Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    mmh, no.

Get your facts straight if you're gonna try to argue, tbh.
    That’s why i asked ... calm down

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    On a serious note. So difficult to defeat the same team 3 times in football
    Back in 99 or 2000 the jaguars went 14-2 during the reg season and lost both to the ans. Jags had a bye and beat the dolphins 62-7 in divisional round. Then they lost to ans a 3rd time. Rams beat ans

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    That’s why i asked ... calm down
    You weren't asking when you made that BS comment about the Saints only being on the game because of a trick play, tbh.

The Saints dominated the first half, then they came out on the second half putting toghether a great TD drive, forced the Bucs to punt, and were driving again. If not for that Cook fumble, they game would have ended there in favour of the Saints, tbh. The turnovers that the Bucs' defense came up with were the difference in the game. The Saints' defense had their chances of coming up with TO's too, but they ed up, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You weren't asking when you made that BS comment about the Saints only being on the game because of a trick play, tbh.

The Saints dominated the first half, then they came out on the second half putting toghether a great TD drive, forced the Bucs to punt, and were driving again. If not for that Cook fumble, they game would have ended there in favour of the Saints, tbh. The turnovers that the Bucs' defense came up with were the difference in the game. The Saints' defense had their chances of coming up with TO's too, but they ed up, tbh.
    Of course i wasn’t asking then. I meant it.

I forgot what the score was when Cooks fumble. They were up. Which was because of the busted trick play

brady wasnt lighting it up but unlike Brees converted multiple big third downs throughout the game. Had some near picks but played much cleaner than brees

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Of course i wasn’t asking then. I meant it.

I forgot what the score was when Cooks fumble. They were up. Which was because of the busted trick play

brady wasnt lighting it up but unlike Brees converted multiple big third downs throughout the game. Had some near picks but played much cleaner than brees
    You were wrong though. Up to that point the Saints were dominating on every single aspect of the game, except turnovers.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    lefty

Good looking out Fam.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    GG Darth_Pelican

I know "it still hurts". But GG regardless.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Gotta fix this starting off slow problem though imo tbh fwiw.

Post Count
    You were wrong though. Up to that point the Saints were dominating on every single aspect of the game, except turnovers.
    1) turnovers are generally a very major aspect of the game

2) by the fact that the score was tied, they obviously had not dominated the first half

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Back in 99 or 2000 the jaguars went 14-2 during the reg season and lost both to the ans. Jags had a bye and beat the dolphins 62-7 in divisional round. Then they lost to ans a 3rd time. Rams beat ans
    I have referenced this season because the ans were a 13-3 Wild Card. Not sure that has been matched before or since

I remember trying to research why this occurred because in Week 3 win it was Neil ODonnell behind center for Tennessee. And George had under 60 yards.

The answer I came to was ans defense simply had Mark Brunnel's number and he his performance over those 3 games - 2 TDs and 6 INTs

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    1) turnovers are generally a very major aspect of the game

2) by the fact that the score was tied, they obviously had not dominated the first half
    Turnovers are a major aspect of the game but many times they aren't consequence of dominance. A team could be dominating another on every single aspect of the game and the turnover can occur out of nothing on an isolated play.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Turnovers are a major aspect of the game but many times they aren't consequence of dominance. A team could be dominating another on every single aspect of the game and the turnover can occur out of nothing on an isolated play.
    Yah not like it use to be. In the past you could feel the turnover coming because of smothering defense play or erratic QB play

On Brees 2nd INT, was that a bad throw or was RB Kamara supposed to have turned and looked vs running upfield? Sure seemed like a misroute to me.

#3 int did Cook try to catch it with his shoulder or did Buc tip pass? ty replay work by CBS shows everything but that moment in time.

Post Count
    if a team is "dominating" by marching down the field for an 85 yard drive, but then fumbles it or throws an interception and comes away with no points, then they didn't dominate at all. they just got some nice stats and made the defense work more than if they went 3 and out.

are they a consequence of dominance? not necessarily, but a bad turnover completely negates whatever "dominance" was occuring on the drive.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rodgers over Brees

Legacy. Drew will have the numbers but I always feared Drew's ability to deliver the ball and Rodgers' own ability. Thus Drew is too dependent on teammates and I believe tonight illustrated when teammates try to carry you. It's over - turnovers
    Last edited by FrostKing; 01-18-2021 at 04:56 AM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    GG Darth_Pelican

I know "it still hurts". But GG regardless.
    GG. Sad to say goodbye to Drew, but obviously it's time. I'm upset about the loss because we gave the game away. Cook's fumble changed the entire dynamic of the game. Saints were about to go up by 10-14 points and the gameplan would have been different in the 4th quarter. Drew's arm, ribs, lung etc. are too shot to get in a shootout mentality which is what he had to do. Playoff losses always hurt, but this one didn't hurt nearly as much as the 2011 SF loss, the 2018 no-call, or the Minneapolis miracle, because those teams were capable of winning it all. This team was not. They'd have lost to GB in the cold next weekend.

I wish Drew would have gotten that 2nd ring, but those gutwrenching losses mentioned above took that away. But Brees-Payton got us a ring and the Saints probably wouldn't even still be in NOLA if it weren't for them. Time to look to the future. We'll see what Sean Payton can do without a HOF QB.

GG. Sad to say goodbye to Drew, but obviously it's time. I'm upset about the loss because we gave the game away. Cook's fumble changed the entire dynamic of the game. Saints were about to go up by 10-14 points and the gameplan would have been different in the 4th quarter. Drew's arm, ribs, lung etc. are too shot to get in a shootout mentality which is what he had to do. Playoff losses always hurt, but this one didn't hurt nearly as much as the 2011 SF loss, the 2018 no-call, or the Minneapolis miracle, because those teams were capable of winning it all. This team was not. They'd have lost to GB in the cold next weekend.
    Does any of the local sports news get into details? Int #2 and #3 I'd like to know if correct route was run and if ball bounced off Cook (Cook?) due to db deflection or he just completely misjudged.

Thread Information