Page 113 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4045
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bottom line, a two party system where one party is actively opposed to democracy is scarcely viable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have gone down differently had Antifa et al taken the bait

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/tru...-20211216.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bottom line, a two party system where one party is actively opposed to democracy is scarcely viable.
    also, once the GOP ends democracy, there will be no legal way to bring it back.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amen.

Threatening to blow up the duly elected President on his first day in office started us off, January of 2017.
    Threatening to shoot the duly elected President to death on his last day in office 4 years later was duplicitous.

Just because...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, once the GOP ends democracy, there will be no legal way to bring it back.
    yep, and the fascist Repugs/Capitalists/Christians know it.

As with all fascist regimes, the corruption will be unpresidented.

100Ks will die unnecessarily from increased pollution by Capitalists.

Pristine natural areas will be raped and destroyed by Capitalists.

Historically, a country so ed and corrupted has been "resolved" only by violent revolution.

Totalitarian political/financial power is never yielded peacefully.

And the ignorant, stupid, low-ed, low-wage, duped rurals who vote in Orbanism will not benefit then anymore than they do now.

The anti-democratic Cons ution is the bad faith Orbanizers' most powerful weapon.

America doomed by an 18th century do ent written by white male oligarchy for the white male oligarchy who naively assumed good faith by themselves and their replacements.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yep, and the fascist Repugs/Capitalists/Christians know it.

As with all fascist regimes, the corruption will be unpresidented.

100Ks will die unnecessarily from increased pollution by Capitalists.

Pristine natural areas will be raped and destroyed by Capitalists.

Historically, a country so ed and corrupted has been "resolved" only by violent revolution.

Totalitarian political/financial power is never yielded peacefully.

And the ignorant, stupid, low-ed, low-wage, duped rurals who vote in Orbanism will not benefit then anymore than they do now.

The anti-democratic Cons ution is the bad faith Orbanizers' most powerful weapon.

America doomed by an 18th century do ent written by white male oligarchy for the white male oligarchy who naively assumed good faith by themselves and their replacements.
    Amen.

Threatening to blow up the duly elected President on his first day in office started us off, January of 2017.
    Threatening to shoot the duly elected President to death on his last day in office 4 years later was duplicitous.

Just because...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dayum.

Americans might well wonder what prompted such a stern warning. One of the signers, in fact, was Mark Esper, whom Trump had shockingly fired as Pentagon chief just days after the Nov. 3 election. The supposed lame duck president had not only replaced Esper but — with just nine or so weeks before leaving office — had installed an entire slate of new loyalists at the Pentagon as well as intelligence agencies. Asked the New York Times in a headline: “To what end?”

To what end, indeed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That theory certainly explains a lot, and is consistant with the evidence.

More recently, a former high-ranking official in the D.C. National Guard has called two top Army generals “absolute and unmitigated liars” in their efforts to explain the delay in deploying Guard troops positioned at a nearby armory until nearly 5:30 p.m., or when the worst fighting that injured scores of police officers was already over. This discrepancy needs to be answered — but so does the question of whether Guard troops would have been more hastily deployed in the event of leftist protesters, and whether that action would have impeded Biden’s certification. (Also, the question of why one of those two generals in that line of command was Gen. Charles Flynn, brother of Trump ally Michael Flynn who was leading efforts to overturn the election.)

While an alarming timeline about the possible role of troops and a national security emergency on January 6 is taking shape, there are, of course, many holes that still need to be filled in by an aggressive House investigation. First and foremost is learning what communications took place between Meadows and other White House staffers with the Pentagon to believe that soldiers were “on standby” to support their cause. Investigators should also ask about Trump’s focus on “antifa,” right up to the middle of the afternoon on January 6. Increasingly, the question is less whether there were plans for a coup on January 6 — clearly, there were — but who needs to be held accountable for the greatest assault on U.S. democracy since 1861.

Keep in mind something else rather shocking that we learned this week — that even knowing that the violent Capitol Hill insurrection was the work of Trump supporters, and horribly wrong, key Fox News hosts like Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity went on national TV that night continuing to suggest antifa might somehow be to blame. Because once the script for a coup has been written, apparently it’s hard to break character.
    Why the delay? Why was Meadows so confident?

They really wanted an excuse to declare an emergency and set aside the election.

Reichstag moment. ... wow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chair of Jan. 6 House committee says

testimony from Raffensperger is proving he is a key witness

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/16/2069533/-Georgia-Secretary-of-State-s-testimony-to-Jan-6-committee-helping-build-case-of-election-influence

but will Garland do anything with the evidence?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal judge throws out Gohmert lawsuit asking Pence to interfere in Electoral College count

Updated 2:29 AM ET, Sat January 2, 2021

a lawsuit from Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas and several Arizona Republicans seeking to force Vice President Mike Pence to help throw the election to President Donald Trump next week when Congress meets to count the Electoral College votes.

Judge Jeremy Kernodle of the Eastern District of Texas said on Friday that Gohmert and the others lacked standing to sue.

In a filing late Friday, Gohmert and other plaintiffs filed a notice of appeal to the

Fifth Circuit of the US Court of Appeals.

Gohmert and a slate of would-be Trump electors from Arizona had

said only Pence could decide what electoral votes count --

a remarkable argument suggesting vice presidents can directly determine who wins a presidential election, regardless of the results.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/01/polit...out/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a mere tile in the mosaic, but the impulse to jettison democracy before the votes were even counted stands out.

tied to Rick Perry

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/17/polit...v-4/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting the fix in for Trump before votes had even been counted would indeed have been an aggressive strategy.

Members of the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol believe that former Texas Governor and Trump Energy Secretary Rick Perry was the author of a text message sent to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows the day after the 2020 election pushing an "AGRESSIVE (sic) STRATEGY" for three state legislatures to ignore the will of their voters and deliver their states' electors to Donald Trump, three sources familiar with the House Committee investigation tell CNN.

A spokesman for Perry told CNN that the former Energy Secretary denies being the author of the text. Multiple people who know Rick Perry confirmed to CNN that the phone number the committee has associated with that text message is Perry's number.

The cell phone number the text was sent from, obtained from a source knowledgeable about the investigation, appears in databases as being registered to a James Richard Perry of Texas, the former governor's full name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winehole and boots 69ing to beat the band

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "AGRESSIVE (sic) STRATEGY" for three state legislatures to ignore the will of their voters and deliver their states' electors to Donald Trump,"

Confederate / red "swing states" are weaponizing "legislative independence"

which they interpret to mean they can do whatever the they want to do,

independent of anything,

such as ignoring a Presidential popular vote won by the Dem candidate,

meaning they will send their own Repug electors from a state won by the Dem.

Fascist Repugs Orban-izing USA, step by step, from many directions.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-17-2021 at 06:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are ing re ed Rachel Maddow's tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagining man on man action is one of your greatest themes in this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagining man on man action is one of your greatest themes in this forum.
    So if I imagine man on woman is that ok for you? Are you a phobe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, you should def stick with the gay pillow talk if it suits you better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tactics of the weak, "you fantasize about man on man", "you post late at night calling out for guys", "you follow me around", etc...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Might have gone down differently had the Fed not had undercover provocateurs egging on and instructing the rally goers to breach the capitol.

Meet Ray Epps, Part 2: Damning New Details Emerge Exposing Massive Web Of Unindicted Operators At The Heart Of January 6

https://www.revolver.news/2021/12/da...ors-january-6/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Might have gone down differently had the Fed not had undercover provocateurs egging on and instructing the rally goers to breach the capitol.

Meet Ray Epps, Part 2: Damning New Details Emerge Exposing Massive Web Of Unindicted Operators At The Heart Of January 6

Tell it, CR.

Testify!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Federal Reserve what, now?

Lol Revolver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Beachfront property for sale for ya in Yuma, Arizona.

Revolver.News - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

Thread Information