Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but the spurs landed wemby, it is what it is.
    But they'll lose him if they don't tighten it up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you keep trying to win with the youth. let them fight for a playoff spot and fail. it'll make them hungrier.
    trade the vets.
    literally: do what okc did / is doing.
    Yeah, because they're soooo successful.
    that's not the point

they didn't move cp3 because they thought they'd be better without him. they got three draft picks from moving him. also got picks for adams.
    damn, this is rich as fück

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    okc currently 2nd in the west and has amassed the deepest collection of draft picks in NBA history going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okc currently 2nd in the west and has amassed the deepest collection of draft picks in NBA history going forward.
    The PG trade made that happen. It was a 2 for 1 deal for the clippers and Thunder took everything. Toronto were also bidding. PG wasn't worth that but clippers would get Leonard if they got PG.

If Thunder didn't get SGA, then where are they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ true. People tend to overrate the genius of certain front offices for things that just fall on their laps due to fortunate situations that they never really planned for. Granted OKC did mail their draft picks for a few years in a row so kudos to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PG trade made that happen. It was a 2 for 1 deal for the clippers and Thunder took everything. Toronto were also bidding. PG wasn't worth that but clippers would get Leonard if they got PG.

They really lucked out with SGA. Nobody believed SGA was going to be as good as he became. I remember the Clippers tried to trade for Kawhi in the summer of '18 and offered SGA in that trade, but the Spurs shot it down and everybody on here including myself didn't want SGA and what they had to offer. I was grossly wrong about SGA, but it goes to show you that he wasn't some can't miss prospect that everybody thought was going to be great. It's hard to spot these hidden gems.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted us to trade with LAC on draft night, thinking it was our best chance, but that was with the misconception that we would be rebuilding. What followed was a disaster worse than this.

I don't like OKC, but I'm 100% more confident Presti would have shepherded us towards a rebuild better than what we did at the time. Luckily, we have Wemby and assets, so the book hasn't been written yet. But dismissing Presti completely seems silly.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

the point of this thread was know when to hold em, know when to fold. spurs could’ve gotten a good deal for demar, lamarcus, rudy gay.

instead the spurs waited to only trade demar. after they reeked of desperation, which resulted in a worse deal.

but like i said before, spurs are where they are. so whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point of this thread was know when to hold em, know when to fold. spurs could’ve gotten a good deal for demar, lamarcus, rudy gay.

instead the spurs waited to only trade demar. after they reeked of desperation, which resulted in a worse deal.

but like i said before, spurs are where they are. so whatever.
    Rudy Gay hasn’t brought an asset return as the feature player in a trade since 2013. LMA went from an All Star feature player on a 60 win team to a TOSB in about 12 months. Considering that DeMar was a UFA, the return was outstanding. A FRP and SRP from CHI, plus Thad, who we combined with a SRP to yield another FRP. Not bad at all.

Thread Information