Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was getting shots on his own before, not sure what changed. He seems to have lost a slight bit of confidence, perhaps. Or IV is getting more shots? Hard to say.

As for Patty, I appreciate the 3s going in, but the 2nd Unit, to me at least, used to be the home of the Beautiful Game, and now it's he and Gay jacking up shots because they are in a contract year. It's the Ugly Game in a sense and I find the 2nd Unit almost unwatchable. I think Tre Jones needs to get more time somehow, at least when DD isn't playing. The ball movement is horrible. And they need to play Vasell more—I'd rather have D sometimes than everyone calling their own shot.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. For all of DeRozan's time with the team and youngings, I'm surprised none of them have been taught some good footwork and moves around the rim. DeMar is a master at those, and they're definitely go-to shots when the time's running down. A part of me wonders whether DeMar doesn't teach them, just so the team needs him as a closer and can't get rid of him....?

I'll invoke Hanlon's Razor here: don't ascribe to malevolence that which could easily be incompetence. People who are great at things are not always great at teaching those things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll invoke Hanlon's Razor here: don't ascribe to malevolence that which could easily be incompetence. People who are great at things are not always great at teaching those things.
    Didn't know about that Razor, only Occam's. Good . Yeah, it wasn't serious, I really doubt DeMar is keeping knowledge from the youngings out of spite . I also agree that he doesn't look like the best mentor, he's more of a look-how-I-do-it kinda guy, which is better than nothing I guess? But hardly the best teaching our young fellas could get.

I actually think the best "mentor" out of the 4 vets, is our boy 50 Mill$. He's always sticking around the kids, talking to them and showing them stuff. He's sadly the one who'd be easiest to trade, whilst also the one who brings the most to the table in that regard. I don't see LaMarcus nor Rudy taking on that mantle, tbh.

Thread Information