My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sen. Tom Cotton on Thursday slammed his colleagues' efforts to pass sweeping criminal justice reforms, saying the United States is actually suffering from an "under-incarceration problem."

Cotton, who has been an outspoken critic of the bill in Congress that would reduce mandatory minimum sentences, smacked down what he called "baseless" arguments that there are too many offenders locked up for relatively small crimes, that incarceration is too costly, or that "we should show more empathy toward those caught up in the criminal-justice system."

"Take a look at the facts. First, the claim that too many criminals are being jailed, that there is over-incarceration, ignores an unfortunate fact: for the vast majority of crimes, a perpetrator is never identified or arrested, let alone prosecuted, convicted, and jailed," Cotton said during a speech at The Hudson Ins ute, according to his prepared remarks. "Law enforcement is able to arrest or identify a likely perpetrator for only 19 percent of property crimes and 47 percent of violent crimes. If anything, we have an under-incarceration problem."

Expanding upon his remarks during a question-and-answer session, Cotton said releasing felons under reduced sentences serves only to destabilize the communities in which they are released.

“I saw this in Baghdad. We’ve seen it again in Afghanistan," recalled Cotton, who served in the Army during both wars. "Security has to come first, whether you’re in a war zone or whether you’re in the United States of America.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz498l9JpG8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doubling down now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Confederate Arkansas Cotton talking about white collar criminals being under-incarcerated?

or about just not enough knitters and brownies in jail?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old got obliterated 8n ter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Cotton blows the fascist dogwhistle again.

He's telling his followers the time to imprison a lot of libs and perverts merely for being libs and perverts, is drawing closer.

Thread Information