Page 139 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4045
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA rioter's lawyers say their client 'stood no chance at grasping reality' in plea for leniency

MAGA rioter Philip Weisbecker are pleading for leniency for their client on the grounds that he "stood no chance at truly grasping reality" when he stormed the United States Capitol building on January 6th, 2021.

Weisbecker's attorneys placed blame on Trump campaign officials

Weisbecker "stood no chance at truly grasping the gravity or reality of the situation" and urged the court to take into account "the enormous influence the President, the media, and the lack of accurate and truthful information played in the months leading up to January 6, 2021."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rioter-sentence-2657538673

asshole had plenty of sources of info

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud Boys leader is 'broke and jobless' — and needs to tell 'his side of' January 6

defense counsel representing Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio are trying to garner sympathy for him in a new court filing.

Tarrio, the filing says, is "locked up, broke, [and] jobless"

https://www.rawstory.com/enrique-tarrio-proud-boys-2657538264

any sympathy for the dead and injured USCP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump made it clear months in advance that he wouldn't accept a loss at the polls. This just confirms it. The whole bit was worked up in advance.
    On the evening of October 31, 2020, Steve Bannon told a group of associates that President Donald Trump had a plan to declare victory on election night—even if he was losing. Trump knew that the slow counting of Democratic-leaning mail-in ballots meant the returns would show early leads for him in key states. His “strategy” was to use this fact to assert that he had won, while claiming that the inevitable shifts in vote totals toward Joe Biden must be the result of fraud, Bannon explained.

“What Trump’s gonna do, is just declare victory. Right? He’s gonna declare victory. But that doesn’t mean he’s a winner,” Bannon, laughing, told the group, according to audio of the meeting obtained by Mother Jones. “He’s just gonna say he’s a winner.”
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...clare-victory/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump made it clear months in advance that he wouldn't accept a loss at the polls. This just confirms it. The whole bit was worked up in advance.
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...clare-victory/
    Yet another he said that he said that he said.

Unless you got the old man red handed with those [fake electors] you've got a hat full of rain, Winester.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 years in the stir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love to see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA rioter's lawyers say their client 'stood no chance at grasping reality' in plea for leniency

MAGA rioter Philip Weisbecker are pleading for leniency for their client on the grounds that he "stood no chance at truly grasping reality" when he stormed the United States Capitol building on January 6th, 2021
    ST Maga roll call who else we got?

TSA
    Karrin
    DMC - Chunko

(Do not include CC in this group, he has consistently called Trump for what he is -for years.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love to see it

barred for life

this is where more of these cases are headed - when the defendant traitor is - either holding public office or is running for public office

yes

including trump - the LEAST that will eventually happen is barring these traitors from holding public office for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans in NC and elsewhere are trying to codify the independent state legislature doctrine, with the aim of decoupling elections from federal election law, voting rights laws and state cons utions. This is essentially what Trump was trying to do with his fake elector scheme.

The only obvious reasons to do this are sore loser legislatures who want to overturn lost elections or to prevent judges from interfering with partisan gerrymanders and discriminatory election laws.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justice Dept. Issues 40 Subpoenas in a Week, Expanding Its Jan. 6 Inquiry

Over the past week, it also seized the phones of two top Trump advisers,

a sign of an escalating investigation two months before the midterm elections.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/12/u...jan-6-doj.html

Benny T show is restarting soon. check your TV listings

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justice Dept. Issues 40 Subpoenas in a Week, Expanding Its Jan. 6 Inquiry

Over the past week, it also seized the phones of two top Trump advisers,

a sign of an escalating investigation two months before the midterm elections.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/12/u...jan-6-doj.html

Benny T show is restarting soon. check your TV listings

[insert wrestler making stupid face gif]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tentative distancing from Trump

Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) said he wouldn’t support granting pardons to people convicted of crimes because of their actions on Jan. 6.

“If he were elected, he would have a cons utional ability to do it,” he said of Trump’s promise of pardons. “I would disagree with it. I think there was insurrection and I think these folks need to be punished.

“I was there. This was truly violent. People were injured, people were killed. I have very little mercy for the individuals that were involved in that activity that day,” Rounds added.

Senate Republican Whip John Thune (S.D.) said people who committed crimes on Jan. 6 must face the consequences of their actions.

“The only people that get pardoned are people who are charged with crimes. If they were charged with crimes, they ought to be prosecuted like everybody else,” he said. “The rule of law applies. If people broke laws, they need to be held accountable.”

Sen.Mitt Romney(R-Utah), who voted last year to impeach Trump on the charge of inciting an insurrection on Jan. 6, said pardoning people who invaded the Capitol to stop Biden’s election would be wrong.

“The Jan. 6 riot was an attack on the temple of democracy, and the people who violated the law, attacked our law enforcement and besmirched our nation’s Capitol should be prosecuted according to the law, and certainly should not be pardoned,” he said. “It’s a grossly inappropriate comment to make.”
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ardon-promise/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remarkable opening statement for the defense.

In his own opening statement, Phillip Linder, Mr. Rhodes’s lawyer, said that Mr. Rhodes and his subordinates had never planned an illegal attack against the government on Jan. 6. Instead, Mr. Linder said, the Oath Keepers were waiting for Mr. Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act — a move, they claim, would have given the group standing as a militia to employ force of arms in support of Mr. Trump.

Calling the Oath Keepers a “peacekeeping force,” Mr. Linder also argued that the group did not go to Washington on Jan. 6 to storm the Capitol but instead to provide security for speakers and dignitaries at political rallies that week.

“Even though it may look inflammatory,” Mr. Linder told the jury, “they did nothing illegal.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/03/u...ers-trial.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two days after Election Day in 2020, Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers militia, sent an urgent, encrypted message to high-ranking members of his group, telling them to resist allowing Joseph R. Biden Jr. to enter the White House.

“We aren’t getting through this without a civil war,” he wrote.

Setting out their opening argument in the trial of Mr. Rhodes and four other members of the Oath Keepers on charges of seditious conspiracy, federal prosecutors said on Monday that the message was an early step in a broad effort to stop the transfer of presidential power and to use the might of the far-right militia to keep President Donald J. Trump in office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans in NC and elsewhere are trying to codify the independent state legislature doctrine, with the aim of decoupling elections from federal election law, voting rights laws and state cons utions. This is essentially what Trump was trying to do with his fake elector scheme.

The only obvious reasons to do this are sore loser legislatures who want to overturn lost elections or to prevent judges from interfering with partisan gerrymanders and discriminatory election laws.

the hypothesis that conservatism consists of affirming not only that the reconstruction amendments and post Brown v. Topeka Board of Education civil rights laws and rulings are NOT part of the US Cons ution, but that they are in fact are a GREATER injustice than Jim Crow, slavery and patriarchal domination of women -- despite the much briefer duration of normative legal equality for women, African-Americans and gays -- has legs.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-08-2022 at 02:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna roll on his buddies

He the guy with the Right Wing Death Squad patch, puffing on his vape.

Jeremy Bertino, a top lieutenant to Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy in federal court on Thursday, and is cooperating with the Justice Department’s investigation into the far-right extremist group.

Bertino, 43, also pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a firearm by a prohibited person. He is the first member of the Proud Boys to plead guilty to seditious conspiracy – a major boost to the historic prosecution of the organization.

He could spend more than five years in prison, according to his plea agreement, which was read aloud in court, though prosecutors could ask a judge for a lesser sentence depending on his level of cooperation with the investigation.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/polit...lea/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More bad news for Trump and John Eastman, more emails between the two will be released to the J6 committee under the ctime-fraud exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for the "it isn't a lie if you really believe it" defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    admirable candor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all these clowns finding out what happens when you F around is hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to the call to Brad Raffensperger begging him to find 11,000 more votes, DA Willis appears to be probing efforts to seat alternate presidential electors.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-inves...213735195.html
    if this is correct, Lindsay Graham willl likely have to answer questions about asking Brad to can votes, or take the 5th.

Thread Information