Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    They've really built them up in the past 10 years. There's now one within walking distance of my childhood home on the Far West side. In childhood, if I wanted Arby's, I had to go all the way to the one on Military near US-90.
    Back in the 90s - and the last time I ever ate Arby's - the only one I knew of was on Culebra near Tezel. Can't remember if it's where the Wendy's is now, but it was around that area. Props to Arby's for finally making it though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    LOL. For real. I actually go to Arby's a couple of times a year. And when I go, there's no one there. In the restaurant or the drive thru line. Maybe a person or two.
    But at lunch time?

And the food is always good comparatively to other fast food places.

So I'm always left wondering, where the are they cutting corners and what the did I just eat.
    Gotta admit the sammies look good on TV but everything looks good on TV. Maybe I'll try the 2 for 5 one day. The roast beef just ing traumatized me as a child. Looked horrible and was bland as too. Turned me off of the place forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gotta admit the sammies look good on TV but everything looks good on TV. Maybe I'll try the 2 for 5 one day. The roast beef just ing traumatized me as a child. Looked horrible and was bland as too. Turned me off of the place forever.
    Yeah...the roast beef isn't a pretty sandwich. But if you drench it in Arby's Sauce, it's good.

Off the top of my head, the sandwiches that I've had that have been good were the Chicken Cordon Bleu and the turkey sandwiches on the grain bread.
    Jalapeno poppers with some kind of jelly sauce.

IDK...of the fast food restaurants, they have to be near the top in terms of taste. Regardless of what you might be eating.
    But then again, I look forward to the McRib.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Because it's unique. They have a solid customer base and lower operating expenses than the average fast food chain. Similar to In N Out, there is less variety, so lower food waste overhead
    I don't give a what their operating expenses are. I have a hard time justifying just the employee hours vs. what they sell.
    It's ing lunchtime and there might be 3 customers. And they've got 3 employees that I can see. Maybe one more in the back. For them to make it, that almost can't be roast beef.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I bet in your childhood, if you ever wanted Arby's, your mom would suck s for a Classic Roast Beef.
    #MiddleSchoolMentality

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I don't give a what their operating expenses are. I have a hard time justifying just the employee hours vs. what they sell.
    It's ing lunchtime and there might be 3 customers. And they've got 3 employees that I can see. Maybe one more in the back. For them to make it, that almost can't be roast beef.
    Even if it's roast bush meat, it's ing delicious drenched in Arbys and Horsey sauce tbh

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Back in the 90s - and the last time I ever ate Arby's - the only one I knew of was on Culebra near Tezel. Can't remember if it's where the Wendy's is now, but it was around that area. Props to Arby's for finally making it though.
    That's my favorite little area of SA. Near that Guitar Center which was my spot in high school. It's a little bit on a hill. Only place to see decent fall foliage in SA, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    That's my favorite little area of SA. Near that Guitar Center which was my spot in high school. It's a little bit on a hill. Only place to see decent fall foliage in SA, tbh.
    The guitar place near the old House of Pizza (which became a brew pup AFTER I left the area and I had always wanted one within walking distance. smh)? If so, that place shut down way back, then became a cheap tux shop. Pretty sure COVID killed that off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't stand those elitist es

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The guitar place near the old House of Pizza (which became a brew pup AFTER I left the area and I had always wanted one within walking distance. smh)? If so, that place shut down way back, then became a cheap tux shop. Pretty sure COVID killed that off.
    I don't know. I haven't been to that place since 2012, so define "way back".

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    oh TimDunkem, dammit you're right

Permanently closedHouse of Guitars is permanently closed. If that's wrong, you can suggest an edit.

House of Guitars

Musical instrument store in San Antonio, Texas

Address: 6025 Tezel Rd #115, San Antonio, TX 78250

Phone: (210) 682-1219

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    oh TimDunkem, dammit you're right

Permanently closedHouse of Guitars is permanently closed. If that's wrong, you can suggest an edit.

House of Guitars

Musical instrument store in San Antonio, Texas

Address: 6025 Tezel Rd #115, San Antonio, TX 78250

Phone: (210) 682-1219

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    ^ Such a damn shame; that place was like my other home back in my high school days. They always had all the right guitar/musical swag I needed, and performed services like tune-ups, battery replacements, string replacements etc for a much lower price than say a Sam Ash type of place would. Very friendly staff, too.

Sad to hear it's gone.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Also a damn shame that I was once the greatest high school musician in all of Northside ISD and now my fingers wilt under pressure when even trying to perform a basic solo these days. 3 years of college with tons of newfound sex, drunken raging parties and pomping raves but no guitar practice will do that to ya.

I did appreciate the Music Practice buildings that UNT offered free to anyone on campus. Anyone could just play and practice piano for free. I ended up getting better at piano but had no access to my guitars, so that suffered quite a lot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^ Such a damn shame; that place was like my other home back in my high school days. They always had all the right guitar/musical swag I needed, and performed services like tune-ups, battery replacements, string replacements etc for a much lower price than say a Sam Ash type of place would. Very friendly staff, too.

Sad to hear it's gone.
    What kind of doofus can't change his own strings or replace a battery in his equipment?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College

Sad to hear it's gone.
    Yeah I was disappointed when it closed. Some new places have popped up since but, for the most part, SA is a music wasteland. Really hard to find decent gear at a good price locally.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah I was disappointed when it closed. Some new places have popped up since but, for the most part, SA is a music wasteland. Really hard to find decent gear at a good price locally.
    Agreed. The "best" option after that was Sam Ash across the 410 from North Star Mall but gah, that place is the definition of mediocrity. I found a better music store at a mall when I was staying in Cincinnati in 2018.

The White Rabbit was my vibe as a sop re/junior in high school... boy I'll tell ya that.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What kind of doofus can't change his own strings or replace a battery in his equipment?
    I'm not a handyman. I play guitar, not fix guitar. Just like with computers. I'm a wizard at using the computer, but a total zero at debugging and troubleshooting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You ever lived up north? Cold azz winters, rusted cars and the people always in a bad mood because the weather sucks.

Your vote would count in Florida and the weather and scenery is great.

Great people, BEAUTIFUL scenery/trees/lakes, amazing autumns, great outdoors/fishing, booming tech scene, beautiful weather, beautiful women, easy access to Indiana, not too far from Chicago, a few hours drive to Detroit metro or Columbus... seems like the perfect place for me. Also a purple state where my vote will actually count (provided there is no fraud like 2020, of course).

Too bad ChumpDumper will forever remain an "Alleged Michigander", tbh. But as for me? I'm gonna make it happen this spring. I'm FINALLY going to get the out of Texas, once and for all.

#GTFOTexass2021

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    you asshole. My wife is a supermodel. My daughter is currently a screaming cry baby but she's going to be a normal, healthy, strong, intelligent, beautiful, wonderful supermodel, an amazing young lady just like her mother.
    If your wife is that same chick you posted in the last thread then she's modeling for National Geographic

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    that arby's has been gone for a decade tbh. it's some dirty mexican restaurant now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If your wife is that same chick you posted in the last thread then she's modeling for National Geographic

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You ever lived up north? Cold azz winters, rusted cars and the people always in a bad mood because the weather sucks.

Your vote would count in Florida and the weather and scenery is great.
    Rusted cars? Not if you have a nice garage...

North is beautiful. Fall foliage, lovely snowy winters, crisp springs, and not oppressively hot summers.

Florida? It's hot and sticky all year long, you can't open your window at night because the low temp is 79 with a heat index of 90, and you never know when (not if) the next hurricane will reduce your livelihood to a pile of wet sticks and debris.

California? The same sentence about Florida hurricanes applies to California earthquakes; it's a matter of when, not if. The weather is really nice if you live near the coast. If you live further east you might as well just live in Texas because it's hot and humid and you still have to pay 13.3% state income tax regardless of what part of CA you live in. Everything is expensive and you have ridiculous laws like no plastic bags or straws. I couldn't get used to it.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Typical racist "liberal". No wonder why blacks are scared to move to Seattle.

Thread Information