Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I still wish Bill Cowher didn't retire early.
    You're right. Now you've been stuck with a Mark Jackson clone as your head coach for the past 15 years and haven't won a damn thing except one measly Super Bowl despite consistently having among the most stacked rosters in sports, plus a league office which consistently gives you help on and off the field. Now you're about to lose half that talent and head for the gutter. But Porchmonkey won't be fired because #RooneyRule

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    You're right. Now you've been stuck with a Mark Jackson clone as your head coach for the past 15 years and haven't won a damn thing except one measly Super Bowl despite consistently having among the most stacked rosters in sports, plus a league office which consistently gives you help on and off the field. Now you're about to lose half that talent and head for the gutter. But Porchmonkey won't be fired because #RooneyRule
    Cowher could've been on the level of Popovich/Belichick. He had tenure for life if he wanted it. He had already accomplished so much, but he retired too young.

I respect wanting to move on and spend more time with family, but damn. He gave up a lot.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I would take a fight after the game over a guaranteed penalty for "social media likes" any day of the week. Or better yet, is it too much to ask to just take the high road and not retaliate at all? I just don't see how you can justify low-class actions at the expense of hurting your team's chances of winning a ballgame. I could never see a Belichick or Parcells coached team getting away with crap like that without getting an earful or some kind of discipline. Could you ever picture the Patriots coming on the field and acting like morons and drawing a penalty like that when the game is still in doubt?

I guess we can agree to disagree. Tbh you're obviously one of the more intelligent posters on this site, I'm surprised you're defending this imo
    You aren't thinking this through. A fight after the game means suspensions or even potential injuries, and for the Baltimore that would be beyond idiotic. This also has nothing to do with social media. It has everything to do with the team's internal feelings about the beef between them and Tennessee. "Taking the high road" was not retaliating when the ans did it when the ans did it the first time, or the second time, or the third time. Eventually they snapped, and by snapping, they taunted them back. That's extremely tame, and for a fan aware of what was going on, it was awesome.

I've already pointed out how the yardage actually didn't make any substantial difference to the possible outcomes of the game. Had the ans found some way to win, it wasn't going to be because of the 15 yards the Ravens offense lost before they had a first-and-10 with two minutes to play. It was going to be because they executed poorly, likely on both sides of the ball. Had the penalty given their offense the ball deep in their own territory or one a first-and-25, then that would be one thing. But I'd bet it dropped the Ravens' win probability from like 98.4 to like 98.2, and that's not worth getting mad over.

As a fan, I watch football for basically the sole purpose of being entertained. Winning games matters to the extent that it gives me opportunities to watch them play more games and maybe for higher stakes and more bragging rights with other fans. But how they win their games and the experience of watching them do that is the most important thing. Seeing Jackson overcome the doubters, seeing the team come back from a deficit and seeing them get theirs against a team that was becoming and insufferable bully made my week. It wouldn't've been the same had they were the stoic, robotic professionals you suggest they should be. Maybe they aren't a Belichek team, but I'm perfectly happy with them as they are.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Get ready to hear this game talked about a hundred times this week

".......Mahomes set an NCAA record with 819 yards of total offense in a game.*He also tied the NCAA mark for passing yards with 734.

- Mahomes threw 88 passes. He just missed the NCAA record of 89 set by Washington State's Connor Halliday.

- Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield was 27-of-36 for 545 yards and seven touchdowns. The seven scoring passes set a school record.

- Mahomes and Mayfield set NCAA records with 1,279 combined passing yards and 1,383 yards of total offense by two players

http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/...urn-to-lubbock

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What a pisser. I was 5/5 on a 6 game teaser with Pitt -1 in the last game.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    What a pisser. I was 5/5 on a 6 game teaser with Pitt -1 in the last game.
    Damn teasing Pitt down to -1 at home seems like a lock 9/10 times.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Has no idea this game was on Nickelodeon.

Just turned to the channel and saw Spongebob pop up between the crossbar and a bunch of cartoon graphics on replay. Somebody actually thought this was a great idea. I'm rolling my eyes.
    i dont think you were the target audience for that broadcast

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Damn teasing Pitt down to -1 at home seems like a lock 9/10 times.
    It was the leg that I felt most confident about.
    Especially with the Brown's COVID issues and a couple of injuries.

Thread Information