Page 53 of 162 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4045
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magistrate jails Federico Klein, a midlevel State Dept appointee who took part in the Jan 6th US Capitol riot.

US Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui in Washington, DC, noted that when Klein joined the Trump administration in 2017 — he was a political appointee in the State Department — he took an oath to defend the US Cons ution “against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” That Klein is now accused of joining a mob of hundreds of people who descended on the US Capitol to disrupt Congress from exercising its cons utional duties was “extremely concerning,” Faruqui said as he announced his decision to keep him in custody.

“There were enemies, domestic, directly at the heart of America's democracy and a person who has sworn an oath to protect then switched sides,” Faruqui said.
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...d-capitol-riot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us all about Capitol riot hoax/conspiracy theory, as you understand it.
    "Darrin" and "understanding" in the same sentence.

Good luck with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, appointed by Trump on December 9th, 2020, took three hours and nineteen minutes after the first call for help to approve the deployment of the DC National Guard to the riot at the US Capitol Building, which by that point had been going on about four hours.

So far, the only Pentagon official who has testified publicly is Salesses, who had little direct involvement in the Jan. 6 response.

“I was not on the calls, any of the calls,” Salesses said.

Instead, Salesses stated that acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller was at the top of the chain of command and “wanted to make the decisions.”
    https://www.propublica.org/article/6...capitol-attack

Last edited by Winehole23; 03-12-2021 at 12:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the innocent explanation for this Jan. 4th memo from acting Secretary Miller to the DC National Guard?

The DCNG Chief told Congress he has never seen anything like it in 40 years of service.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the innocent explanation for this Jan. 4th memo from acting Secretary Miller to the DC National Guard?

The DCNG Chief told Congress he has never seen anything like it in 40 years of service.
    Oh, the humanity!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Hahah it was so fun': Unearthed messages reveal MAGA rioter's glee at deadly insurrection

Facebook messages unearthed by investigators show that a recently indicted Capitol rioter described the violence that left five people dead as "fun."

31-year-old Florida resident Corinne Montoni gleefully boasted to friends about taking part in the MAGA riots in a January 7th chat with a friend.

"Hahah yeah it was so fun," she wrote. "But they did pepperspray us." NOT Fun!

Montoni was arrested at her home in Lakeland, Florida and charged with several criminal offenses, including

obstruction of an official proceeding; Fun!

disorderly and disruptive conduct in restricted building or grounds; Fun!

and parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building. Fun!

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rio...rinne-montoni/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI Director Wray left gaping holes in his wobbly testimony on the Capitol insurrection

Why didn't the FBI arrest anyone at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6?

And why wasn't the National Guard sent in, until many hours later, to stop the attack?

Those were the main questions that still remain unanswered

I myself was highly skeptical on Jan. 6 about what law enforcement and the FBI would do to address the violence:

The inaction was blatant and glaring as the world wondered,

"Why are they allowing this?"

Wray also tried to blame other people at the FBI for the Senate stonewalling — any fault the FBI may have did not lie with its leaders. It must have been someone else.

Durbin, D-Ill., was concerned about the lack of a formal threat assessment report by the FBI at the time, with all that was known and publicly available.

did not directly explain why no formal threat assessment was issued in advance of the Capitol attacks.

The intelligence was there, but the policy action required to do something about it was not.

It was purely a political decision not to go after Trump's supporters right there and then, and

the FBI director was absolutely a part of this politicized intelligence and security loop.

he clearly pointed to white supremacy as the driving force behind the majority of domestic terrorism.

Yet despite what is said in public, the FBI continues to see the organized left as an enemy,

https://www.alternet.org/2021/03/christopher-wray/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "they love their country"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ProPublica has a ginormous trove of vids posted to Parler on Jan 6th.

As supporters of President Donald Trump took part in a violent riot at the Capitol, users of the social media service Parler posted videos of themselves and others joining the fray. ProPublica reviewed thousands of videos uploaded publicly to the service that were archived by a programmer before Parler was taken offline by its web host. Below is a collection of more than 500 videos that ProPublica determined were taken during the events of Jan. 6 and were relevant and newsworthy. Taken together, they provide one of the most comprehensive records of a dark event in American history through the eyes of those who took part.

Videos are ordered by the time they were taken. Scroll down to start watching or click on the timeline to jump to any point in the day.
    https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "SgtPepperSprayer" arrested in Naples, FL

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ot/4664101001/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selfie rebellion

Just arrest everyone that committed actual crimes and be done with it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin REEEEEEEALLY wants to forget his side tried to murder congress and the VPOTUS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin REEEEEEEALLY wants to forget his side tried to murder congress and the VPOTUS.
    Murder with what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selfie rebellion

Just arrest everyone that committed actual crimes and be done with it.
    That's what's happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murder with what?
    Fourteen people tied to the Jan. 6 attack are facing federal charges related to bringing or using dangerous weapons inside the building and two are facing firearms-related charges, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.

NBC News reported that within a week after the attack a dozen guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition had been found on seven people arrested before and after the Capitol riot.

Cleveland Grover Meredith, drove to Washington from Colorado with an assault-style Tavor X95 rifle with a telescopic sight, a Glock 9 mm with high-capacity magazines and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition, including at least 320 rounds of armor-piercing bullets, NBC reported. Reuters said Meredith texted "War time" after hearing Vice President Mike Pence would count electoral votes from states Trump lost.

In the trunk of Lonnie Coffman’s vehicle, police found an AR-15-style rifle, a shotgun, a crossbow, several machetes, smoke grenades and 11 Molotov tails, Reuters reported. Another man, Christopher Alberts of Maryland, was stopped as he left the Capitol grounds after a police officer spotted a loaded handgun on his hip.

Many more people armed themselves by more unorthodox means, causing damage and injury.

Robert Sanford, 55, of Pennsylvania, was allegedly caught on video throwing a fire extinguisher at a group of police officers. David Blair, 26, was seen hitting officers with a lacrosse stick, NBC said. Others had pepper spray, brass knuckles, a pipe and pocket knives, and one man was carrying a "stinger whip," a tool with blunt and whip-like edges marketed for self-defense and escaping a locked vehicle.

One rioter was caught on video beating a police officer with a flagpole bearing an American flag, NBC Washington reported. The New York Times reviewed video that showed people using stolen police shields, sticks and crutches as weapons.

And the man photographed with his feet on the desk of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was carrying a 950,000-volt stun gun walking stick, House impeachment manager Stacey Plaskett revealed Feb. 10.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-insurrection/

Are you seriously telling us you were completely ignorant of all this, Darrin?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five deaths (including one officer killed), 140 officers injured, 56 more hospitalized,violent entry, vandalism, theft of government property, Joint Session of Congress evacuated, do ent tampering, obstruction of law enforcement, obstruction of Congress, brass knuckles, pipebombs laid, arms caches, bear spray, stinger whips, a crossbow, stun guns, a dozen more guns, thousands of rounds of ammo (including 320 rounds of armor piercing ammo) molotov tails, machetes, camoflage smoke etc..

As one does at an ordinary "selfie protest."

https://www.usatoday.com/storytellin...t-mob-arrests/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So 2 people facing fire arm charges in this?

We are talking about a mob of people who all own a minimum of like 50 guns. They put them in glass cases, name them and obsess over them - and 2 people out of that mob brought weapons inside? That actually fits the narrative that this was a peaceful demonstration gone awry.

Fourteen people tied to the Jan. 6 attack are facing federal charges related to bringing or using dangerous weapons inside the building and two are facing firearms-related charges, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.

NBC News reported that within a week after the attack a dozen guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition had been found on seven people arrested before and after the Capitol riot.

Cleveland Grover Meredith, drove to Washington from Colorado with an assault-style Tavor X95 rifle with a telescopic sight, a Glock 9 mm with high-capacity magazines and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition, including at least 320 rounds of armor-piercing bullets, NBC reported. Reuters said Meredith texted "War time" after hearing Vice President Mike Pence would count electoral votes from states Trump lost.

In the trunk of Lonnie Coffman’s vehicle, police found an AR-15-style rifle, a shotgun, a crossbow, several machetes, smoke grenades and 11 Molotov tails, Reuters reported. Another man, Christopher Alberts of Maryland, was stopped as he left the Capitol grounds after a police officer spotted a loaded handgun on his hip.

Many more people armed themselves by more unorthodox means, causing damage and injury.

Robert Sanford, 55, of Pennsylvania, was allegedly caught on video throwing a fire extinguisher at a group of police officers. David Blair, 26, was seen hitting officers with a lacrosse stick, NBC said. Others had pepper spray, brass knuckles, a pipe and pocket knives, and one man was carrying a "stinger whip," a tool with blunt and whip-like edges marketed for self-defense and escaping a locked vehicle.

One rioter was caught on video beating a police officer with a flagpole bearing an American flag, NBC Washington reported. The New York Times reviewed video that showed people using stolen police shields, sticks and crutches as weapons.

And the man photographed with his feet on the desk of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was carrying a 950,000-volt stun gun walking stick, House impeachment manager Stacey Plaskett revealed Feb. 10.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-insurrection/

Are you seriously telling us you were completely ignorant of all this, Darrin?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 2 people facing fire arm charges in this?

We are talking about a mob of people who all own a minimum of like 50 guns. They put them in glass cases, name them and obsess over them - and 2 people out of that mob brought weapons inside? That actually fits the narrative that this was a peaceful demonstration gone awry.
    Five people are dead.

Why are you laughing?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2 guns brought in out of a possible 300 million or whatever these people have?

I don't even say I believe the narrative that it was a peaceful demonstration gone awry. But you are helping to make that case.

Five people are dead.

Why are you laughing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't even say I believe the narrative that it was a peaceful demonstration gone awry. But you are helping to make that case.
    How am I helping to make that case?

"The cops weren't searching people," Mark Jones, a former agent of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives with 20 years of counterterrorism experience told NBC News in a Jan. 13, 2021, story. "I'd speculate that there were many, many more firearms that were there that were not uncovered."

Why do you feel the need to downplay the event of that day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What was seized/charged was almost certainly the tip of the iceberg. Capitol Police wasn't at leisure to detain and search people that day (it was too busy fighting them and trying to protect the US Congress), and the National Guard was forbidden from doing so by the Acting Secretary of Defense.

Thread Information