Post Count
    Maybe we should. Increase intelligence, work ethic and toughness
    lol yeah john starks was a model of intelligence on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah john starks was a model of intelligence on the court
    So was Greg Anthony
    and all those YMCA rejects who bit on MJ's weak ass one handed pumpfakes, wtf was that

Barkley was so intelligent he would never gamble on a steal in a big game, because you know, that could lead to a game winning 3 by Paxson
    Derrick Coleman's work ethic was amazing
    Iverson and Rodman never missed practice
    Pippen never threw a tantrum duriing games
    Michael Jordan never cried to Stern or the refs, so tough

Good old days were so perfect tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol you say "oh I'm talking about my son's AAU" yet continue to apply it to the NBA when it actually does not apply. not to mention that probably not one of them will sniff the NBA.

the only time when it wasn't "one-dimensional" by your definition, was the late-00s to mid-10s. that was by far the most balanced time. 80s was fast breaks then iso. 90s was walk up then iso. not particularly multi-dimensional.

if you preferred seeing that style, that's one thing. but to act as if it was any less "one-dimensional" is simply not true. the dimension has just changed.

Do you read anything or just reply with some bull . I said all AAU basketball. I go to tournaments all over the country. Also, YES some of these players will make the NBA. Ive seen the 5 star athletes play. I still stand by what I see. 3pt shots, layups and floaters with no mid-range game to speak of.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Do you read anything or just reply with some bull . I said all AAU basketball. I go to tournaments all over the country. Also, YES some of these players will make the NBA. Ive seen the 5 star athletes play. I still stand by what I see. 3pt shots, layups and floaters with no mid-range game to speak of.
    no different than in the past having a bunch of top recruits who could shoot midrange but couldnt handle a ball if their life depended on it, or big men who could hit hook shots and had no ability to see out of a double team. same ol crap. only the very best of the best can actually do more than one or two tricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no different than in the past having a bunch of top recruits who could shoot midrange but couldnt handle a ball if their life depended on it, or big men who could hit hook shots and had no ability to see out of a double team. same ol crap. only the very best of the best can actually do more than one or two tricks.
    Exactly!!!! Thats why the REAL NBA>Todays NBA

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Exactly!!!! Thats why the REAL NBA>Todays NBA
    so basically all through history, most players are 1 or 2 trick ponies. the only difference is the tricks have changed, and people today are doing more difficult tricks and taking more of a high risk/high reward approach.

got it

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    “Here [in the NBA] it’s easier to score compared to Europe
    Today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic would have found it even easier if he played in 90s NBA, matched up against those plumbers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic would have found it even easier if he played in 90s NBA, matched up against those plumbers
    Terrible argument.

Doncic is right. I’ve seen players recently come out of college as a freshman and sop res averaging 13 to 15 points a game. They get in the NBA and average damn near 25. No defense to speak of, chunkin threes and throwing up floaters. The real NBA will always dominate today’s NBA.
    Last edited by lebomb; 03-03-2021 at 07:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue isn’t certain players are one trick ponies. The issue is that all of them are playing the same trick. Specialization has always been a thing , from spot up shooters (Kerr, Armstrong) to defenders (Cooper, Bowen) to rebounders (camby, junkyard dog). But now all the players are three point shooters. It’s boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMelo would put Stockton in a blender

yesterday’s nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue isn’t certain players are one trick ponies. The issue is that all of them are playing the same trick. Specialization has always been a thing , from spot up shooters (Kerr, Armstrong) to defenders (Cooper, Bowen) to rebounders (camby, junkyard dog). But now all the players are three point shooters. It’s boring.
    you have guys like Simmons, Giannis, and Zion who dominate without threes.

The three point shot was always going to pull the sport more towards specializing in it. The game will evolve like it has in the past.

you’ll have old fans that hang on to the past and new fans that will enjoy what the game has become.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the only fans who have an issue with todays games are fans who simply prefer different styles. there are lots of fans who absolutely love the modern style too.

whats boring to one fan, may be exciting to another. its all a matter of opinion in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The three point shot was always going to pull the sport more towards specializing in it. The game will evolve like it has in the past.

you’ll have old fans that hang on to the past and new fans that will enjoy what the game has become.
    More talking about teams and playing styles. Not individuals.
    The bucks, pels and 6ers still shoot a high percentage of 3s and the offence is generally the same. The regular season is getting more predictable. The playoffs are not as bad though where the game still has some variety.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMelo would put Stockton in a blender

yesterday’s nba
    I highly doubt that. Stockton wouldn't fall for all that magician trickery. He would focus on getting the job done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love the NBA and still watch as many games as I can. I just feel a HUGE part of the game is lost if all you have to do is chuck 3's and drive for layups. Shots can be made from all over the floor still but players, teams would rather chuck away. Also, defenses are atrocious. Its all reaching now, noone moving their feet and some just simply let you go by and score.

Todays NBA.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Love Luka, but he would have crapped his shorts vs those 90's guys like Rodman/Pippen/Jordan. At least, initially, anyway. He's not used to that physicality.

He's a polished talent who could score in any era, but we are talking about a slow it down and beat you up NBA where you got to the rim and were met enforcers like Alonzo or Shaq. His numbers would have been only slightly better than prime Kukoc, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

They need to move the 3pt line back, tbh. Would force players to develop mid range shots and it would bring back traditional centers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Luka, but he would have crapped his shorts vs those 90's guys like Rodman/Pippen/Jordan. At least, initially, anyway. He's not used to that physicality.

He's a polished talent who could score in any era, but we are talking about a slow it down and beat you up NBA where you got to the rim and were met enforcers like Alonzo or Shaq. His numbers would have been only slightly better than prime Kukoc, tbh.
    Kukoc survived in the 90s and he wasn’t a physical player, I’m pretty sure Luka would have been more than fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kukoc survived in the 90s and he wasn’t a physical player, I’m pretty sure Luka would have been more than fine
    Kukoc dunker 12 lb medicine balls in practice for fun

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    literally been spending some free time watching games from the 90s again. at how "physical" it is, only that its virtually the same as today except for an occasional extra push here and there after a foul has already been called

the main difference is the amount of cheap fouls that are initiated by todays players (which i agree and am no fan of), but thats not their fault. the league needs to enforce the rules differently.

oh and at how much modern players get flamed for flopping yet how much it always existed, and was invented by 80s and 90s ballers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally been spending some free time watching games from the 90s again. at how "physical" it is, only that its virtually the same as today except for an occasional extra push here and there after a foul has already been called

the main difference is the amount of cheap fouls that are initiated by todays players (which i agree and am no fan of), but thats not their fault. the league needs to enforce the rules differently.

oh and at how much modern players get flamed for flopping yet how much it always existed, and was invented by 80s and 90s ballers
    Why the did you torture yourself ?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Why the did you torture yourself ?
    i mean tbh i enjoyed watching it

its just funny to examine the revisionist history by guys like dirks finale and such, and see how horribly exaggerated their claims are

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    They need to move the 3pt line back, tbh. Would force players to develop mid range shots and it would bring back traditional centers.
    a very legit take tbh

a very re ed take tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean tbh i enjoyed watching it

its just funny to examine the revisionist history by guys like dirks finale and such, and see how horribly exaggerated their claims are

I agree it’s actually not bad to watch tbh

But yeah the revisionist history is ridiculous, not a lot of things have actually changed overtime (softness, teaming up, etc)
    a very re ed take tbh

Thread Information