Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jordan does not need a three point shot in today’s game. Just drive the ball and they will call fouls over and over and over again. 83% from the line for his career. And the turn around jump shot. The mid range game. Nobody could stop it. You can’t touch him now. No physical defense whatsoever. He destroys the league. You know that.
    I think he would need to, though.

The 2 point shot is only as valuable as a 3 if you shoot it at a 60% clip in today's wacked out game.

But yeah, the free throws help his cause and he would live at the line today. These guys today fall for every damn pump fake no matter how weak it is. Jordan had huge hands and could get you off your feet without even moving one foot.. One hand ball fake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say he needs one. I'm just addressing how biased and flawed the other poster is, especially based on previous posts hes made.

but it's also been very well addressed that defenses are more physical today than people want to admit, less physical in the past than people want to admit, and that defensive strategies are far more advanced than ever after illegal defense rules were done away with. do some research instead of just saying cliche crap.
    Teams are scoring 70 to 75 points by halftime. So whatever defensive strategies they’re implementing it isn’t ing working. The rule changes were meant to open up the game. You know this. It was all about increasing the ratings and getting more fans in the building. It worked. It’s no different than the current NFL landscape of quarterbacks. Once upon a time when a quarterback threw for 4000 yards it was a landmark season. Now if you throw for less than that you suck and are benched or traded. The rules changed.. It’s all about all offense..

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Depends on who you are talking about. Some would, some wouldn't, imo.
    haha well with that logic then Mike wouldn't develop a 3pt shot considering he was a psychopath obsessed at being the absolute best at anything and everything, developed many other aspects of his basketball game and yet never developed a good 3pt shot (except when stern shortened the line for him for a couple years to help him adjust back to the game after his gambling suspension )

just like the millions he's paid to be a better golfer and yet he still sucks at golf. no guarantee he'd be much better of a shooter, especially when he wouldn't be guarded by unathletic midgets every night.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    MJ would likely be weaker today too. A victim of today's society. Money did this to the sport. Common story.
    fair enough tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Teams are scoring 70 to 75 points by halftime. So whatever defensive strategies they’re implementing it isn’t ing working. The rule changes were meant to open up the game. You know this. It was all about increasing the ratings and getting more fans in the building. It worked. It’s no different than the current NFL landscape of quarterbacks. Once upon a time when a quarterback threw for 4000 yards it was a landmark season. Now if you throw for less than that you suck and are benched or traded. The rules changed.. It’s all about all offense..
    The naysayers are going to tell you it's because the athletes are far superior with advances in sports training/nutrition , etc. But if they ever change rules to what they were in the previous era,then we will see a far different game in both sports than we do today.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    all your post has been addressed dozens of times on these forums. again, do your research. league scoring is about what it's been for most of its existence, except for a stretch from around the mid 90s to the mid 00s where talent was rather low, and offenses were slow as molasses

no one was complaining about it during the 70s and 80s

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The naysayers are going to tell you it's because the athletes are far superior with advances in sports training/nutrition , etc. But if they ever change rules to what they were in the previous era,
    then we will see a far different game in both sports than we do today.
    explain the same rules existing in the 70s and 80s yet there was the same amount of scoring as in recent years

or the fact that even after the "rule changes" happened, that scoring in the league was for years still among the lowest in history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The naysayers are going to tell you it's because the athletes are far superior with advances in sports training/nutrition , etc. But if they ever change rules to what they were in the previous era,
    then we will see a far different game in both sports than we do today.
    And I will say the same thing to that that I have said before. It is far easier for an athlete to flourish with his skill set when physically you are not allowed to really touch him. The idea that Michael Jordan will not dominate the out of this league? I think nobody watched this man play in his prime. This guy was dunking from the ing free-throw line. That’s the level of athlete he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all your post has been addressed dozens of times on these forums. again, do your research. league scoring is about what it's been for most of its existence, except for a stretch from around the mid 90s to the mid 00s where talent was rather low, and offenses were slow as molasses

no one was complaining about it during the 70s and 80s
    All of your posts have been addressed as well. You are dug in on your point, and I am dug in on mine. The bottom line is they change the rules for a reason. If the league thought the talent level just sucked and it would change over the course of time there would be no need to change the rules. They changed them. Same thing with the NFL. I already explained that to you. It’s been changed forever. As have the stats have been changed forever. So we have to reevaluate everything.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    And I will say the same thing to that that I have said before. It is far easier for an athlete to flourish with his skill set when physically you are not allowed to really touch him. The idea that Michael Jordan will not dominate the out of this league? I think nobody watched this man play in his prime. This guy was dunking from the ing free-throw line. That’s the level of athlete he was.
    in game? or in dunk contests? because nearly every dunk contest participant these days can do that even Brent barry could do it

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    All of your posts have been addressed as well. You are dug in on your point, and I am dug in on mine. The bottom line is they change the rules for a reason. If the league thought the talent level just sucked and it would change over the course of time there would be no need to change the rules. They changed them. Same thing with the NFL. I already explained that to you. It’s been changed forever. As have the stats have been changed forever. So we have to reevaluate everything.
    do your research on the rule changes then because you clearly havent

and you didn't address how the "rules" allowed scoring from the 60s-early 90s to be around the same level as the current era, while for nearly a decade after the "rules changed" scoring remained remarkably low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well in your opinion you think mma and ufc is cool so there's that
    By the way I am still waiting for you to address this? Give me some context please? I’m waiting for it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    By the way I am still waiting for you to address this? Give me some context please? I’m waiting for it.
    lol mma

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in game? or in dunk contests? because nearly every dunk contest participant these days can do that even Brent barry could do it
    James harden can barely jump 2 inches off the ground and he’s averaging 35 points a game. My god you’re just trolling your ass off. How do you think James would do against Michael Jordan in a seven game series with equal talent on both teams? Serious question? What do you think Michael Jordan would do to him defensively?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I get it you’re re ed. Thank you for clearing that up.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    James harden can barely jump 2 inches off the ground and he’s averaging 35 points a game. My god you’re just trolling your ass off. How do you think James would do against Michael Jordan in a seven game series with equal talent on both teams? Serious question? What do you think Michael Jordan would do to him defensively?
    two inches ok and I'm the troll?

I'm not even comparing harden to Mike. never did, never will. the two are incomparable. not sure why you're getting so butthurt over things I never even said or think.

calm down, let your mma rage subside a bit maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two inches ok and I'm the troll?

I'm not even comparing harden to Mike. never did, never will. the two are incomparable. not sure why you're getting so butthurt over things I never even said or think.

calm down, let your mma rage subside a bit maybe
    Lol Is the response right? Good job buddy. You really had a strong argument on that one. Jesus Christ.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lol Is the response right? Good job buddy. You really had a strong argument on that one. Jesus Christ.
    so your idea of a "strong argument" is to argue a point I never even claimed or believe in the least bit?

cool story bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so your idea of a "strong argument" is to argue a point I never even claimed or believe in the least bit?

cool story bro
    You brought up something that has zero to do with basketball, all on your own. I asked you to provide some context and your response was to go LOL. I’m responding to your non-argument. I’m still waiting for you to tell me something. Anything on that subject?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You brought up something that has zero to do with basketball, all on your own. I asked you to provide some context and your response was to go LOL. I’m responding to your non-argument. I’m still waiting for you to tell me something. Anything on that subject?
    you actually didn't respond to it when you brought up the harden and Mike comparisons that I never made. nice try though

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    haha well with that logic then Mike wouldn't develop a 3pt shot considering he was a psychopath obsessed at being the absolute best at anything and everything, developed many other aspects of his basketball game and yet never developed a good 3pt shot (except when stern shortened the line for him for a couple years to help him adjust back to the game after his gambling suspension )

just like the millions he's paid to be a better golfer and yet he still sucks at golf. no guarantee he'd be much better of a shooter, especially when he wouldn't be guarded by unathletic midgets every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan does not need a three point shot in today’s game. Just drive the ball and they will call fouls over and over and over again. 83% from the line for his career. And the turn around jump shot. The mid range game. Nobody could stop it. You can’t touch him now. No physical defense whatsoever. He destroys the league. You know that.
    lol thinking MJ would easily get to the basket today

- Zone defense
    - Better mote athletic guard, not s like Starks or Ejlo

90s défense was terrible tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think Michael Jordan would do to him defensively?
    Nothing since Pippen would be the one guarding Harden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you actually didn't respond to it when you brought up the harden and Mike comparisons that I never made. nice try though
    Last I checked those men all play or played professional basketball. Pretty sure that’s correct. None of them are professional fighters in a cage. But I could be wrong. I know you are.
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 01-17-2021 at 06:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol thinking MJ would easily get to the basket today

- Zone defense
    - Better mote athletic guard, not s like Starks or Ejlo

90s défense was terrible tbh
    James Harden is a horrendous defender in any era of basketball. From 1970-2020. Name it he sucks at defense. Mostly because he doesn’t try. He saves it all for the other end. Gifs galore on the Internet of him waving his opponents to the basket as they blow right by him. I still find it funny that for all of these amazing things they do defensively in terms of strategy, teams are easily scoring 120+ points per game. Very interesting.

Thread Information