Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10395764[/URL]]Pop desperately needs a haircut.
    Nah, just a better conditioner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also really confused why Marc Gasol only plays 13 minutes at a time...

We started the game with LMA on Davis, Keldon on LeBron, and DeMar on Marc. You would think we would get destroyed by the Gasol matchup, but no...
    Because he cannot score or rebound when Mills is guarding him. lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Pop give a again and he needs a guitar photoshopped a la Eddie Van Halen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind beating these motherfs even if we should be tanking. Of course there's always a chance going on a bubble-esque run even if its fools gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love it, thanks for the ‘shop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what he brought tonight. Let's not get carried away and start thinking he can sustain this past this season or next. We have to start thinking about his replacement very soon and Poetl is so far failing miserably.

Or if Aldridge is here to stay as a key cog role player at 5, then DeMar has to go and we have to bring in a 4 of the future while shifting everybody's position down (namely Keldon to SF).

My prediction has always been only one of LMA and DeMar will be re-signed (to a lower contract, hopefully)

I guess it's easier to bring back LMA given his age. He would be more willing to take a smaller size contract.

Praying for DeMar for Siakam trade...
    If the Spurs keep playing like they are (realistically unlikely, but I would've said it was unlikely to be playing this good before the season started, so...), I can absolutely see DeMar at the least being re-signed. Hopefully for a lower amount, but more years, which would make the contract more tradeable down the line... I still would rather not do it, but it makes too much sense, especially for a FO that values continuity and internal growth like the Spurs do.

Poeltl is absolutely not an answer long-term for starting 5. That much has been made clear. I do wonder whether we could just nab a FA 5 that would fill the hole, instead of having to go through the process of drafting and developing one out of nothing... No team in the league gets to championship contention by drafting and developing the entirety of their roster, and the Spurs have more than made up for the draftee part of it with their guards. A timely FA splash could be all that's separating us from serious threat status.... I'd love to see a list of available FA bigs for next year.

A Siakam trade is a big, big pipeline, my guy. He bounced back last game for Toronto, if I'm not mistaken, had 30 points despite a loss. The Raps are in an awkward position right now, but I can't see them shipping out their #1 player, unless it's a Kawhi-esque package being sent their way. It's the same as Draymond..... both REALLY good trades from the Spurs side, but don't make a lot of sense the other way around. At least for Green, you can say he's paid too much for the Warriors' payroll, but the Raptors aren't in that position with Siakam. Just my view on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs keep playing like they are (realistically unlikely, but I would've said it was unlikely to be playing this good before the season started, so...), I can absolutely see DeMar at the least being re-signed. Hopefully for a lower amount, but more years, which would make the contract more tradeable down the line... I still would rather not do it, but it makes too much sense, especially for a FO that values continuity and internal growth like the Spurs do.

Poeltl is absolutely not an answer long-term for starting 5. That much has been made clear. I do wonder whether we could just nab a FA 5 that would fill the hole, instead of having to go through the process of drafting and developing one out of nothing... No team in the league gets to championship contention by drafting and developing the entirety of their roster, and the Spurs have more than made up for the draftee part of it with their guards. A timely FA splash could be all that's separating us from serious threat status.... I'd love to see a list of available FA bigs for next year.

A Siakam trade is a big, big pipeline, my guy. He bounced back last game for Toronto, if I'm not mistaken, had 30 points despite a loss. The Raps are in an awkward position right now, but I can't see them shipping out their #1 player, unless it's a Kawhi-esque package being sent their way. It's the same as Draymond..... both REALLY good trades from the Spurs side, but don't make a lot of sense the other way around. At least for Green, you can say he's paid too much for the Warriors' payroll, but the Raptors aren't in that position with Siakam. Just my view on it.
    "John Collins, the fourth-year big man who just weeks before bet on himself in a big way during his failed extension talks with the Hawks, shared his unfiltered and unhappy views about the way franchise centerpiece Trae Young was running the offense. According to three sources who were either in the session or had knowledge of what was said, Collins raised several issues about the way these Hawks were functioning with Young at the helm.

Collins talked about the need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit all those early shot-clock attempts that leave his teammates on the outside looking in. He shared his desire to be more involved and expressed a desire for more ball involvement and flow on offense.

There was no back-and-forth between the two, but the pointed criticism caught the attention of the room. And Young, sources say, made it clear to others later that he strongly disagreed with Collins’ assessment.

“Trae is my brother regardless,” Collins, who chose not to elaborate further, told The Athletic via text message when he was asked about the situation."

https://theathletic.com/2307304/2021...shared-article

Not a huge fan of Collins, but if he is the LMA replacement at 5 where we have seen being a stretch 5 brings positive value to this team... then there's your free agent splash. I simply don't see JC being the answer defensively and would probably be demolished by quick forwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are we still trying to win games?
    Because we've proven we can beat the best and if we play like this for 4 out of 7 games we are a legitimate contender...again all without White so with him sky's the limit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found HQ version of each photo

Last edited by ace3g; 01-08-2021 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "John Collins, the fourth-year big man who just weeks before bet on himself in a big way during his failed extension talks with the Hawks, shared his unfiltered and unhappy views about the way franchise centerpiece Trae Young was running the offense. According to three sources who were either in the session or had knowledge of what was said, Collins raised several issues about the way these Hawks were functioning with Young at the helm.

Collins talked about the need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit all those early shot-clock attempts that leave his teammates on the outside looking in. He shared his desire to be more involved and expressed a desire for more ball involvement and flow on offense.

There was no back-and-forth between the two, but the pointed criticism caught the attention of the room. And Young, sources say, made it clear to others later that he strongly disagreed with Collins’ assessment.

“Trae is my brother regardless,” Collins, who chose not to elaborate further, told The Athletic via text message when he was asked about the situation."

https://theathletic.com/2307304/2021...shared-article

Not a huge fan of Collins, but if he is the LMA replacement at 5 where we have seen being a stretch 5 brings positive value to this team... then there's your free agent splash. I simply don't see JC being the answer defensively and would probably be demolished by quick forwards.
    Yeah, I was reading about this earlier. Interesting stuff seeing the friction in the Hawks team, since Trae is very unlikely to stop doing his thing on offense, and the FO is most certainly committed to building around his talents. I don't see Collins being a pipedream at all - it'll be a matter of whether the Spurs can pry him away from Atlanta, or rather, whether ATL would rather lose him than max him.

The other FA I'm interested in is Jarret Allen. I think he'd be a great fit on our team, provides much needed verticality, rim protection, and offense from the big man position, and from what I've seen, the Nets would have a hard time keeping him considering the rest of the salaries on their team. I haven't looked too deep into the hypothetical finances, but if the Spurs could nab one (or both!) of Collins or Allen, I'd be pretty ecstatic, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was reading about this earlier. Interesting stuff seeing the friction in the Hawks team, since Trae is very unlikely to stop doing his thing on offense, and the FO is most certainly committed to building around his talents. I don't see Collins being a pipedream at all - it'll be a matter of whether the Spurs can pry him away from Atlanta, or rather, whether ATL would rather lose him than max him.

The other FA I'm interested in is Jarret Allen. I think he'd be a great fit on our team, provides much needed verticality, rim protection, and offense from the big man position, and from what I've seen, the Nets would have a hard time keeping him considering the rest of the salaries on their team. I haven't looked too deep into the hypothetical finances, but if the Spurs could nab one (or both!) of Collins or Allen, I'd be pretty ecstatic, tbh.
    Jarrett Allen's been my guy; I watch a lot of Nets games. I don't think there's a chance in we can get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair...without a real "home court advantage", the Lakers could realistically finish anywhere between 1st and 7th and still be considered the favorite.

The play-in tournament would be the only reason why 8th doesn't fit the category.

Either way, I appreciate getting a win out of them after that 4-game losing skid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair...without a real "home court advantage", the Lakers could realistically finish anywhere between 1st and 7th and still be considered the favorite.

The play-in tournament would be the only reason why 8th doesn't fit the category.

Either way, I appreciate getting a win out of them after that 4-game losing skid.
    Isn't the tournament 7-10? I thought 7 played 8 and 9 played 10, and the winner of the former game made the playoffs and the loser played the winner of the second game for the final spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the tournament 7-10? I thought 7 played 8 and 9 played 10, and the winner of the former game made the playoffs and the loser played the winner of the second game for the final spot.
    Looks like you are right: https://theathletic.com/news/nba-to-...n/6IhitxwYMelF

I thought they were following the same format they did in the bubble...but now it looks like both the 7th and 8th seed have to play their way into the playoffs (as if the regular season wasn't doing that).

Not sure how I feel about that, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you are right: https://theathletic.com/news/nba-to-...n/6IhitxwYMelF

I thought they were following the same format they did in the bubble...but now it looks like both the 7th and 8th seed have to play their way into the playoffs (as if the regular season wasn't doing that).

Not sure how I feel about that, tbh.
    Not a fan of the play in format. I think it's pretty stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It made sense for the bubble when the season was suddenly cut short....but now it just feels like a money grab by the NBA.

This is a 72 game season. We've seen shorter seasons before without the need for a play-in tournament. I would be pissed if I was a 7-seed who spent all season earning that spot just to lose it by playing two bad games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarrett Allen's been my guy; I watch a lot of Nets games. I don't think there's a chance in we can get him.
    my list would be
    1- Randle
    2- Collins
    3- Allen
    4- Jerami Grant after his offensive unlock season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Randle nor Jerami are attainable in free agency, they will still be under contract. Doubt they'll let them go via trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds terrible. What the . Why is there a play-in format if the season isn't cut short. If you bust your ass all season and finish 7th or 8th, why should you lose that spot if you have a bad game or two. This is a messed up money grab by the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know what his contract situation is? Last I heard, there were some issues between him and the Nets over role/playing time, and also the fact that they have two max players in Irving and Durant. Can't make signing high end role players like Allen easy, but I really haven't looked too far into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know what his contract situation is? Last I heard, there were some issues between him and the Nets over role/playing time, and also the fact that they have two max players in Irving and Durant. Can't make signing high end role players like Allen easy, but I really haven't looked too far into it.
    Word on the nets subreddit is that he's seeking Capela money.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It made sense for the bubble when the season was suddenly cut short....but now it just feels like a money grab by the NBA.

This is a 72 game season. We've seen shorter seasons before without the need for a play-in tournament. I would be pissed if I was a 7-seed who spent all season earning that spot just to lose it by playing two bad games.
    Ding ding ding.

The same reason the NFL and MLB expanded their playoffs. More playoff teams means more teams have something to play for late in the season.

It's a disgrace that 2/3 of the teams in the league make the playoffs, but that's life. The owners don't care about tradition or fairness, only money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, Jerami Grant looks legit as a 3.5. We need to find ourselves someone who will explode like that.

Thread Information