Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trae Young and Steph Curry were both in the same draft and same age, who would you pick based on what we have seen so far?
    Trae Young is showing us things early in his career that it took Steph many years to show. I'm thinking Trae Young might end up being better than Curry based on his current trajectory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nEiTheR cUz 3 pt cHuCkiNg , SoFt, jOrDan tBh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Curry is Gary Payton compared to Young. That kid is a certified traffic cone on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nEiTheR cUz 3 pt cHuCkiNg , SoFt, jOrDan tBh
    My god MJ drilled into your ing cranium and permanently lives in your brain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god MJ drilled into your ing cranium and permanently lives in your brain
    At least I have a brain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least I have a brain
    Yeah, thats telling me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, thats telling me
    Well yes

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    steph without question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's not really even comparable.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He said Trae Young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae with 7pts +7 turnovers, and team worst -15. I think it's safe to say Stef is by far better overall player.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have already seen Steph's ceiling and it's league-breaking. Trae might reach that, but most likely won't. I definitely take Steph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trae Young and Steph Curry were both in the same draft and same age, who would you pick based on what we have seen so far?
    Trae Young is showing us things early in his career that it took Steph many years to show. I'm thinking Trae Young might end up being better than Curry based on his current trajectory.
    Even if Young was better than Curry, we'd never be able to falsify that unless he also happened to get lucky enough to be teamed up with multiple other superstars on one of the best teams ever assembled. Not everyone gets that lucky.

Edit: We can confirm it if he achieves equal success with less support; but we can never falsify it if he doesn't. Because people can always say "yeah but if he was on the 2016 Warriors..."
    Last edited by Arcadian; 01-07-2021 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball is a team sport tbh

Yes there esceptional players but at the end of the end of the day, team success is team success

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trae only exists because of Steph, and he’s still not as good. But it’s closer than people think.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not saying trae young but people are selling him short.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trae with 7pts +7 turnovers, and team worst -15. I think it's safe to say Stef is by far better overall player.
    lol one bad game in January is the deciding factor?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Michael Adams over both of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Young was better than Curry, we'd never be able to falsify that unless he also happened to get lucky enough to be teamed up with multiple other superstars on one of the best teams ever assembled. Not everyone gets that lucky.

Edit: We can confirm it if he achieves equal success with less support; but we can never falsify it if he doesn't. Because people can always say "yeah but if he was on the 2016 Warriors..."
    How about before KD though? They were a team of draftees and vets that still won plenty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae isn’t in the same tier of shooter. Steph never shot under 40% from three, even when shooting it 8, 9, 10 times a game

Trae has never shot above 36% from 3. I’m sure he’ll continue to improve, but I think Dame efficiency and effectiveness should be his target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the one that has won 3 les and was a unanimous MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the one that has won 3 les and was a unanimous MVP.
    About sums it up.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    its funny how some people like to say "oh dame and trae can consistently hit from just as deep as steph, hes not any better than them if he didnt have such a good team" except for the fact that he consistently shoots far higher percentages on those exact same shots, and was doing so before KD came around, and before GS was even seriously contending. he was basically doing it from day 1, only far more efficiently than anyone has ever done it, and still continues to do so. once dame or trae starts shooting over 42% on threes for multiple seasons, then theres a conversation. but if they keep hovering 5-6% lower, then its not a conversation. steph has been and continues to be simply superior. plus hes a better defender (not great, but still underrated and not absolute trash like dame and trae), and runs an offense far more effectively. he can shoot more shots than those guys, but the ball still moves so much better, and hes a large part of it.

steph is in a league of his own when it comes to score-first point guards. and i honestly cant think of another score-first PG all time that > steph tbh. but maybe someone can think of some. Isiah is the only that readily comes to mind in the category, but no hes just not, and i am not sure if hes even really a score-first PG tbh, i just cant think of too many

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both >>>>>> Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both >>>>>> Parker
    well duh

Thread Information