Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confusion followed by dribbling out of bounds for the uncontested shot

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They should cancel the 3 pt line tbh lol, just to see how players would react
    What's more likely is a 4 point shot being implemented which will kill the product all the more, imo.

But I do wish they would move the line back some. But even with that, I think everyone will just gravitate to the corner, though. The game is addicted to the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's more likely is a 4 point shot being implemented which will kill the product all the more, imo.

But I do wish they would move the line back some. But even with that, I think everyone will just gravitate to the corner, though. The game is addicted to the 3.
    How about the further you are away from the basket the more points? Logo shots are 4pts, half court shots are 5, sink it from the opposing teams free throw is 6, chuck that biach full court and sink it and you automatically win the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4 on 1 fast breaks and a 3pt shot is taken
    I have to agree on that one

IIRC it was a few weeks ago, close game, Nuggets down by 1 point in the closing seconds, get the ball (steal or defensive rebound I'm not sure), 3 on 1 or 4 on 1 fastbreak, Murray has the ball, his teammates are all behind the 3 pt line, Murray takes the 3, Nuggets lose

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "wow you can actually shoot unlike most of those plumbers, here your ticket to the HOF son"

Klay Thompson would have averaged 50 ppg in that era tbh
    I think you have your eras ass backwards. Players in that era would dominate in this era. Players aren't more skilled or more athletic, they're just playing in a different system (motion offense + NBA rule changes makes stat padding a breeze- just the way the NBA wants it)

Klay Thompson would be a glorified Dell Curry in the 90's.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    A dude like Boban would be an all-star if the game were played right. Instead he's just an after thought.
    so youre saying a soft 7'4 guy with no mobility and no skills other than a baby hook would be an all-star in the 90s

yesterdays nba

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think you have your eras ass backwards. Players in that era would dominate in this era. Players aren't more skilled or more athletic, they're just playing in a different system (motion offense + NBA rule changes makes stat padding a breeze- just the way the NBA wants it)

Klay Thompson would be a glorified Dell Curry in the 90's.
    He thinks players like Mark Price (50/40/90 guy) were bums, devoid of talent.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How about the further you are away from the basket the more points? Logo shots are 4pts, half court shots are 5, sink it from the opposing teams free throw is 6, chuck that biach full court and sink it and you automatically win the game.

If they think it generates ratings, they will do all that.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Defenses leaving Magic Johnson and Dennis Johnson wide open
    and they were guards
    the disrespect
    this is absolutely hilarious, how defenders would sometimes sag so far off of them they literally were at or inside of the FT line because no one respected the 3 of 95% of players back then

if players back then actually could hit 3s consistently and used modern offensive sets, there may have literally been a game where both teams nearly scored 200 because of how easy it would be to score since there was no help defense allowed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol.... Doncic even stated it’s easier to score in Today’s NBA than it is in Europe. Modern offensives sets??? . Players standing around the 3 pt line waiting for a chuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Players standing around the 3 pt line waiting for a chuck.
    So pretty much like Majerle, Ainge, Stark, Denis Scott, Maxwell, Elie, etc, when their star teammates were doing work down low in case they are double teamed
    No cut to the basket, nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is absolutely hilarious, how defenders would sometimes sag so far off of them they literally were at or inside of the FT line because no one respected the 3 of 95% of players back then

if players back then actually could hit 3s consistently and used modern offensive sets, there may have literally been a game where both teams nearly scored 200 because of how easy it would be to score since there was no help defense allowed
    It was worse actually, Magic and DJ were left wide inside the 3 pt line, nobody feared their midrange jumpshot

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lol.... Doncic even stated it’s easier to score in Today’s NBA than it is in Europe. Modern offensives sets??? . Players standing around the 3 pt line waiting for a chuck.
    so by that logic, you're saying the NBA isn't the most compe ive league in the world

or maybe there was more to lukas comment that you are intentionally being obtuse to in order to win your crappy argument where you are ignoring obvious facts in favor of personal opinion

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so youre saying a soft 7'4 guy with no mobility and no skills other than a baby hook would be an all-star in the 90s

yesterdays nba
    Was Shaq mobile relative to most NBA players today? Your argument leaves a lot to be desired.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Was Shaq mobile relative to most NBA players today? Your argument leaves a lot to be desired.
    what? are you seriously comparing shaq's mobility to Boban?

shaq in Boston was probably more mobile than boban on his best day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Shaq would destroy in Todays NBA. There is noone, and I mean noone that could stop him. Embiid is the closest thing to a center this league has. He couldnt even stop a prime Shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq would struggle against the zone and would get killed on the defensive end against skilled big men who can shoot from anywhere
    And don’t get me started on him trying to switch, or the fact that players need to cover more space defensively, he would be too late on his rotation and would be out pf breath after the 1st quarter

so no he wouldn’t destroy anyone today

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Shaq would struggle against the zone and would get killed on the defensive end against skilled big men who can shoot from anywhere
    And don’t get me started on him trying to switch, or the fact that players need to cover more space defensively, he would be too late on his rotation and would be out pf breath after the 1st quarter

so no he wouldn’t destroy anyone today
    I actually kind of agree with this.

Shaq would get fouled constantly. You'd be trading 3 points for his 1 or 0 free throws, most times. I kinda wonder if he could stay on the floor.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Duplicate post.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Shaq would get fouled constantly. You'd be trading 3 points for his 1 or 0 free throws, most times. I kinda wonder if he could stay on the floor.
    Shaq would be getting and 1's and missing the free throw. If Poeltl can stay on the floor, Shaq could definitely stay on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq would be getting and 1's and missing the free throw. If Poeltl can stay on the floor, Shaq could definitely stay on the floor.
    Poeltl is not a dominant player like Shaq was, obviously, but he’s more mobile

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He'd be fouled as soon as they inbound the ball. And they'll just keep doing that until they are up by 20 and the coach is forced to pull Shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando shaq would do well in today’s league. Nowhere close to as dominant as he was but would still be useful. Laker shaq would be killed on defense. Mike Bibby and Mighty Mouse got fat contracts after looking way better than they actually were because shaq wouldn’t guard the pick and roll.

He’d still be dominant offensively as those skills are transferable in any league but he’d be a huge liability on d.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In this format I could picture teams launching shots on every possession from full court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep, Shaq would get fouled relentlessly and would clack free throws. But, he would destroy slammin that biach down on 95% of the players in the league. Shaq would not struggle in the least bit. These 168 lb, P/Fs, S/F, positionless players would get run smooth over by Shaq.

Thread Information