San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ballgame!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DC National Guard commander says

the Pentagon took away authority to send in a quick reaction force to respond to Capitol riots

• The commander of the DC National Guard told The Washington Post that the Pentagon (Trash's conspiring lackeys installed to enable the Trash's coup attempt) restricted his ability to send in a quick reaction force to respond to the Capitol riots.
    • Instead, he had to get approval from higher-up the chain of command.
    • "I absolutely wish I could have got there sooner," Maj. Gen. William Walker told The Post.

https://news.yahoo.com/dc-national-guard-commander-says-180705605.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Blaring siren': Arizona Republicans spooked after party registration drops in wake of Capitol riots

Even though the
    Arizona Republican Party is doubling down on its support for former President Donald Trump,

some within the party are worried that more moderate voters in the state are fleeing them in the wake of the Capitol riots.

9,944 registered Republicans, that's almost 10,000 of them, have officially switched their party registration since the U.S. capitol riots."

others within the party fear they're heading in the wrong direction given how their state has been trending blue.

https://www.rawstory.com/arizona-gop-2650151767
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-27-2021 at 11:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Blaring siren': Arizona Republicans spooked after party registration drops in wake of Capitol riots

Even though the
    Arizona Republican Party is doubling down on its support for former President Donald Trump,

some within the party are worried that more moderate voters in the state are fleeing them in the wake of the Capitol riots.

9,944 registered Republicans, that's almost 10,000 of them, have officially switched their party registration since the U.S. capitol riots."

others within the party fear they're heading in the wrong direction given how their state has been trending blue.

https://www.rawstory.com/arizona-gop-2650151767
    They will ignore it. Republicans are many things, but introspective is not one of them.

That requires honesty, which is an hetical to modern conservatism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finger in the air test portends re-Trumpification

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year offers another referendum on the Trumpification of Pennsylania Republicans: There will be rare open seats for both governor and senator. Democrats and Never-Trump Republicans promise to ensure that swing voters remember the efforts to overturn the state’s presidential election results based on allegations that were without evidence. Republicans say the party’s pro-Trump base will be energized by lawmakers who railed against election fraud and objected to Biden electors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is almost to the point where any Republican that gets through the primary gauntlet is going to be so rabidly paranoid/extremist that they simply lose any close race by default.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indictment Alleges Oath Keepers Prepped For Weeks For Capitol Attack

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/i...capitol-attack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indictment Alleges Oath Keepers Prepped For Weeks For Capitol Attack

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/i...capitol-attack
    Even cranks like derp knew *something* was up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ballgame!
    Went with the cheap, plain pine box . Understated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to age rather terribly when indictments start flying.

All dems have to do to win Pat’s seat is be as normal as you can. You literally couldn’t this up...

Oh yeah it’s the democrats. They can and will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Something's coming':

Trump supporter warns of the next attack

One of President Donald Trump's supporters met with VICE News reporter Michael Moynihan to reveal that the Jan. 6 attack isn't over.

"Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition,

as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence,"

the Trump supporter explained that he sees himself as a "patriot."

Ultimately, Moynihan got him to explain that things are going to get worse.

He worries about a civil war

but he's not sure how it would be fought in the country.

But, he said, "something's close."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporter-says-somethings-coming/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=6451

Next time, standing orders "shoot to kill" as if the whites were Blacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy we had domestic terrorists attempt a coup against our government and one side's reaction is basically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The censure is more of a slap on the wrist and will have little consequence for Chase. She’d already been stripped of most her committee memberships, but the measure creates an official record of the demerit in the state’s 401-year-old legislative body.
    https://www.courthousenews.com/virgi...ol-riot/?amp=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy we had domestic terrorists attempt a coup against our government and one side's reaction is basically

Pretty soon they'll start defending it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a 30,000-foot level, all this is easy to diagnose.

America was not founded as a pluralistic universal democratic republic. It was founded as an Anglo-Saxon republic. Part of the mythology was the purported superiority of Anglo-Saxon civilization. It’s why something like Manifest Destiny was considered a good thing and not just naked aggression.

In the South, African slavery was part of this mythology. Since there were a lot of black slaves, a formal racial caste system was more important.

“White” just means “Anglo-Saxon and friends.” As recently as the 1930’s, American immigration policy explicitly ranked Europeans by caste: Germanic, Celtic, Mediterranean, Slav. Non-European immigration was more or less banned until 1965. America stayed white on purpose.

In the 1960’s, America dismantled some of the formal caste system because it was turning most of the Third World to the Soviet side. LBJ and Sam Rayburn didn’t have some moral epiphany, rather they just read their classified security briefings.

But the passage of a few laws in the 1960’s wasn’t going to undo centuries of propaganda that created a culture in which a massive chunk of the country was convinced that their safety, well-being, and entire way of life was predicated on keeping white people in charge.

They didn’t stop believing it, rather they just took their beliefs underground and learned to speak in code.

It’s wonderful to want America to be a pluralistic democracy with equal rights. But that’s not what it has been, and there are a lot of people willing to fight and die and kill to stop it from becoming one, because they think such a thing would descend into a hole. If they have to choose between democracy and white supremacy, then they will... scratch that, they already HAVE CHOSEN the latter.

You want to “deprogram” people? Good luck. You have 400 years of culture to untangle.

Black people haven’t been carrying on about the fatal flaws of the Founding Fathers in order to discredit democracy, but rather to preserve it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a 30,000-foot level, all this is easy to diagnose.

America was not founded as a pluralistic universal democratic republic. It was founded as an Anglo-Saxon republic. Part of the mythology was the purported superiority of Anglo-Saxon civilization. It’s why something like Manifest Destiny was considered a good thing and not just naked aggression.

In the South, African slavery was part of this mythology. Since there were a lot of black slaves, a formal racial caste system was more important.

“White” just means “Anglo-Saxon and friends.” As recently as the 1930’s, American immigration policy explicitly ranked Europeans by caste: Germanic, Celtic, Mediterranean, Slav. Non-European immigration was more or less banned until 1965. America stayed white on purpose.

In the 1960’s, America dismantled some of the formal caste system because it was turning most of the Third World to the Soviet side. LBJ and Sam Rayburn didn’t have some moral epiphany, rather they just read their classified security briefings.

But the passage of a few laws in the 1960’s wasn’t going to undo centuries of propaganda that created a culture in which a massive chunk of the country was convinced that their safety, well-being, and entire way of life was predicated on keeping white people in charge.

They didn’t stop believing it, rather they just took their beliefs underground and learned to speak in code.

It’s wonderful to want America to be a pluralistic democracy with equal rights. But that’s not what it has been, and there are a lot of people willing to fight and die and kill to stop it from becoming one, because they think such a thing would descend into a hole. If they have to choose between democracy and white supremacy, then they will... scratch that, they already HAVE CHOSEN the latter.

You want to “deprogram” people? Good luck. You have 400 years of culture to untangle.

Black people haven’t been carrying on about the fatal flaws of the Founding Fathers in order to discredit democracy, but rather to preserve it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GOP leader summoned to Mar-a-Lago as Trump fractures party

McCarthy visits Trump even as efforts move forward

to oust the No. 3 House Republican, Rep. Liz Cheney, over her support for impeachment;

McCarthy is in Florida,

yet Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Trump loyalist, will be in Cheney’s Wyoming on Thursday.

https://odaction.com/gop-leader-summ...ractures-party

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is almost to the point where any Republican that gets through the primary gauntlet is going to be so rabidly paranoid/extremist that they simply lose any close race by default.
    I think you have the wrong paradigm. The Republican base doesn’t actually care about winning or losing elections. It cares about power. If elections are no longer a means to power, then they’ll simply work to get rid of elections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will ignore it. Republicans are many things, but introspective is not one of them.

That requires honesty, which is an hetical to modern conservatism.
    This isn’t conservatism anymore. The American liberal conservative tradition has certain values. Even the old European conservative tradition has values. The American right shares none of those any more. No, this is full-throated fascism. Not the empty pejorative, but actual fascism. And not the Italian kind either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So worked up over the Capitol but not the small businesses looted and burned down during the summer or the mul ude of cops/civilians killed at the hands of sjw's.

The faux concern is real!
    So either this person actually is stupid enough to think that invading the Capitol in order to execute Congress and the Vice President is the same thing as burning down a Wendy’s, or that was just a lengthy, elaborate way to say “n*****.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve always thought Trump himself was irrelevant. There is no cult of personality. What’s happening now is that the bear, having tasted the human flesh of fascism, can never again be satisfied with conservatism.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Still thinking about this

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still thinking about this
    you lost and failed

Thread Information