Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if they resign DDR and LMA? Holy . Just stick a fork in it. That poster who’s always talking about the spurs moving may get his wish if that happens
    Yeah man, I don't even want to think about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People thinking you could resign DeRozan for 18 Million per year

more like 30 Million which he’s not worth
    Yeah DDR is will get a Hayward type deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah DDR is will get a Hayward type deal.
    and probably MJ will take him to Hornets if he gets the chance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the more reason to sell high on our vets. My concern is teams see this as another lost season, so what’s the point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its time, this team certainly does look like a playoff team (6-8th seat) but thats about it.
    We're heading into a draft with loaded talent, and have pieces that we can trade for pick.

Demar: easily can get us a pick
    Patty: shooters are always wanted
    Rudy: bench option and he's playing really well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the problem with the Spurs they won't do a trade it's just not good for Culture

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    welcome aboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realized you have almost the same thread posted 3 weeks later. Maybe you should combine your single thought into a single thread.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I only pay attention to a couple posters on here. The majority usually are either cliffjump, over react, or are just griefers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It already is blown up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FO blew it by not trading veterans last year and re-signing Jakob the stiff.
    Last edited by Rummpd; 02-03-2021 at 08:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are what your record says you are. We're a .500 team, we might sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed but I HIGHLY doubt it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bump.

pop is drunk. if the spurs were serious about making the playoffs then thad would be playing more... but again, what is even the point of trying to make the playoffs ?

keep keldon, jock, murray.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Picks don't mean success. Let's not make you a GM anytime soon, okay?
    neither does this roster.
    no one on this site should be surprised i was right.

me = get picks for vets
    you = no, don't

devaluing draft picks

and just because you have them doesn't mean you have to use them. they're still tradable.
    and check out who your profile pick is of.

raptors traded a draft pick to the spurs for kawhi. and that became keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump.

pop is drunk. if the spurs were serious about making the playoffs then thad would be playing more...

No, if they were serious about making the playoffs, they wouldn’t have traded for Thad, and Aminu, in the first place. That’s $24M in cap space, and competent organizations can do good things with that kind of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, if they were serious about making the playoffs, they wouldn’t have traded for Thad, and Aminu, in the first place. That’s $24M in cap space, and competent organizations can do good things with that kind of money.
    Like getting a couple of picks for it? Presti, for example, got a first round pick for the privilege of waiving and paying Kemba $54 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope they get compensated better the next time they look to rent cap space. This summer is looking like another offseason where few teams have room under the cap to make moves. It’s also a thin free agent market. Barring a deadline trade by the Spurs they will be well positioned to help win now teams to make moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like getting a couple of picks for it? Presti, for example, got a first round pick for the privilege of waiving and paying Kemba $54 million.

You failed to mention that OKC moved Horford off their books in that deal. And other factors. As to whether OKC can be considered competent, only time will tell. They are currently fielding a bad team, but with a strategy of tanking and ac ulating draft picks - while the lack of a longer term strategy continues to be a complaint about the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You failed to mention that OKC moved Horford off their books in that deal. And other factors. As to whether OKC can be considered competent, only time will tell. They are currently fielding a bad team, but with a strategy of tanking and ac ulating draft picks - while the lack of a longer term strategy continues to be a complaint about the Spurs.
    Horford is still a starting caliber NBA player, even if overpaid. Didn't mention him because they essentially moved a starting caliber player for a player they've paid $54 mil to waive. They also got Favors's $20 mil on their books for a first , while sending a SRP the other way.

I'm not saying that's good or bad on Presti's part. But this is the context of what last summer's business was like, which makes it difficult for the Spurs to do much better with the DDR deal or the cap space they'd have had they not done it. My point is that a FRP, 2 seconds + whatever they get for Thad was a good use of that cap space, considering the cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one on this site should be surprised i was right.

me = get picks for vets
    you = no, don't

Why are you obsessed with bumping your own posts? You’re either 5 years old or have an extreme mental illness like narcissistic personality disorder. Go get help and stop seeking attention on this board.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    keep keldon, jock, murray.
    pull the plug on the rest of the roster.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    For those with short memories, "blow it up" was a thing. Now you have to live with it being blown up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, when you rip the band aid off it's going to bleed pretty quick - People need to realize it's going to take more then two years to get back into Champion type life for us.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    For those with short memories, "blow it up" was a thing. Now you have to live with it being blown up.
    Yep, when you rip the band aid off it's going to bleed pretty quick - People need to realize it's going to take more then two years to get back into Champion type life for us.
    the point of this thread was for the spurs to get more value for players than i knew they would ultimately end up getting:
    no point in making the playoffs. this team isn't going to improve internally enough to all of a sudden become a contender next year or the year after.

move demar, la, gay. winning regular season games isn't important. it hurts the team's future tbh.

it's long past time for the spurs to get real.
    the spurs ended up buying lamarcus out, rudy gay left in the offseason.

for derozan they got thad young, aminu, a protected 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks.

and according to sports illustrated i'm only seeing a 1st round pick & a 2nd round pick from the bulls.

the league knew the spurs were desperate to move on from demar that offseason, which drove his trade value down.

the spurs could've gotten a lot more from those three if they actually blew it up when i posted this.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    but the spurs landed wemby, it is what it is.

Thread Information