Page 118 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4045
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    'I will shed more' blood:

Judge orders oath-breaking former deputy to remain in jail to await MAGA riot trial

a former sheriff’s deputy from Tennessee who is accused of dragging a Metropolitan police officer into a crowd of violent rioters at the US Capitol on Jan. 6 must stay in jail while he awaits trial.

“I’ve shed blood for my country. By the hands of the swamp,” the 27-year-old McAbee reportedly wrote.

“I will shed more in the days to come. But I will not forget the Oath I swore years ago to protect the America I once knew.”

https://www.rawstory.com/ronald-colton-mcabee

- "Go down there and peacefully protest."

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from who? the voters?
    No, the 6 feet of dirt on top of them does that just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peter Navarro is proud of his last hour efforts to fill the airwaves with bull , er, "to lay a legal predicate" to overturn the election.

“The Green Bay Sweep was very well thought out. It was designed to get us 24 hours of televised hearings,” he said. “But we thought that we could bypass the corporate media by getting this stuff televised.”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-electoral-win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, DMC, what do you think of the bogus legal predicate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stuart Stevens Tells CNN’s Jake Tapper

‘Every Level of the Republican Party was Involved’ in Planning Jan. 6:

This Was Not an ‘Impromptu Event’

Former Republican strategist Stuart Stevens

“So by digging up and going to find out who financed the rallies, who paid for the buses, who paid for the robocalls, the radio ads, these individuals who actually paid for this rally, which led to an insurrection — they paid for this coup,”

the need for accountability not just for those who stormed the Capitol, but for

“those individuals who paid for it and elected officials who aided and abetted.”

“They were very clear about what they wanted to do.

They wanted to stop the peaceful transfer of power.

I mean, this is what they wanted Pence to do.

There’s no secrets here.

It’s just a question of whether people are going to be held accountable.”

“Every level of the Republican party was involved in this,”

“White House staff,
    Congressmen,
    Senators,
    their staffs,
    the Republican Governors Association,

was involved.

The RNC. Major donors.”

“It was long in the planning. And people paid for it and they tried to overthrow the government of the United States.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/stuart-s...promptu-event/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stuart Stevens Tells CNN’s Jake Tapper

‘Every Level of the Republican Party was Involved’ in Planning Jan. 6:

This Was Not an ‘Impromptu Event’

Former Republican strategist Stuart Stevens

“So by digging up and going to find out who financed the rallies, who paid for the buses, who paid for the robocalls, the radio ads, these individuals who actually paid for this rally, which led to an insurrection — they paid for this coup,”

the need for accountability not just for those who stormed the Capitol, but for

“those individuals who paid for it and elected officials who aided and abetted.”

“They were very clear about what they wanted to do.

They wanted to stop the peaceful transfer of power.

I mean, this is what they wanted Pence to do.

There’s no secrets here.

It’s just a question of whether people are going to be held accountable.”

“Every level of the Republican party was involved in this,”

“White House staff,
    Congressmen,
    Senators,
    their staffs,
    the Republican Governors Association,

was involved.

The RNC. Major donors.”

“It was long in the planning. And people paid for it and they tried to overthrow the government of the United States.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/stuart-s...promptu-event/
    Boiled down:::

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down:::

- President Trump
    STFU and stop wasting space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, DMC, what do you think of the bogus legal predicate?
    It's at least as bogus as the bogus legal subject.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    STFU and stop wasting space.
    If you can find away around that statement I'll abide your command, Mult. So far it is the saving grace for him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obviously they did not take the old man's directive of...

- "Go down there and peacefully protest." to heart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louie Gohmert Wanted Coup So Badly He Sued Mike Pence

In the last days of December 2020,Politico noted a decidedly odd story.

That’s when Rep. Louie Gohmert, along with a group of would-be Donald Trump electors from Arizona,

filed suit against Mike Pence—

not for violating the 1887 Electoral Count Act, but for following it.

The suit against Pence seems to have been a proxy fight in two ways:

First,
    the suit from Gohmert put more pressure on Pence to go along with the coup plan that was being
    circulated around the White House and briefed to Republicans in Congress.

Second, it was a direct attempt to get the Department of Justice to weigh in on the cons utionality of the Electoral Count Act.

Scoring points on either of those fronts might seriously advance the hopes of running through Trump’s plan to overthrow the election while giving it a patina of legality.

In that December 2020 lawsuit, Gohmert and company explicitly make the claim that would be repeated in the memos from Eastman and the PowerPoint from Waldron.

"Under the Twelfth Amendment,

Defendant Pence alone has the exclusive authority and sole discretion to open and permit the counting of the electoral votes for a given state,

and where there are competing slates of electors, or

where there is an objection to any single slate of electors, to determine which electors’ votes,

or whether none, shall be counted," claims the suit.

In other words, Pence, with no other authority or evidence, could determine which states got counted, and which states did not.

The 1887 Electoral Count Act, according to the suit, is uncons utional because it puts limits on that unlimited authority to decide what’s in, and what’s out.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/louie-gohmert-mike-pence

Will the Dems at least censure bad faith Goofy Gohmert? or let him get away free?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's at least as bogus as the bogus legal subject.
    Deflecting with facetious precision becomes you. Still no take on the autocoup or the various legalistic schemes to throw out the election, I guess that’s your kryptonite in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deflecting with facetious precision becomes you. Still no take on the autocoup or the various legalistic schemes to throw out the election, I guess that’s your kryptonite in this thread.
    I strongly condemn the attempted insurrection and the various legalistic schemes to throw out the election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I strongly condemn the attempted insurrection and the various legalistic schemes to throw out the election.
    I asked you what you thought, but if if all you've got is an obligatory condemnation, that's all you've got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already Behind Bars:

Capitol Rioter Jenna Ryan Went to Federal Prison Days Before Christmas

“I have to imagine that there was a motive behind this, and your motive probably is: You want to go in there, now you can write in your book what it was like to be in prison for Christmas,” he said.

the Frisco broker had previously reached out to her. Ryan reportedly asked if she could choose to stay in solitary confinement because she’d heard rumors that she might get hit with a “lock in a sock.”

But Ryan eventually decided that she’d do just fine in the general population, claiming that she knows how to make friends with anyone, Coulman said. “[Ryan] goes, ‘I grew up in the streets,’” she said, laughing.

she claimed to look forward to doing lots of yoga.

She also said it would be “worth going to prison” if she manages to lose 30 pounds thanks to a
    new workout regimen and diet, free from alcohol and junk food.

prison officials likely won’t appreciate Ryan’s TikTok posts.

they’re going to look at that and they’re going to make her time hard because they’re going to give her a reality check,”

“And she’s not going to lose weight; she’s going to probably gain weight because of how they cook everything in there with starches and all that.

“I don’t think she realizes what she’s about to walk into,”

Filming herself lying next to her shirtless boyfriend, Ryan inquires about their future.

“Honey, what’s going to happen — are you going to cheat on me when I go to prison?” she asks

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/frisco-real-estate-broker-and-capitol-rioter-jenna-ryan-surrenders-to-federal-prison-13098960

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Already Behind Bars:

Capitol Rioter Jenna Ryan Went to Federal Prison Days Before Christmas

“I have to imagine that there was a motive behind this, and your motive probably is: You want to go in there, now you can write in your book what it was like to be in prison for Christmas,” he said.

the Frisco broker had previously reached out to her. Ryan reportedly asked if she could choose to stay in solitary confinement because she’d heard rumors that she might get hit with a “lock in a sock.”

But Ryan eventually decided that she’d do just fine in the general population, claiming that she knows how to make friends with anyone, Coulman said. “[Ryan] goes, ‘I grew up in the streets,’” she said, laughing.

she claimed to look forward to doing lots of yoga.

She also said it would be “worth going to prison” if she manages to lose 30 pounds thanks to a
    new workout regimen and diet, free from alcohol and junk food.

prison officials likely won’t appreciate Ryan’s TikTok posts.

they’re going to look at that and they’re going to make her time hard because they’re going to give her a reality check,”

“And she’s not going to lose weight; she’s going to probably gain weight because of how they cook everything in there with starches and all that.

“I don’t think she realizes what she’s about to walk into,”

Filming herself lying next to her shirtless boyfriend, Ryan inquires about their future.

“Honey, what’s going to happen — are you going to cheat on me when I go to prison?” she asks

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/frisco-real-estate-broker-and-capitol-rioter-jenna-ryan-surrenders-to-federal-prison-13098960
    Maybe she'll "Get mad at them damn eggs!"

- "Drag" - "Cool Hand Luke"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporter reveals the moment Peter Navarro realized he may have landed in hot water:

'Oh no, I've said too much'

Peter Navarro appeared to realize he said too much at one point in an interview where he told a reporter that

he and Steve Bannon plotted an attempted coup to keep Donald Trump in the White House.

he told The Daily Beast they had lined up 100 lawmakers, including some senators, to complete their coup -- which ultimately failed.

Peter Navarro saying,

'Look, we had nothing to do with the violence, it didn't work in our favor because

it stopped us from

what doing what we really wanted to do,

which was stop the certification of President Biden's win.'"

https://www.rawstory.com/peter-navarro-coup

Note to EVERYBODY: these crimanal Repugs, Federal and Confederacy, plan to steal the 2024 election if Repug candidate loses swing states, because they know the nobody can stop them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Reporter reveals the moment Peter Navarro realized he may have landed in hot water:

'Oh no, I've said too much'

Peter Navarro appeared to realize he said too much at one point in an interview where he told a reporter that

he and Steve Bannon plotted an attempted coup to keep Donald Trump in the White House.

he told The Daily Beast they had lined up 100 lawmakers, including some senators, to complete their coup -- which ultimately failed.

Peter Navarro saying,

'Look, we had nothing to do with the violence, it didn't work in our favor because

it stopped us from

what doing what we really wanted to do,

which was stop the certification of President Biden's win.'"

https://www.rawstory.com/peter-navarro-coup

Note to EVERYBODY: these crimanal Repugs, Federal and Confederacy, plan to steal the 2024 election if Repug candidate loses swing states, because they know the nobody can stop them.

& don't forget this...

- President Trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watergate’s John Dean perplexed DOJ hasn’t arrested Peter Navarro: ‘I don’t get it’

cons utional law expert Laurence Tribe, who taught Attorney General Merrick Garland at Harvard Law, suggested that it appears Navarro committed multiple crimes.

"So this was both

(1) seditious conspiracy (18 USC 2384) and

(2) conspiracy corruptly to obstruct and impede an official proceeding (18 USC 1512(c)(2)),

each a very serious federal felony —

but evidently nothing to see here, Mr. Attorney General?"

"In his new book, former Trump aide Peter Navarro appears to be bragging that

he got away with seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to obstruct and impede Congress,

not to mention several other serious crimes.

Apparently, the Department of Justice could care less? I don’t get it!" Dean said.

https://www.rawstory.com/peter-navarro-crimes/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Watergate’s John Dean perplexed DOJ hasn’t arrested Peter Navarro: ‘I don’t get it’

cons utional law expert Laurence Tribe, who taught Attorney General Merrick Garland at Harvard Law, suggested that it appears Navarro committed multiple crimes.

"So this was both

(1) seditious conspiracy (18 USC 2384) and

(2) conspiracy corruptly to obstruct and impede an official proceeding (18 USC 1512(c)(2)),

each a very serious federal felony —

but evidently nothing to see here, Mr. Attorney General?"

"In his new book, former Trump aide Peter Navarro appears to be bragging that

he got away with seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to obstruct and impede Congress,

not to mention several other serious crimes.

Apparently, the Department of Justice could care less? I don’t get it!" Dean said.

https://www.rawstory.com/peter-navarro-crimes/
    That wife of his Mo Dean was a hottie 50 years ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prosecutors walloping MAGA rioters with 'novel' new legal charges

are instead facing years in prison as prosecutors use a law passed in 2002 that was aimed at curbing financial crimes.

accused rioters are being hit with charges of obstructing an “official proceeding," which carries a much stiffer penalty if they are found guilty.

an estimated 270 of the fans of the former president being slammed with a provision found in the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

"prosecutors searched for tools to elevate some of the cases beyond the misdemeanor charges often applied for unruly but far less momentous Capitol protests.

They turned to a provision in the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act, enacted after the accounting-fraud scandal and collapse of Enron, which

imposes a potential 20-year sentence on those convicted of obstructing an 'official proceeding.'

The measure expanded what counts as obstruction and closed loopholes used by people involved in the Enron fraud,"

Prosecutors have offered to drop additional charges for some of the rioters if they plead guilty to that count and accept a punishment that would likely involve more than three years in prison.

Others have rejected those conditions—specifically the enhanced sentence requirements—and are opting instead to go to trial, "

"The term ‘official proceeding’…means ‘a proceeding before the Congress,’ ” noted U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta,

"A straightforward reading of that definition easily reaches the Certification of the Electoral College vote."

https://www.rawstory.com/prosecutors-walloping-maga-rioters-with-novel-new-legal-charges

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Condemning the right, a relative rarity for you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Condemning the right, a relative rarity for you.
    Versus just threatening to blow him up day 1 & shoot him to death last day.

Thread Information