    I think you could get a 1st rd pick for LMA but you’d also have to take on a bad contract. The beloved GS trade is a great example. But how bad do you want that 1st? Are you willing to take on ty contracts like Wiggins etc to do it?

I know the GS trade isn’t happening anymore just using it as an example. You can get a 1st for LMA but the price is trading his expiring contract for a ty one.

I’m ok with taking in a contract for a high draft pick. The spurs have had ty contracts for a long time now so it would be just more of the same. Might as well get a good young talent too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if that Golden State deal was ever real or just ST figment based on a rumor the Warriors were looking to try and use it to move Wiggins contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People thinking you could resign DeRozan for 18 Million per year

more like 30 Million which he’s not worth

Thread Information