Page 78 of 162 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 4045
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did Lauren Boebert lead a late-night Capitol tour three weeks before Jan. 6?

On the night of Dec. 12, 2020, the day of the first Stop the Steal rally in Washington and three weeks ahead of the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, several guests of

then-Rep.-elect
    Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., received an exclusive after-hours tour of the Capitol building from the far-right firebrand.

There are several unanswered questions about this visit,

which appears to have violated normal Capitol protocol in various ways.

It's not clear who authorized it, since Boebert was not yet a member of Congress and had no official standing in D.C.

It's perhaps even stranger that it occurred on a Saturday night, when the Capitol complex is closed.

But her ambiguous comments appeared to avoid any specific discussion of this unexplained December tour.

the Dec. 12 tour led by Boebert involved various parts of the Capitol complex,

including the staircase in the Senate's empty
    Brumidi Corridors,

Senate room
    S-127 and

the Senate
    briefing room,

as well as the then-vacant Capitol Rotunda.

everything about their presence on the observation deck alongside a Capitol Police officer remains unexplained.

the rules for observation deck tours stipulate that a member of Congress and an official guide must accompany each group that climbs the Capitol Dome.

There's no indication that either a member or a guide was present on this occasion.

spots for such tours are not readily available, with only eight reservations available on any given day.

She certainly was not a sworn member of Congress and had no office, no staff and no official status in the Capitol complex.

It's even more puzzling that this tour took place on Saturday night.

guidelines for member-led Capitol tours state they are only available on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,

and also that all visitors must sign liability waivers and

all tours must be led by official Capitol guides, not Capitol Police officers.

"Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, I haven't given any Capitol tours except to show my children around where I'll be working while I'm away from home." LIE

It is unclear ... exactly how they managed to tour the Capitol Dome that evening without a member of Congress and an official guide.

https://www.rawstory.com/lauren-boebert-capitol-tour-2654434092/?cx_testId=6&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos =0#cxrecs_s

Another target for the Dem's 1/6 investigation

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why did Lauren Boebert lead a late-night Capitol tour three weeks before Jan. 6?

On the night of Dec. 12, 2020, the day of the first Stop the Steal rally in Washington and three weeks ahead of the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, several guests of

then-Rep.-elect
    Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., received an exclusive after-hours tour of the Capitol building from the far-right firebrand.

There are several unanswered questions about this visit,

which appears to have violated normal Capitol protocol in various ways.

It's not clear who authorized it, since Boebert was not yet a member of Congress and had no official standing in D.C.

It's perhaps even stranger that it occurred on a Saturday night, when the Capitol complex is closed.

But her ambiguous comments appeared to avoid any specific discussion of this unexplained December tour.

the Dec. 12 tour led by Boebert involved various parts of the Capitol complex,

including the staircase in the Senate's empty
    Brumidi Corridors,

Senate room
    S-127 and

the Senate
    briefing room,

as well as the then-vacant Capitol Rotunda.

everything about their presence on the observation deck alongside a Capitol Police officer remains unexplained.

the rules for observation deck tours stipulate that a member of Congress and an official guide must accompany each group that climbs the Capitol Dome.

There's no indication that either a member or a guide was present on this occasion.

spots for such tours are not readily available, with only eight reservations available on any given day.

She certainly was not a sworn member of Congress and had no office, no staff and no official status in the Capitol complex.

It's even more puzzling that this tour took place on Saturday night.

guidelines for member-led Capitol tours state they are only available on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,

and also that all visitors must sign liability waivers and

all tours must be led by official Capitol guides, not Capitol Police officers.

"Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, I haven't given any Capitol tours except to show my children around where I'll be working while I'm away from home." LIE

It is unclear ... exactly how they managed to tour the Capitol Dome that evening without a member of Congress and an official guide.

https://www.rawstory.com/lauren-boebert-capitol-tour-2654434092/?cx_testId=6&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos =0#cxrecs_s

Another target for the Dem's 1/6 investigation
    Boiled down...

- "Go down there and peacefully protest."

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did Rep-elect Boebert give Capitol rioters a nighttime tour of the US Capitol on the night of Dec. 12th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauren Boebert says her late-night Capitol mystery tour was "totally legit." Except it wasn't

Boebert says her family visit on Dec. 12, which broke several Capitol rules, was "totally permitted." But by whom?

Her Capitol tour on Dec. 12 was clearly a family visit, but exactly how and why it occurred —

after hours and apparently with no member of Congress or official guide present, as Capitol rules clearly stipulate —

remains unexplained.

Um, that's my son and my mom. I was walking through the Capitol, which is totally legit for a member-elect."

In fact, there does not appear to be any provision in Capitol rules for tours led by members-elect.

Furthermore, tours led by actual members are only supposed to occur on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., not on weekends or at night.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/05/lau...cept-it-wasnt/

Boebert is LYING

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauren Boebert says her late-night Capitol mystery tour was "totally legit." Except it wasn't

Boebert says her family visit on Dec. 12, which broke several Capitol rules, was "totally permitted." But by whom?

Her Capitol tour on Dec. 12 was clearly a family visit, but exactly how and why it occurred —

after hours and apparently with no member of Congress or official guide present, as Capitol rules clearly stipulate —

remains unexplained.

Um, that's my son and my mom. I was walking through the Capitol, which is totally legit for a member-elect."

In fact, there does not appear to be any provision in Capitol rules for tours led by members-elect.

Furthermore, tours led by actual members are only supposed to occur on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., not on weekends or at night.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/05/lau...cept-it-wasnt/

Boebert is LYING

Be interesting to have these asshats try to explain that when the people they gave tours to suddenly ended up charged in connection with the riots.

Makes the a "antifa/blm false flag" narrative even more ing stupid than it already was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We?"

It wasn't an Antifa/FBI joint the first time?

Pick a lane, y'all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (coming September 18th)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rosen flips

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Merrick Garland has NOT already ok’d a serious comprehensive all hands on deck investigation of trumps treason and sedition

then Democracy is most certainly finished in this hole country.

Im guessing there is one or more already in progress

but Garland hasn’t exactly given me any confidence in his leadership so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Merrick Garland has NOT already ok’d a serious comprehensive all hands on deck investigation of trumps treason and sedition

then Democracy is most certainly finished in this hole country.

Im guessing there is one or more already in progress

but Garland hasn’t exactly given me any confidence in his leadership so far.
    Garland won't do to Trump. Jeffrey Rosen could be in trouble, though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garland won't do to Trump. Jeffrey Rosen could be in trouble, though.
    So, what message would it send if Garland is hands off with Trump?

That following correct political precedent with former presidents is more important than protecting democracy?

That not ruffling feathers is given more priority than a Dept of Justice overlooking - justice?

that attacking your elections and your own government are ok - since they failed this time?

Cannot see how Garland gets away with protecting trumps treason but i also would not be surprised if this is his chosen path.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rosen flips

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new RussiaGate 2.0 and all you plebs are conspiracy re s with yalls hyperbole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd
    "We're building a big, beautiful wall and Mexico is paying for it."

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/1933e...sm=12&fit=max&

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "We're building a big, beautiful wall and Mexico is paying for it."

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/1933e...sm=12&fit=max&
    Of course you all weren't gonna let him build that, not for all the tea in China. No way. He got nothing, but that Presidency, and that will have to be enough.

Your side threatened to blow him up on move in day.
    Your side threatened to shoot him down on move out day.

You was sendin' word ahead that no one, outside the loop need make President of the Untied States ever again. That if they did they'd regret it every day after that.

Ya s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no surprise, but coming from a Trump insider under oath it carries more weight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitol rioter awaiting trial seen leaving Portland clash with anti-fascists --

and may have broken conditions of release

Jeffrey Grace, who faces felony charges

related to his involvement in the Jan. 6 breach at the US Capitol, appears to have taken part in a confrontation with left-wing counter-protesters in Portland, Ore. over the past weekend while awaiting trial.

https://www.rawstory.com/jeffrey-grace

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Cowboys for Trump' founder offered plea deal for invading the Capitol

"The county commissioner from New Mexico

still denies federal charges that he knowingly entering barricaded areas of the Capitol grounds with the intent of disrupting government as Congress considered the 2020 Electoral College results," said the report.

"Griffin reached an outside terrace of the Capitol without entering the building and used a bullhorn to try

to lead a tumultuous crowd in prayer.

He was arrested after his return to Washington to oppose President Joe Biden's inauguration."

Griffin has reportedly been one of the more difficult Capitol riot suspects in jail, having to be

put in isolation after he refused to take a COVID-19 test.

A federal judge appointed by former President Donald Trump rejected an argument from Griffin that his prosecution was retaliation for his political beliefs, allowing the trial to move forward.

"Griffin faces a pe ion drive to to recall him from office with a special election and

a probe by state prosecutors of allegations that

Griffin used his public office in coordination with Cowboys for Trump for personal financial gain."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rio...om&utm_source=

The Best People

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud Boys chapter fractures as national leader faces backlash for being FBI ‘snitch’

https://www.rawstory.com/vice-city-proud-boys-miami/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heavily armed Trump supporter pleads guilty after threatening 6 lawmakers —

then leaving name and number

https://www.rawstory.com/[email protected]

The Best People

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud Boys chapter fractures as national leader faces backlash for being FBI ‘snitch’

https://www.rawstory.com/vice-city-proud-boys-miami/
    (taken into protective custody early on Jan 6th)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heavily armed Trump supporter pleads guilty after threatening 6 lawmakers —

then leaving name and number

https://www.rawstory.com/[email protected]

The Best People
    Anticipated sentence length?
    Given in December.
    Is this hole out on bail?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge asks why Capitol rioters are paying just $1.5 million for attack, while U.S. taxpayers will pay more than $500 million

Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl A. Howell of Washington challenged the toughness of the Justice Department’s stance in a plea hearing for a Colorado Springs man who admitted to one of four nonviolent misdemeanor counts of picketing in the U.S. Capitol.

On Monday, she pressed the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington on why it was seeking to require only $2,000 in each felony case and $500 in each misdemeanor case.

“I’m accustomed to the government being fairly aggressive in terms of fraud when there have been damages that accrue from a criminal act for the res ution amount,”

“Where we have Congress acting, appropriating all this money due directly to the events of January 6th,

I have found the damage amount of less than $1.5 million —

when all of us American taxpayers are about to foot the bill for close to half a billion dollars — a little bit surprising,”

The judge alluded to a

$2.1 billion security bill passed overwhelmingly July 29 by Congress to cover the costs of the Jan. 6 attack,

including reimbursements totaling $521 million for the
    National Guard and

$70 million to the Capitol Police,

plus $300 million for Capitol security improvements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...970_story.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Judge asks why Capitol rioters are paying just $1.5 million for attack, while U.S. taxpayers will pay more than $500 million

Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl A. Howell of Washington challenged the toughness of the Justice Department’s stance in a plea hearing for a Colorado Springs man who admitted to one of four nonviolent misdemeanor counts of picketing in the U.S. Capitol.

On Monday, she pressed the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington on why it was seeking to require only $2,000 in each felony case and $500 in each misdemeanor case.

“I’m accustomed to the government being fairly aggressive in terms of fraud when there have been damages that accrue from a criminal act for the res ution amount,”

“Where we have Congress acting, appropriating all this money due directly to the events of January 6th,

I have found the damage amount of less than $1.5 million —

when all of us American taxpayers are about to foot the bill for close to half a billion dollars — a little bit surprising,”

The judge alluded to a

$2.1 billion security bill passed overwhelmingly July 29 by Congress to cover the costs of the Jan. 6 attack,

including reimbursements totaling $521 million for the
    National Guard and

$70 million to the Capitol Police,

plus $300 million for Capitol security improvements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...970_story.html
    BLM & Antifa weren't made to pay for last Summer's riots, arson, murders & looting. What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Thread Information