Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real NBA of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's is vastly better than Todays NBA.

......and here is why:

Todays NBA

Fat PGs that chuck 3's
    7'-2" SGs
    Centers with 3pt green light
    Matadore defense
    brush a s arm is a flaggrant foul
    120lb. PF's (basically there are no real PF's)
    Noone can hit a 2pt shot anymore
    Superstars living at the FT all game
    8 crossovers bringin ball up, only to turn it over
    3pt shots and layups is all teams offense

Clearly the REAL NBA was way, way better and required more talent.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The real NBA of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's is vastly better than Todays NBA.

......and here is why:

Todays NBA

Fat PGs that chuck 3's
    7'-2" SGs
    Matadore defense

Yesterday's NBA is more fun to watch but make no mistake about it - Yesterday's NBA plumbers would've been skullf***ed by today's players. Skill beats overrated "physicality". Patrick Ewing would be Roy Hibbert in today's nba. 80's and 90's plumbers would be run out of the f***ing gym

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Yes. That's why unskilled stiffs and scrubs like Kurt Rambis, Mark Eaton, Charles Oakley were starters. They were talented at being tall, strong and waste of space. Instead of those bums we have talented young studs like Trae Young, Damian Lillard. Centers who can shoot, pass and defend multiple positions and etc.

More talent in 90's and 80's lol. I'm not even talking about international players

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Last edited by i'm_still_beta; 01-11-2021 at 02:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there is alway YouTube if you prefer tbh

But be aware that you will have regrets when you realize you could have been a starter in the 80s/90s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's players are more athletic and talented in general, but mentally they're softer. Just imagining the NBA allowing hand-checking and harder fouls ala the mid-00s is . Players like Harden and Dominos would an hero by halftime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. That's why unskilled stiffs and scrubs like Kurt Rambis, Mark Eaton, Charles Oakley were starters. They were talented at being tall, strong and waste of space. Instead of those bums we have talented young studs like Trae Young, Damian Lillard. Centers who can shoot, pass and defend multiple positions and etc.

More talent in 90's and 80's lol. I'm not even talking about international players

AI
    Barkley
    Shawn Kemp
    Bird
    Magic
    Penny
    D. Robinson would dominate in todays NBA
    Stockton
    Malone would destroy the PFs or so called PFs now
    MJ
    Bernard King
    Olajuwan
    Gary Payton
    Clyde Drexler

Stop naming off 6th men homie . These dudes above would mop the floor with half Todays NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ would avg 47pts a game in Todays NBA. With no hand checking, and light as a feather fouls? LMAO

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is undeniable, tbh.

MJ would avg 47pts a game in Todays NBA. With no hand checking, and light as a feather fouls? LMAO

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Saw a mini do entary on DROB posted by lefty. The narrator compared him to Giannis which I had never actually considered, but come to think about it, I think it's a fair comparison. But I'd much rather have David than Giannis, tbh. The guy was a beast on the defensive end and was able to check studs like Shaq.

And people in this forum seem to think guys like Price and Stockton wouldn't be much today. I beg to differ. They make up for the lack in athleticism with grit and wit. And they were lights out from distance which is what matters in today's boring game. Their stats would be inflated today just like Trae Young's stats are inflated.

AI
    Barkley
    Shawn Kemp
    Bird
    Magic
    Penny
    D. Robinson would dominate in todays NBA
    Stockton
    Malone would destroy the PFs or so called PFs now
    MJ
    Bernard King
    Olajuwan
    Gary Payton
    Clyde Drexler

Stop naming off 6th men homie . These dudes above would mop the floor with half Todays NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

If you want to have an idea of what MJ would be like today, look no further than the guy wearing 10 for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Today's players are more athletic and talented in general, but mentally they're softer. Just imagining the NBA allowing hand-checking and harder fouls ala the mid-00s is . Players like Harden and Dominos would an hero by halftime.
    This is also undeniable, tbh.

I think a select few would be fine in the 90's, like Lebron. Built like a truck so he's good. Trae Young would be mop up time, end of bench, tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

......and here is why:

Todays NBA

Fat PGs that chuck 3's
    7'-2" SGs
    Matadore defense
    8 crossovers bringin ball up, only to turn it over

lol utsa
    lol mma

your credibility is shot, thus your opinion is shot. sorry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

If you want to have an idea of what MJ would be like today, look no further than the guy wearing 10 for the Spurs
    Kawhi actually is the closet to Jordan when it comes to play style. He has the big hands and long arms like Jordan. He also has the same post up game along with an identical fadeaway What Kawhi lacks that Jordan has is Jordan's super athletic ability along with Jordan's quick first step. He also doesn't have Jordan's leadership, high basketball IQ, along with Jordan's great durability.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Brutal 80's gladiators who are supossed to destroy LeBron every time he drives to the basket

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kawhi actually is the closet to Jordan when it comes to play style. He has the big hands and long arms like Jordan. He also has the same post up game along with an identical fadeaway What Kawhi lacks that Jordan has is Jordan's super athletic ability along with Jordan's quick first step. He also doesn't have Jordan's leadership, high basketball IQ, along with Jordan's great durability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't know how you can say Jordan doesn't have a high basketball IQ.

I didn't agree with Jordan's leadership methods but it worked. There are two types of leaders in the NBA from what I have seen on championship teams. You are either in the mold of a Russell,Duncan,Bird,Hakeem, in the sense you are laid back/stoic but know how to bring a team together through camaraderie and leading by example. The other type of leadership is Jordan,Kobe,Draymond in which you lead through being a ruthless dictator and demand the best from your teammates and don't tolerate disrespect.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I didn't agree with Jordan's leadership methods but it worked. There are two types of leaders in the NBA from what I have seen on championship teams. You are either in the mold of a Russell,Duncan,Bird,Hakeem, in the sense you are laid back/stoic but know how to bring a team together through camaraderie and leading by example. The other type of leadership is Jordan,Kobe,Draymond in which you lead through being a ruthless dictator and demand the best from your teammates and don't tolerate disrespect.
    Jordan's leadership methods work with stacked team's like 90's Bulls, I agree.

If passing out of double teams (something he wasn't smart enough to do in the 80's) and gambling defense (that payed off more often than not because he was such a great athlete) is high basketball iq, then I agree once again.

I don't say that Jordan is dumb. No. But he isn't smart either. He's average. Sports fans tend to exaggerate intellectual abilities of their heroes. Some guy on RealGm wrote that LeBron is one of the brightest people he had ever seen and that LeBron would be very succesful at any field he'd have chosen (I hope it was trolling). Imagine LeBron concentrating on coding, figure skating or nuclear bombs. He would be the best at that (no).

Jordan never seemed to have high basketball iq, at least in my eyes. He was just extremely athletic and skilled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was an overrated defender, as mentioned in the post above he gambled often on steals and offensively he took a lot of bad shots, good thing he was guarded by smaller part time janitors and MTV rap rejects

Pippen and Phil brought the basketball IQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bird was known as one of the biggest assholes around.

Hakeem led his team by forcing trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today’s NBA players shoot a higher percentage 3 pt shot than they do a 2pt shot. Not counting Undefended layups that they make constantly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird was known as one of the biggest assholes around.

Hakeem led his team by forcing trades.
    Larry was an asshole towards his opponents but not his teammates. Robert Parish confirmed this in an interview he had with his former teammate Cedric Maxwell. Parish said that Bird was never an ass hole in practice or barked at his teammates like Jordan did. Parish stated that Bird would leave you alone when you were playing bad.

Hakeem was a terrible teammate up until he found Islam so you are right about that. I should have been clear and said when Hakeem matured he became a great leader which is correct.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan's leadership methods work with stacked team's like 90's Bulls, I agree.

If passing out of double teams (something he wasn't smart enough to do in the 80's) and gambling defense (that payed off more often than not because he was such a great athlete) is high basketball iq, then I agree once again.

I don't say that Jordan is dumb. No. But he isn't smart either. He's average. Sports fans tend to exaggerate intellectual abilities of their heroes. Some guy on RealGm wrote that LeBron is one of the brightest people he had ever seen and that LeBron would be very succesful at any field he'd have chosen (I hope it was trolling). Imagine LeBron concentrating on coding, figure skating or nuclear bombs. He would be the best at that (no).

Jordan never seemed to have high basketball iq, at least in my eyes. He was just extremely athletic and skilled.
    1.Jordan's basketball IQ was pretty good considering he was able to play off the ball while Pippen ran the offense. Not many superstars can play off the ball and know what spots to get to the way Jordan was able to operate in the triangle . Recently I would say Curry is the only guy I have seen who was a superstar that was good at playing off the ball. I guess you could say the same about Durant when he played with the Warriors. Jordan was also good at playing angles along with being an above average play maker.

2. Obviously outside of basketball Jordan and Lebron are not geniuses. I would never say Jordan has an above average IQ outside of basketball. We are talking about basketball not whether these guys can solve algebraic equations. TBH I think both Lebron and MJ would be working at Walmart or be in jail if it wasn't for basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan doesn't have Kawhi's 3pt shooting, and he's considerably shorter. Not in height, but in length.

Thread Information