Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Arby's Adventure Meals were my as a kid. Happy Meals, tbh. Except when they had the TY beanie babies those 3 years and I had to collect at least one of each of them because I was a collector as a kid. I still have the collection, fwiw.

I think I'd replace that line with "I'm so Hungry I could eat at McDonald's", tbh. Or Applebee's, tbh. Applebees sucks ass and the meat entrees taste like cheap cardboard box frozen food from Walmart microwaved-up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What kind of doofus can't change his own strings or replace a battery in his equipment?
    I thought the same thing. Strings break. It's like changing the heads out on drums, just part of playing the instrument.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I thought the same thing. Strings break. It's like changing the heads out on drums, just part of playing the instrument.
    I never played drummers but drummers were always sort of at a premium at my high school. Tons of guitarists, though I was the best. A good handful of bassists and as far as singing, everyone had their own voice. But drummers? They could pick and choose what band(s) and gig(s) to play in. They were premium cars on the lot. I always had a hard time replacing drummers in my various bands in HS

As far as strings, they don't just break unless you them up by being an idiot by tuning too fast or bending way too hard etc. I've never had one break without me doing something ing stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I never played drummers but drummers were always sort of at a premium at my high school. Tons of guitarists, though I was the best. A good handful of bassists and as far as singing, everyone had their own voice. But drummers? They could pick and choose what band(s) and gig(s) to play in. They were premium cars on the lot. I always had a hard time replacing drummers in my various bands in HS

As far as strings, they don't just break unless you them up by being an idiot by tuning too fast or bending way too hard etc. I've never had one break without me doing something ing stupid.
    Then you really didn’t play much (if at all). Strings do break. It’s not frequent but it’s certainly not never.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Then you really didn’t play much (if at all). Strings do break. It’s not frequent but it’s certainly not never.
    I play a ton on my acoustic in E-standard tuning (normal tuning) and haven't lost a string yet and I've had that guitar for over a decade. It was a very expensive Fender. Worth every penny.

I've had a few strings break on my electric guitars when tuning back up from down tuning or trying to up-tune (big mistake). I ended up replacing all 6 strings and the sound quality went down so had to replace them again. It was a bummer because the original strings sounded best, especially when down tuning. The current strings on my metallic blue squier straticaster only really work for heavy metal w/distortions. I do have amps but sometimes I like to play electric on clean mode too. It's whatever. But for day to day use, especially in quarantine, I use my ole reliable fender acoustic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I play a ton on my acoustic in E-standard tuning (normal tuning) and haven't lost a string yet and I've had that guitar for over a decade. It was a very expensive Fender. Worth every penny.

I've had a few strings break on my electric guitars when tuning back up from down tuning or trying to up-tune (big mistake). I ended up replacing all 6 strings and the sound quality went down so had to replace them again. It was a bummer because the original strings sounded best, especially when down tuning. The current strings on my metallic blue squier straticaster only really work for heavy metal w/distortions. I do have amps but sometimes I like to play electric on clean mode too. It's whatever. But for day to day use, especially in quarantine, I use my ole reliable fender acoustic.
    LOL wtf. You've never changed your strings in over 10 years? You're either lying or don't play much or you've been lucky (and don't give a about the sound).
    But with all the other stuff you've posted, I'm confident you're just lying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And wtf about him having to have them change out batteries? I can't think of any piece of music equipment where changing out a battery is any harder than replacing them in your remote control.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    LOL wtf. You've never changed your strings in over 10 years? You're either lying or don't play much or you've been lucky (and don't give a about the sound).
    But with all the other stuff you've posted, I'm confident you're just lying.
    Yeah, the strings don't sound perfectly "new". But with proper tuning, they sound good enough for my standards. When I'm playing songs in a different key with a capo, the difference between older and newer strings is even less noticeable.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And wtf about him having to have them change out batteries? I can't think of any piece of music equipment where changing out a battery is any harder than replacing them in your remote control.
    Guitars with the digital tuning guide

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Guitars with the digital tuning guide
    Seriously, that just pops out. If you actually had a guitar with a digital tuner, you'd know that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They can and they do break. A quick youtube search will get you dudes like SRV swapping out guitars mid-song because of a broken string. It isn't common, but it happens.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Arby's is delish so far as fast food goes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Andy was the best guitarist in the NISD but has rudimentary knowledge on changing his strings?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    is like a race car driver not knowing how or why he should change his tires.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Andrew was the best guitarist in the NISD but has rudimentary knowledge on changing his strings?
    Yep. I was also the top Madden MUT player for a week in spring 2018 but I wouldn't have known how to troubleshoot the PS4 to save my life.

And it's Andrew, not Andy... get it right.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    is like a race car driver not knowing how or why he should change his tires.
    On that note. I'm a long distance driver; rarely go over 78MPH except for going 90 in South Dakota because I could.

But yeah, when a trailer flinged out a chunk of metal junk which popped my right front tire, in eastern Louisiana near the Mississippi Delta, just a few months ago in mid October... Columbus Day in fact... I had to pay a guy $75 to change the tire to a donut. An additional $85 at a Walmart in Jackson, MS for the new tire. (Indian company did end up re-imbursing me for that, dollar for dollar.) 'Twas a bad little situation. But not the worst thing that happened to me on that expedition trip around the eastern half of the USA.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    But do they have Arby's
    As long as they have McCuckolds, amirite?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Me = Andrew

This is Andy:

Thread Information