Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter was easily better than Poeltl though.
    well duh. splitter was actually a very good player

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even a NBA player. 3-13 on FTs lol. 3 blocks in 193 min. Get rid of this scrum.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got paid and relaxed. Lots of players do it. It sucks, but he can play better. Still, what a horrible stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why rail on this stiff when the real culprits are the two suckers who brought him to our team? First by including him in one of the leagues worst trades ever, and secondly by giving him that new contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensively. His offense was terrible. He was sooo soft in the paint. His main move was a reverse layup that could easily be scouted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensively. His offense was terrible. He was sooo soft in the paint. His main move was a reverse layup that could easily be scouted.
    still, better than the turtle, at least with he, the pnr could be performed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has really started to annoy me with his play. Charmin ultra soft. A 7 footer that seldom-ly dunks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya splitter was light years ahead of poodle on offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Softest Spurs player i've ever seen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol, today, could contribute more than Poodle or Trey Lyle's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't understand how an NBA player can shoot 23% on free throws. Imagine spending your entire adult life training to play a game and being so terrible at the most basic aspect of it.

It's all mental at this point, but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not talking about "dverde" specifically, but all these ing ST boomers remember every goddamn scrub that donned a Spurs uni within the last 50 years but they totally forget about how much better some Spurs were than others when they're defending their god Pop's recent ty decisions.

"Well Poeltl aint dat bad compared to Split, Nazr, etc"

Totally forgetting Splitter was one of the better defenders in the league at his position and was our center for the bulk of the 2012-2014 runs. Keep justifying those sandwiches, ST slurpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Okay Splitter's reverse layups were memorable, but let's not forget he still could ACTUALLY SCORE IN THE PAINT if given the chance, going up against better post defenders than Yukob goes up against now.

Better defender too. Much better.

Moved much better on the perimeter and could actually stick with some players there.

Set better screens.

Higher BBIQ.

Always knew where to be on offense.

Much, much better hands.

One of the better passers at his position at the time as well. He helped the offense flow despite being limited offensively. UNLIKE PUKOB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... It's all mental at this point, but still.
    I don't think so. I think Poeltl lacks dexterity, for doing precision actions with a basketball. In other words, he just doesn't have the touch for shooting. We've all seen people like that, haven't we? No matter how much they practice, it never quite works out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so. I think Poeltl lacks dexterity, for doing precision actions with a basketball. In other words, he just doesn't have the touch for shooting. We've all seen people like that, haven't we? No matter how much they practice, it never quite works out.
    I don't know. I'm right-handed and my left hand is basically worthless for anything athletic. I can't shoot, I can't bowl, I can barely throw a ball...

Shooting a basketball with it feels like I am shooting it with my feet...and even then, I bet I could put in some practice and be able to shoot better then 23%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't understand how an NBA player can shoot 23% on free throws. Imagine spending your entire adult life training to play a game and being so terrible at the most basic aspect of it.

It's all mental at this point, but still.
    His entire game looked better last year. Not sure what's up with him this season. Every time he passes the ball I hold my breath because it requires the receiver to make an acrobatic play to catch it. He's foul prone. He looks lost. Last year he was at least a defensive anchor out there even if his offense was lacking. He needs a boost of confidence.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not talking about "dverde" specifically, but all these ing ST boomers remember every goddamn scrub that donned a Spurs uni within the last 50 years but they totally forget about how much better some Spurs were than others when they're defending their god Pop's recent ty decisions.

Totally forgetting Splitter was one of the better defenders in the league at his position and was our center for the bulk of the 2012-2014 runs. Keep justifying those sandwiches, ST slurpers.
    To be fair you're not wrong about people doing mental gymnastics to defend the ty decisions of the front office over the past 4 years. However those people are no different than the people who refuse to give them credit for the good decisions they have made since then either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair you're not wrong about people doing mental gymnastics to defend the ty decisions of the front office over the past 4 years. However those people are no different than the people who refuse to give them credit for the good decisions they have made since then either.
    Vassell, White, and KJ were good choices.

That's about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, he's a pretty unique player.

His combination of softness and lack of basic basketball skills is unheard of.

Literal example of winning the genetic lottery. At least 7 footers who don't have any talent play hard and use their body, he can't even do that.

You can get him the ball right under the basket with a guard on him and he still won't score most of the time. Disgusting.

Even the things he did well last season don't happen anymore. Doesn't protect the rim, is a foul machine, can't even pass it to the open man on the perimeter.

Absolute disaster. I thought his contract was a bit of an overpay, but that he'll make up for it by improving his FTs and finishing around the rim. Didn't and probably won't happen.
    Should be traded asap.

Lyles is way more useful than him and that says a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, he's a pretty unique player.

His combination of softness and lack of basic basketball skills is unheard of.

Literal example of winning the genetic lottery. At least 7 footers who don't have any talent play hard and use their body, he can't even do that.

You can get him the ball right under the basket with a guard on him and he still won't score most of the time. Disgusting.

Even the things he did well last season don't happen anymore. Doesn't protect the rim, is a foul machine, can't even pass it to the open man on the perimeter.

Absolute disaster. I thought his contract was a bit of an overpay, but that he'll make up for it by improving his FTs and finishing around the rim. Didn't and probably won't happen.
    Should be traded asap.

Lyles is way more useful than him and that says a lot.
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was this dude a top 10 draft pick lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m just being consistent, I thought Tiago sucked before and I still think he sucks. Not worth his overpaid last contract. Which was more than Poodles including inflation. Besides playing good defense on Dirk for one series and blocking Wade one time, I remember nothing else good. Tiago would be almost as terrible as Poodle on this team. I don’t remember him having so many slurpers back in the day. No one wanted to keep him for that last year of his contract. We traded him for nothing, because no one would give up an asset for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily PATFO's worst contract in their history, and there is a lot. Advanced stats really got this poor man's Greg Ostertag $27M The sooner GM's stop listening to analytic virgins, the sooner their teams will improve.

Jefferson and Pau's contracts pale in comparison.
    The thing about advanced stats is, you need large samples of data for them to mean anything.

There's nothing wrong with analytics. It's how they are used that can be a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just being consistent, I thought Tiago sucked before and I still think he sucks. Not worth his overpaid last contract. Which was more than Poodles including inflation. Besides playing good defense on Dirk for one series and blocking Wade one time, I remember nothing else good. Tiago would be almost as terrible as Poodle on this team. I don’t remember him having so many slurpers back in the day. No one wanted to keep him for that last year of his contract. We traded him for nothing, because no one would give up an asset for him.
    Because he was hurt. The only knock on Splitter back in the day was that he was made of glass. It's revisionist history to say he was garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These slurpers will be the same people praising Poeltl's contract in about a month and a half, after White gets back and he gets some mojo going. Same people endlessly going on about "Instagram Baller" now making apology threads and acting like they knew all along. The greatest benefit of ST is that nothing sticks, because there's no useful search function, so it's just throw- -at-the-wall most of the time.

Thread Information