Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like no one with any server capacity wants to touch that radioactive block of graphite control rod debris.

They are now migrating to the dark web. It is that cray cray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and... the site got hacked?

Unconfirmed account that someone got into the newly formed website, and downloaded errything, to give to the FBI.

https://www.tiktok.com/@thebigweirdm...16898510966022

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp looking into it now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

• Here is a description of what went down according to someone with far greater technical knowledge than me:
      "so a group of developers latched onto the Press Release that Twilio put out at midnight last night. In that Press Release, Twilio accidentally revealed which services Parler was using. Turns out it was all of the security authentications that were used to register a user. This allowed anyone to create a user, and not have to verify an email address, and immediately have a logged-on account.
      Well, because of that access, it gave them access to the behind the login box API that is used to deliver content -- ALL CONTENT (parleys, video, images, user profiles, user information, etc) --. But what it also did was revealed which USERS had "Administration" rights, "Moderation" rights.
      Well, then what happened, those user accounts that had Administration rights to the entire platform... The hackers, internet warriors, call it what you will, was able to use the forgot password link to change the password. Why? Because Twilio was no longer authenticating emails. This meant, they'd get directly to the reset password screen of that Administration user.
      This group of Internet Warriors then used that account, to create a handful of other ADMINISTRATION accounts, and then created a script that ended up creating MILLIONS of fake administration accounts.
      Now that they had a way of creating admin accounts without interruption, they created a Docker Image (basically a virtual machine) called a Warrior, that anyone could download, and when fired up, would immediately start collecting data off of Parlre, in a coordinated fashion.
      Consider it like SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) that people used to load up as screen savers when their computers were not being used. Same concept, crowdsourcing.
      All of this data, the videos, the images, the posts, the metadata (including the GEO location of all images and videos, and the connections to the accounts that posted it, has been (since midnight) being uploaded to various cloud drives and storage arrays for the purposes of Archiving this information, for later retrieval by law enforcement, by the public, by Open Source Intelligence communities.
      And the kicker.. is this: all of this information was thought to be secure and private by individuals who were making the posts. A significant number of those individuals went through the process of being a "Verified Citizen" on Parler. What does that mean?
      It means they uploaded a picture of the front and back of their REAL State Driver's License........ Let that sink in for a second.
      I am positive the FBI has been actively soaking in this information along with the Internet Warriors, but this is how they are going to officially track down.
      And it's how the FBI, DHS, and FAA have been able to immediately and exhaustively create no-fly lists. Every verified attendee of the Capitol riot where they can find a real name has been placed on No-Fly Lists.
      It might seem like a small geeky glitch or hack.. but in the age of Information warfare... this is the silver bullet for the people who used Parler as a place to organize their efforts.
      Also, a lot of posts were deleted by Parler members after the riots on the 6th. Turned out... Parler didn't actually delete anything.. just set a bit as deleted.
      Guess what has access to all "deleted" content?
      Admnistrator accounts."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

• Here is a description of what went down according to someone with far greater technical knowledge than me:
      "so a group of developers latched onto the Press Release that Twilio put out at midnight last night. In that Press Release, Twilio accidentally revealed which services Parler was using. Turns out it was all of the security authentications that were used to register a user. This allowed anyone to create a user, and not have to verify an email address, and immediately have a logged-on account.
      Well, because of that access, it gave them access to the behind the login box API that is used to deliver content -- ALL CONTENT (parleys, video, images, user profiles, user information, etc) --. But what it also did was revealed which USERS had "Administration" rights, "Moderation" rights.
      Well, then what happened, those user accounts that had Administration rights to the entire platform... The hackers, internet warriors, call it what you will, was able to use the forgot password link to change the password. Why? Because Twilio was no longer authenticating emails. This meant, they'd get directly to the reset password screen of that Administration user.
      This group of Internet Warriors then used that account, to create a handful of other ADMINISTRATION accounts, and then created a script that ended up creating MILLIONS of fake administration accounts.
      Now that they had a way of creating admin accounts without interruption, they created a Docker Image (basically a virtual machine) called a Warrior, that anyone could download, and when fired up, would immediately start collecting data off of Parlre, in a coordinated fashion.
      Consider it like SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) that people used to load up as screen savers when their computers were not being used. Same concept, crowdsourcing.
      All of this data, the videos, the images, the posts, the metadata (including the GEO location of all images and videos, and the connections to the accounts that posted it, has been (since midnight) being uploaded to various cloud drives and storage arrays for the purposes of Archiving this information, for later retrieval by law enforcement, by the public, by Open Source Intelligence communities.
      And the kicker.. is this: all of this information was thought to be secure and private by individuals who were making the posts. A significant number of those individuals went through the process of being a "Verified Citizen" on Parler. What does that mean?
      It means they uploaded a picture of the front and back of their REAL State Driver's License........ Let that sink in for a second.
      I am positive the FBI has been actively soaking in this information along with the Internet Warriors, but this is how they are going to officially track down.
      And it's how the FBI, DHS, and FAA have been able to immediately and exhaustively create no-fly lists. Every verified attendee of the Capitol riot where they can find a real name has been placed on No-Fly Lists.
      It might seem like a small geeky glitch or hack.. but in the age of Information warfare... this is the silver bullet for the people who used Parler as a place to organize their efforts.
      Also, a lot of posts were deleted by Parler members after the riots on the 6th. Turned out... Parler didn't actually delete anything.. just set a bit as deleted.
      Admnistrator accounts."

holy ing if all of this is true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Admnistrator accounts."

Sounds like confirmation.

Not surprising given the newness of the company/platform. Security in the early days of anything like that tends to be... lax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI about to pay team derp a visit

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Big tech has way too much power! They don’t have the right to censor people and restrict the exchange of free speech and ideas under the guise of protecting other users. This will be the end of individual freedom.

“Hey, someone just hacked Parler and released everybody’s personal information.”

Big tech needs to do something about this! They have the power to stop the release of this information. They need to restrict the exchange of personal information in order to protect users. Or this is the end of individual freedom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big tech has way too much power! They don’t have the right to censor people and restrict the exchange of free speech and ideas under the guise of protecting other users. This will be the end of individual freedom.

“Hey, someone just hacked Parler and released everybody’s personal information.”

Big tech needs to do something about this! They have the power to stop the release of this information. They need to restrict the exchange of personal information in order to protect users. Or this is the end of individual freedom.
    These are also the same assholes that cry about subsidizing NPR or PBS if someone on there "free speeches" something mean about Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one wants to host a site where half the users are openly discussing insurrection or murdering cops/politicians/judges? Shocker

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was willing to bet my half brothers in PA $37K that Biden would indeed be inaugurated. They're still clinging to "Trump will win in a landslide and Biden/Harris/Warnock/Tom Wolf will go to Gitmo!!!!1!!!"... They're too pussy to take my bet, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one wants to host a site where half the users are openly discussing insurrection or murdering cops/politicians/judges? Shocker

If they planned it on Facebook, what then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Why does this dumb always need the most obvious things explained for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they planned it on Facebook, what then?

But they aren't, so your hypothetical is irrelevant. Try a little harder next time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FB would likely flag your comment or delete it and ban you for 24 hours and then for longer if you persisted anyway, so not sure what the point of bringing them up in a discussion about a site that takes pride in the fact they do not moderate anything at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FB has a small army of monitors, however inadequate and undercompensated, that at least try to cut down on the illegal activity posted there.

Has Parler made any good faith efforts to even stop their pedos?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greenwald

Another guy who couldn't bring himself to say the attack on the Capitol was a bad thing.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 01-11-2021 at 12:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do think tech companies have too much power/control over discourse... and while SCOTUS has ruled that they, as it stands, are not "public forums", that probably should be an area to be explored, through a government taking/buyout of sorts, or some settlement with them as part of an an rust pursuit

but trump inciting an insurrection is not the hill to die on ... its like complaining about the prison industrial complex after they imprisoned a rapist/murderer

with that said, its not like even a government overseen social media platform would not be subject to TOS, and trump and some of these other actors would likely have been suspended/banned anyway

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "We must cancel it"

Bullied rejects taking their ball and running home to safe space

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We must cancel it"

Bullied rejects taking their ball and running home to safe space
    You lost again.