Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    James Harden is a horrendous defender in any era of basketball. From 1970-2020. Name it he sucks at defense. Mostly because he doesn’t try. He saves it all for the other end. Gifs galore on the Internet of him waving his opponents to the basket as they blow right by him. I still find it funny that for all of these amazing things they do defensively in terms of strategy, teams are easily scoring 120+ points per game. Very interesting.
    1. Harden great post defender. Can held his own vs power forward in high post brilliantly

2. Has something to do with shooting from 3 on high percentages and high pace of cource. Also more skilled guards in the league right now who can break down defenses with driving instead of plumbers like Craig Ehlo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Harden great post defender. Can held his own vs power forward in high post brilliantly

2. Has something to do with shooting from 3 on high percentages and high pace of cource. Also more skilled guards in the league right now who can break down defenses with driving instead of plumbers like Craig Ehlo
    If he put some effort into it there are areas that he could be effective, but he rarely does. He wants to save his energy for the other side of the court. A very common theme unfortunately in today’s game. Even Kawhi Leonard who was once a dominant two-way player is no longer a great defensive player. He’s focusing on the offense by his own admission.

Harden is a horrendous perimeter defender. The Rockets were constantly hiding him on defense even when he was younger. He had an inability to track his man on cuts, particularly when forced to work around screens. And because he likes to gamble on Steals he routinely gives up drives to the basket. Gifs galore on that one all over the Internet. Not guarding a elite offensive player, Just blowing straight by him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron would have averaged 116ppg on 200% shooting in the 80s and 90s
    He was an egg.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Last I checked those men all play or played professional basketball. Pretty sure that’s correct. None of them are professional fighters in a cage. But I could be wrong. I know you are.
    cool story bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can matador defense and camp out at the 3pt line all day too.

Todays NBA

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020* ®

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I can matador defense and camp out at the 3pt line all day too.

Todays NBA
    So why you don't? You don't need 30 millions per year? You either rich or ascetic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why you don't? You don't need 30 millions per year? You either rich or ascetic
    It wasnt the NBA, but in a city league game against another team of scrubs I was 6/6 from the 3pt line. I just camped out at the 3 and waited for a wide open J. I took it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It wasnt the NBA, but in a city league game against another team of scrubs I was 6/6 from the 3pt line. I just camped out at the 3 and waited for a wide open J. I took it.
    You're good shooter

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think you are ready made for today's NBA, tbh. Bryn Forbes played zero defense and somehow got a deal.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I think you are ready made for today's NBA, tbh.
    sadly, you probably arent even trolling

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sadly, you probably arent even trolling
    5 year, 100 million dollar deal for lebomb,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 year, 100 million dollar deal for lebomb,
    Depends on who I’m offered by. I ain’t playing for anyone. I’m going straight Harden on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stat padding vs a team of scrubs
    Sounds like Jordan vs his ty compe ion but at least you didn’t need referee help to beat th’sr wcrubs like Jordan did

Yesterday’s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stat padding vs a team of scrubs
    Sounds like Jordan vs his ty compe ion but at least you didn’t need referee help to beat th’sr wcrubs like Jordan did

Yesterday’s NBA
    Actually we lost the ship to a group of white guys that never shot a 3. They shared the ball, got great open 2pt shots and played great defense. These dudes also beat a young team of niggras that were dunking the ball and firing up uncontested 3’s. Real NBA > Today’s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no........no, no, no!! We aint lettin disheeer thread die. Not until I get 90% of yall to agree the REAL NBA would dominate this soft ass, no defense, cant hit a 2pt jumper, 6'-8" PG, 6'-8" SG, 6'-8" SF, 6'-8" PF, and 6'-8" center (all deez niggras weigh 175lbs) havin Todays NBA.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh no........no, no, no!! We aint lettin disheeer thread die. Not until I get 90% of yall to agree the REAL NBA would dominate this soft ass, no defense, cant hit a 2pt jumper, 6'-8" PG, 6'-8" SG, 6'-8" SF, 6'-8" PF, and 6'-8" center (all deez niggras weigh 175lbs) havin Todays NBA.
    One thing that always get's lost in the shuffle here on this particular topic is the fact that basketball is a rhythm sport. You break team's/player's rhythm by being physical with them. Something you can not do today, hence the explosive stat lines.

Then again, I recall many people ing in the 90's that the game was too rough and messy. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I'll take the Spurs/Pistons 2005 NBA finals over the Warriors/Cavs of the late 10's any day. Much less points overall means each point is more meaningful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that always get's lost in the shuffle here on this particular topic is the fact that basketball is a rhythm sport. You break team's/player's rhythm by being physical with them. Something you can not do today, hence the explosive stat lines.

Then again, I recall many people ing in the 90's that the game was too rough and messy. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I'll take the Spurs/Pistons 2005 NBA finals over the Warriors/Cavs of the late 10's any day. Much less points overall means each point is more meaningful.
    Agreed 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skilled players will just let breaking their rhythm to their advantage. Anybody who ever played the game will tell you it’s actually easier to get into a scoring rhythm by being roughed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skilled players will just let breaking their rhythm to their advantage. Anybody who ever played the game will tell you it’s actually easier to get into a scoring rhythm by being roughed up.
    ISO era also made it easier for scorers
    KD, Kobe, heck even that chucker Melo would have dominated in that era

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    isnt it just common knowledge that 6'2 165 lb unathletic players with maybe 10-12 years of organized playing experience can completely lock up 6'8 250 lb world class athletes who have played organized ball since they were 5 by simply getting physical and roughing them up?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll just provide one example of many. How did that work out for the Spurs in 04? Up 2-0 on LA. Parker is running wild on them. Then insert Shaq in GM3 knocking him on his ass and before you know it, the whole complexion of the series has changed and they get back door swept.

So yeah, it's easier only for the most mentally tough players to get back into rhythm after being roughed up.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ISO era also made it easier for scorers
    KD, Kobe, heck even that chucker Melo would have dominated in that era
    Melo is an empty calorie stat player in any era.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Melo is an empty calorie stat player in any era.
    were there empty calorie stat players in the 80s and 90s?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    were there empty calorie stat players in the 80s and 90s?
    Michael Jordan without Phil and Scottie
    Wilkins
    Dantley
    English

Thread Information