Page 31 of 162 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lawyer have better be in cuffs by morning.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta watch this guy's unboxing video....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Federalist Society has no comment about any of this afaik.

Steven Calabresi's gasket blew last summer: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper...h=30ba2d322a01

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There was no try, he did sabotage the post office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arrested 'Oath Keeper' was 'preparing for literal war'

Federal prosecutors on Friday made shocking allegations against

Donovan Ray Crowl, a former U.S. Marine and member of the right-wing paramilitary group the "Oath Keepers"

"Crowl, 50, is one of three members of the right-wing group who've been charged with conspiring to disrupt the congressional session to certify President-elect Joe Biden's electoral victory.

Thomas Edward Caldwell, 65, an apparent leader of the Oath Keepers, and

Jessica Watkins, a 38-year-old Army veteran,

have also been charged with conspiracy. All three have since been ordered held without bail,"

"The plan was never for peaceful protest," the prosecutor said. "The Oath Keepers arrived in D.C. prepared for violence."

"[Crowl's] been preparing for literal war because that's what his organization told him to do,"

https://www.alternet.org/2021/01/oath-keeper/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ considering letting some of the Capitol invaders walk without charges

the Justice Department is considering charging only the Capitol rioters who were engaged in specific acts of violence, vandalism, or threats — a decision which would potentially let walk hundreds of people who illegally entered the Capitol but are not accused of any additional crimes while inside.

"Federal officials estimate that roughly 800 people surged into the building," said the report.

"Among those roughly 800 people, FBI agents and prosecutors have so far seen a broad mix of behavior

— from people dressed for military battle, moving in formation, to wanton vandalism, to simply going with the crowd into the building.

Due to the wide variety of behavior, some federal officials have argued internally that those people who are known only to have committed unlawful entry —

and were not engaged in violent, threatening or destructive behavior —

should not be charged, according to people familiar with the discussions."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-coup-2650083237/

DoJ wimping out.

800 penetrated the Capitol bldg, 800 guilty, at very least, of criminal trespass on restricted Federal property.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ considering letting some of the Capitol invaders walk without charges

the Justice Department is considering charging only the Capitol rioters who were engaged in specific acts of violence, vandalism, or threats — a decision which would potentially let walk hundreds of people who illegally entered the Capitol but are not accused of any additional crimes while inside.

"Federal officials estimate that roughly 800 people surged into the building," said the report.

"Among those roughly 800 people, FBI agents and prosecutors have so far seen a broad mix of behavior

— from people dressed for military battle, moving in formation, to wanton vandalism, to simply going with the crowd into the building.

Due to the wide variety of behavior, some federal officials have argued internally that those people who are known only to have committed unlawful entry —

and were not engaged in violent, threatening or destructive behavior —

should not be charged, according to people familiar with the discussions."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-coup-2650083237/

DoJ wimping out.

800 penetrated the Capitol bldg, 800 guilty, at very least, of criminal trespass on restricted Federal property.
    There's always a element of discretion in
    prosecution. It's not reasonable to expect every crime to be indicted and I expect few would want to live in a society that tried to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always a element of discretion in
    prosecution. It's not reasonable to expect every crime to be indicted and I expect few would want to live in a society that tried to.
    The Trash cult mob crimes weren't run of the mill, aren't excusable.

As will failing to convict Trash, no accountability encourages the miscreants to stay on message, on path, for next time.i

otoh, I don't expect Garland to a maddog, aggressive prosecutor.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-23-2021 at 09:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So worked up over the Capitol but not the small businesses looted and burned down during the summer or the mul ude of cops/civilians killed at the hands of sjw's.

The faux concern is real!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So worked up over the Capitol but not the small businesses looted and burned down during the summer or the mul ude of cops/civilians killed at the hands of sjw's.

The faux concern is real!
    Yes, I am more concerned about an attempted coup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trash cult mob crimes weren't run of the mill, aren't excusable.

As will failing to convict Trash, no accountability encourages the miscreants to stay of message, on path, for next time.

otoh, I don't expect Garland to a maddog, aggressive prosecutor.
    otoh, if BLM are still subject to arrest for failing to obey oders to disperse from last summer, I see no reason why the FBI shouldn't continue to charge Capitol putschists over the next year or two, as court and jail capacity may allow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this different than denying a murderer bail? Most of the insurrectionists were extremely violent. Letting them out can only lead to them fleeing or committing more violence.
    Judges are making these decisions, do you think they're being lax?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this different than denying a murderer bail? Most of the insurrectionists were extremely violent. Letting them out can only lead to them fleeing or committing more violence.
    In 2017 after Trump's inauguration, 200 people were charged with rioting. Many of them turned out to be press, medics and bystanders. Seems intuitive to me that maybe not everyone participated the same way on 1/6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    case by case basis. the ones who were more readily violent should be denied bail. those who were inside but dont have charges or allegations of violence or violent intent should get bail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    case by case basis. the ones who were more readily violent should be denied bail. those who were inside but dont have charges or allegations of violence or violent intent should get bail.
    which court(s) are they going through?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stands to reason that many who stood against Jeffrey Clark and threatened to resign en masse were also Federalist Society members.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judges are making these decisions, do you think they're being lax?
    Not at all.

I’m just speaking to what could happen once that person is out and about. These aren’t happy le merchant types that are content to just sit idly by.

I’m also well aware you can’t just prosecute the whole mob as a massive group of thousand so a good bit of them will skate by the law of averages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Dean: Insurrectionist senators are co-conspirators and should not sit in judgment of Trump

and

As Common Dreams
    reported Thursday, a group of seven Democrats filed an ethics complaint on Thursday requesting an investigation into the two senators' roles in inciting the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.rawstory.com/cruz-hawley-2650090964/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all.

I’m just speaking to what could happen once that person is out and about. These aren’t happy le merchant types that are content to just sit idly by.

I’m also well aware you can’t just prosecute the whole mob as a massive group of thousand so a good bit of them will skate by the law of averages.
    Enough of them will have the literal book thrown at them, to create a LOT of disillusioned people.

"Unity"

Translation: "please don't hold us accountable, we hate personal responsibility"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blue Lives Matter crew has damn quiet in this thread.

Thread Information