Go Saints Go!

We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Go Saints Go!

We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked
    Don't really need to jinx it when you have the GOAT on the other side, tbh. Will Hunting

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Packers
    Chiefs
    Bucs
    Bills

not a lot of confidence in any of those outside the chiefs tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Packers
    Chiefs
    Bucs
    Bills

not a lot of confidence in any of those outside the chiefs tbh.
    Yeah, I like the Bills and Josh Allen but I don't like their defense; the Colts exposed them and the Ravens may do the same. Their major weakness over the McDermott era has been run defense and well...... they're going up against the best run offense team the NFL has seen since they implemented the forward pass.

Packers are missing 2 OL starters including the future HOF'er at Left Tackle. Jared Goff looks like his 2017/2018 self again (before the Super Bowl). Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp expected to be good to go. Their pass rush is the type that gives Rodgers fits and Jalen Ramsey is the perfect type of CB to shut down Adams one on one. If the Rams man blitz contain the Packers will have a tough day. If they play more zone the Packers should score some good points. I'm 50/50 on that one. But the Rams are a warm weather team, and they don't have a Brady at the helm to equalize that, so edge Packers.

Buccaneers are better than the Saints. Their 2 matchups in the regular season could be deceiving because the first was the very first game of the season with Brady having no reps from the OLine and the second matchup was also quite early and right after AB signed and Brady trying to force the ball to AB, again due to lack of practice. The Saints didn't look very good against the Bears on offense and their defense gave up a ton of opportunities that the Bears just missed because, well, Trubisky sucks and all their receivers not named Allen Robinson royally sucks. The GOAT and the Bucs will win, I'm confident of that.

I'm actually more confident of the Bucs beating NOLA than of the Chiefs beating the Dawgs. The Dawgs are hungry dogs out for blood this year. Hunt will want his revenge on the team that gave up on him for no good reason and probably cost them a championship that year by cutting him in favor of a scatback that couldn't move the pile in short yardage. Chubb+Hunt are one of the best duos of our generation at RB and Mayfield is a top 10 QB. But Mahomes is obviously on a different level and Reid has finally figured out how to win in the playoffs, so advantage Chiefs. But don't be surprised if the game is very close.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Yeah, I like the Bills and Josh Allen but I don't like their defense; the Colts exposed them and the Ravens may do the same. Their major weakness over the McDermott era has been run defense and well...... they're going up against the best run offense team the NFL has seen since they implemented the forward pass.

Packers are missing 2 OL starters including the future HOF'er at Left Tackle. Jared Goff looks like his 2017/2018 self again (before the Super Bowl). Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp expected to be good to go. Their pass rush is the type that gives Rodgers fits and Jalen Ramsey is the perfect type of CB to shut down Adams one on one. If the Rams man blitz contain the Packers will have a tough day. If they play more zone the Packers should score some good points. I'm 50/50 on that one. But the Rams are a warm weather team, and they don't have a Brady at the helm to equalize that, so edge Packers.

Buccaneers are better than the Saints. Their 2 matchups in the regular season could be deceiving because the first was the very first game of the season with Brady having no reps from the OLine and the second matchup was also quite early and right after AB signed and Brady trying to force the ball to AB, again due to lack of practice. The Saints didn't look very good against the Bears on offense and their defense gave up a ton of opportunities that the Bears just missed because, well, Trubisky sucks and all their receivers not named Allen Robinson royally sucks. The GOAT and the Bucs will win, I'm confident of that.

I'm actually more confident of the Bucs beating NOLA than of the Chiefs beating the Dawgs. The Dawgs are hungry dogs out for blood this year. Hunt will want his revenge on the team that gave up on him for no good reason and probably cost them a championship that year by cutting him in favor of a scatback that couldn't move the pile in short yardage. Chubb+Hunt are one of the best duos of our generation at RB and Mayfield is a top 10 QB. But Mahomes is obviously on a different level and Reid has finally figured out how to win in the playoffs, so advantage Chiefs. But don't be surprised if the game is very close.
    The amount of re ation and bull you fit into this is astounding tbh

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I actually like three of the match-ups, with LAR @ GB being the one I know nothing about. The Rams have talent, but I haven't seen anything this year that suggests they can beat the Packers. But I guess GB is reliant enough on their offense that they might be able to drop one if they have a bad game.

Ravens at Bills -- Obvious reasons why I'm interested. I think this will be a more honest challenge for Baltimore's defense, since it's not just about selling out to stop one guy. Buffalo played the Ravens really tough last year when they weren't close to this good, so we'll see. Both teams seem built for playoff football, but Jackson is the X-factor. He might not have a good enough passing game to take pressure off the running game. But he's unambiguously the best player on either team, so he can also win games that are lost on paper.

Bucs at Saints -- Bucs are still my number-two team, so it's not a shock I care about this as well. The Bucs have a crazy amount of star power on both sides of the ball. They should win this game, but New Orleans has played above their normal levels against TB this year. Plus, even with the names on offense, I don't know how much talent Tampa has compared to other teams. If the Saints can make Brady look old again, I think they could take it. They say it's really hard to beat the same team three times in one season, but history actually suggests that the sweeping RS team is more likely to win the three match, so I dunno.

Browns at Chiefs -- There's a potential for this to be a way better game than folks might expect. Cleveland has an explosive offense that has one of the best running games in the league. They can score quickly to match with the Chiefs, but they can also salt the game away. It's easy to assume they'll Browns their way to a loss, but that stereotype would've made them lose two weeks ago if not at least last night. All bets are off. Still, KC is the best team in the league until proven otherwise, and they have be heavily favored. They have legit weaknesses, but no one this year has been complete enough to take advantage of that. Cleveland may well not be up to that task given their meh defense and lack of receiving targets outside Landry and the dump-off game. I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns take that game, but maybe that's just me hoping Baltimore has a chance to host an AFCC for what I think would be the first time in Ravens history.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Don't really need to jinx it when you have the GOAT on the other side, tbh. Will Hunting
    No?

ok then time for me to find another team to jinx

That pirate flag design below your avatar is pretty cool tbh....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No?

ok then time for me to find another team to jinx

That pirate flag design below your avatar is pretty cool tbh....
    Yeah tbh. Either Brady for #7 or Mahomes for #2 would be cool with me. Wouldn't mind the Bills, Ravens, or even Browns getting a ring.

If you want to jinx a team, jinx GB. Even though that's my survivor pick of the week. Just want to get them knocked out no matter what.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I actually like three of the match-ups, with LAR @ GB being the one I know nothing about. The Rams have talent, but I haven't seen anything this year that suggests they can beat the Packers. But I guess GB is reliant enough on their offense that they might be able to drop one if they have a bad game.

Ravens at Bills -- Obvious reasons why I'm interested. I think this will be a more honest challenge for Baltimore's defense, since it's not just about selling out to stop one guy. Buffalo played the Ravens really tough last year when they weren't close to this good, so we'll see. Both teams seem built for playoff football, but Jackson is the X-factor. He might not have a good enough passing game to take pressure off the running game. But he's unambiguously the best player on either team, so he can also win games that are lost on paper.

Bucs at Saints -- Bucs are still my number-two team, so it's not a shock I care about this as well. The Bucs have a crazy amount of star power on both sides of the ball. They should win this game, but New Orleans has played above their normal levels against TB this year. Plus, even with the names on offense, I don't know how much talent Tampa has compared to other teams. If the Saints can make Brady look old again, I think they could take it. They say it's really hard to beat the same team three times in one season, but history actually suggests that the sweeping RS team is more likely to win the three match, so I dunno.

Browns at Chiefs -- There's a potential for this to be a way better game than folks might expect. Cleveland has an explosive offense that has one of the best running games in the league. They can score quickly to match with the Chiefs, but they can also salt the game away. It's easy to assume they'll Browns their way to a loss, but that stereotype would've made them lose two weeks ago if not at least last night. All bets are off. Still, KC is the best team in the league until proven otherwise, and they have be heavily favored. They have legit weaknesses, but no one this year has been complete enough to take advantage of that. Cleveland may well not be up to that task given their meh defense and lack of receiving targets outside Landry and the dump-off game. I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns take that game, but maybe that's just me hoping Baltimore has a chance to host an AFCC for what I think would be the first time in Ravens history.
    As a big time Lamar believer, I don't think you can call him the "unambiguously" best player of either team. It's pretty much a toss up between him and Allen, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As a big time Lamar believer, I don't think you can call him the "unambiguously" best player of either team. It's pretty much a toss up between him and Allen, tbh.
    Tre`davious White is up there, too

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I'm confident the Chiefs will win. The other three games can go either way.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Serious question... after watching the NCAAF playoffs, is Mac Jones the top QB of this year's NFL Draft class?

Jones > Lawrence > Fields or Jones > Fields > Lawrence. But Fields really got exposed by Alabama's defense and it wasn't one of Alabama's best defenses they've had either.

Give the Cowboys Surtain at 10 too. Two superstar 'Bama CBs locking down the perimeters for the Cowboys for a generation in Diggs and Surtain. #RollTideCBs

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Serious question... after watching the NCAAF playoffs, is Mac Jones the top QB of this year's NFL Draft class?
    I'm not gonna act as if I had watched him play at all, but wasn't Alabama super stacked? I have a theory that you should have some reservations about QB's that tear up in college with overwhelming talent around them. They tend to get exposed in the NFL when suddenly his teammates aren't considerably better than the opposition. Kids that do well in college despite not having a talent advantage, ala Mahomes, are the ones worth taking, imho.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna act as if I had watched him play at all, but wasn't Alabama super stacked? I have a theory that you should have some reservations about QB's that tear up in college with overwhelming talent around them. They tend to get exposed in the NFL when suddenly his teammates aren't considerably better than the opposition. Kids that do well in college despite not having a talent advantage, ala Mahomes, are the ones worth taking, imho.
    When is Alabama not "super stacked", tbh?

Tu'a got exposed this year so bad they had to bring in Fitz to save the Dolphins multiple times, but in the last game of the season Fitz had covid and Tu'a crumpled into the fetal position. So your point is pretty excellent IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys moving back to cover 3 zone press is meh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I actually like three of the match-ups, with LAR @ GB being the one I know nothing about. The Rams have talent, but I haven't seen anything this year that suggests they can beat the Packers.
    Weather could give Packers a huge advantage.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the whole reason the Saints signed Jameis was for this game. Arians needs to let Brady call his own or this will be a one sided affair like their last meetings

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the whole reason the Saints signed Jameis was for this game. Arians needs to let Brady call his own or this will be a one sided affair like their last meetings
    Idk. Saints didn't look terribly good against a .500 wild card team in an assy division.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Washingtons' defense was good and Tampa scored a lot

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Idk. Saints didn't look terribly good against a .500 wild card team in an assy division.
    Washingtons' defense was good and Tampa scored a lot
    Jameis gives the saints access to the bugs playbook judging by how they've stopped them in their 2 previous games Arians hasn't changed much

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jameis gives the saints access to the bugs playbook judging by how they've stopped them in their 2 previous games Arians hasn't changed much
    Please. The first one was the very first game of the season and the second was also early in the season when Tampa Tom first got his new (old) toy back and was trying to force him the ball all game.

Bucs are the better team and will win in NOLA. Very little home field advantage for the Saints these days.

Thread Information