Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan doesn't have Kawhi's 3pt shooting, and he's considerably shorter. Not in height, but in length.
    Jordan's wingspan was 6'11 while Kawhi is 7'3. So Kawhi's length was a little bit longer. Kawhi is physically bigger than Jordan. Jordan was a great 3 point shooter from '95-'97 when the league moved the line back. Granted once the line was moved forward his 3 point shooting dropped during his final year with the bulls. But I think he would have eventually adjusted when it comes to getting better as a 3 point shooter. He just didn't put much of an emphasis on it since it wasn't a big part of the game when he played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry was an asshole towards his opponents but not his teammates. Robert Parish confirmed this in an interview he had with his former teammate Cedric Maxwell. Parish said that Bird was never an ass hole in practice or barked at his teammates like Jordan did. Parish stated that Bird would leave you alone when you were playing bad.

Hakeem was a terrible teammate up until he found Islam so you are right about that. I should have been clear and said when Hakeem matured he became a great leader which is correct.
    Ask Kevin mchale. Bird was a total absolute asshole to him with the constant passive aggressive snipes at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird is also a terrible father

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Today's NBA summarized in one short video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still better than yesterday’s NBA

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Soft and moist

Today's NBA summarized in one short video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!! There are NO real tough niggras in the NBA anymore. Where are the enforcers? Todays NBA enforcer is 6'-8' , 175lbs.
    Not needed I guess, brushin up against a niggras leg will get you a flagrant and 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    acting like 80s-90s players weren't soft

Kareem and Tragic looking at the refs everytime someone stripped the ball from them

Jordan whining to Stern because the Pistons were too mean to him

"Stern, fat plumber Bill Lame Beer touched me, make him stahp pls"

Stern obliged and changed the rules for Jordan, that'S the softest ever

letting Danny Change get under your skin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brushin up against a niggras leg will get you a flagrant and 1.

lol you want to see the flagrant they called in the 90s?

13:49 Daugherty barely touches MJ, flagrant foul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPBz3_Jgd-U

yesterday's NBA fans ladies and gentlemen, when narratives are preferred to logic and facts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird is also a terrible father
    NBA fathers today better than NBA fathers of the past.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!! There are NO real tough niggras in the NBA anymore. Where are the enforcers? Todays NBA enforcer is 6'-8' , 175lbs.
    Not needed I guess, brushin up against a niggras leg will get you a flagrant and 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a silly argument. Players adapted to the 3 pt shot because they had to, and it changed the game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

We have a select few like Pat Bev. He has the dog in him. But no real enforcers up front. Just 6'5 centers and a bunch of uncontested layups, tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    acting like 80s-90s players weren't soft

Kareem and Tragic looking at the refs everytime someone stripped the ball from them

Jordan whining to Stern because the Pistons were too mean to him

"Stern, fat plumber Bill Lame Beer touched me, make him stahp pls"

Stern obliged and changed the rules for Jordan, that'S the softest ever

letting Danny Change get under your skin
    this lol

literally the only difference was that blatant flagrant 2 fouls were less penalized, therefore players didnt mind doing it as much, as opposed to today where its 5+ game suspensions.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    o police - Chris Paul trying to beat me up Today's big man mentality

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Listen to the crowd's reaction. Nobody could believe it was flagrant because a soft foul like that was never actually a flagrant. Half the time it wasn't even a foul . That's MJ, he got some special treatment just as Lebron does. That ref probably wanted an autographed pair of shoes for his kids so he hooked him up.

lol you want to see the flagrant they called in the 90s?

13:49 Daugherty barely touches MJ, flagrant foul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPBz3_Jgd-U

yesterday's NBA fans ladies and gentlemen, when narratives are preferred to logic and facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matador defenses of Todays NBA.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Matador defenses of Todays NBA.
    No defense in yesterday's nba - everyone standing and watching Barkley/Jordan/Hakeem iso helpless defender to death or they use telegraphed double-teams that lead to pass on perimeter to easy wide-open shot. No match for coordinated beatiful zone defenses of today. Yes, there're occasional lapses but still, you get the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No defense in yesterday's nba - everyone standing and watching Barkley/Jordan/Hakeem iso helpless defender to death or they use telegraphed double-teams that lead to pass on perimeter to easy wide-open shot. No match for coordinated beatiful zone defenses of today. Yes, there're occasional lapses but still, you get the point.
    You are obviously a youngstuh and didnt watch the game back then. A foul was a FOUL. Not this ticky tack isht. You come through the lane a bit too much and they sat you on your ass. Next time down, you took a nice jumper instead of driving. Thats how ya do it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You are obviously a youngstuh and didnt watch the game back then. A foul was a FOUL. Not this ticky tack isht. You come through the lane a bit too much and they sat you on your ass. Next time down, you took a nice jumper instead of driving. Thats how ya do it.
    Oh, classic you're too young argument.

Son, I started to watch nba when you was suffering from your first wet dreams.

Anyway, there were a lot of soft calls back then

Last edited by i'm_still_beta; 01-12-2021 at 01:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not even close to as many soft ass calls as there are today. You cant even hand check nor forearm check. They blow the whistle before the foul is even attempted in Todays NBA. , its not even a foul 50% of the time.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not even close to as many soft ass calls as there are today. You cant even hand check nor forearm check. They blow the whistle before the foul is even attempted in Todays NBA. , its not even a foul 50% of the time.
    Yes, Harden and Durant received a lot of bad calls in their favor. But basketball was always a soft game. And hand checks don't have more impact than today's soft zones, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listen to the crowd's reaction. Nobody could believe it was flagrant because a soft foul like that was never actually a flagrant. Half the time it wasn't even a foul . That's MJ, he got some special treatment just as Lebron does. That ref probably wanted an autographed pair of shoes for his kids so he hooked him up.
    Wrong, MJ is the most ref protected player in the history if the NBA, BY FAR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bUt tOdAys pLaYeRs fLoP
    hAnd cHeCkinG hErP DerP

yesterday's NBA logic

Thread Information