get everyone ready to bubble.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bubble for a month or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players said the bubble was hard because family weren't allowed. They were isolated. It was only for like 2 months. Imagine 6 months of it? More time for the corona to get in the bubble too. At this point in time, I would suggest the league continues and have a play in tournament that's much bigger.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What about the vaccine? any of the NBA players or coaches got it yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season was a stupid idea as they planned it. They should have done it in the bubble again.
    It cost $200 million to do that and that took like three months. During 72 games + playoffs would probably be triple that. Plus players seeming seriously hated the experience.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the vaccine? any of the NBA players or coaches got it yet?
    That's how it will end. Money matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shows what little I know about the TV deals. Back-to-back-to-backs and/or season going into September or October here we come, I guess. It's hard to imagine there being only one pause.
    They may have to shut it down, quarantine, and go back into the bubble. With no fans, there’s really no difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It cost $200 million to do that and that took like three months. During 72 games + playoffs would probably be triple that. Plus players seeming seriously hated the experience.
    Which would they hate more, going back to Orlando, or having the season and their paychecks cancelled?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which would they hate more, going back to Orlando, or having the season and their paychecks cancelled?
    I'm surprised the NBA got this far with how much travel is necessary for it. Went from the best run to the stupidest run league in a couple of months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any arenas have allowed fans in the stadium anyways.. So there's no ticket or concession sales for any teams... Might as well just do the bubble again. Less travel costs. How many courts does ESPN at Disney have? I know they only had about half the teams in the Bubble last year and didn't have the lowest ranked teams there, so would it cause issues if the entire league were to play there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any arenas have allowed fans in the stadium anyways.. So there's no ticket or concession sales for any teams... Might as well just do the bubble again. Less travel costs. How many courts does ESPN at Disney have? I know they only had about half the teams in the Bubble last year and didn't have the lowest ranked teams there, so would it cause issues if the entire league were to play there?
    They’d have to play games all day, every day. I think they have two courts. Maybe they can construct more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bubble was all but 8 teams last year. They should bring it back but have teams bring their own floors so it still looks like you're watching a Lakers home game or a Spurs home game etc.

EDIT: maybe not on the teams own floors since there are only 3 arenas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bubble isn't going to happen in the RS...100% guarantee it. the logistics of getting this many teams to a bubble for 6+ months in quarantine? not going to happen imo. too many complained about being a bubble for 2 months, no one is going to want to be there for 6, and players' families arent going to uproot their lives for half a year to live in a hotel bubble environment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bubble isn't going to happen in the RS...100% guarantee it. the logistics of getting this many teams to a bubble for 6+ months in quarantine? not going to happen imo. too many complained about being a bubble for 2 months, no one is going to want to be there for 6, and players' families arent going to uproot their lives for half a year to live in a hotel bubble environment
    If it keeps them from losing the season they'll do it, too much money at stake. The English strain could be a big monkey wrench into the league's original plans for the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players said the bubble was hard because family weren't allowed. They were isolated. It was only for like 2 months. Imagine 6 months of it? More time for the corona to get in the bubble too. At this point in time, I would suggest the league continues and have a play in tournament that's much bigger.
    These guys are spoiled to the core. Guys in the military have to go several months to even a year without seeing their families. Sure it will suck ass for six months not seeing your family but the NBA can give visitation rights to these guys families to visit them or even allow them to live with them in the bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it keeps them from losing the season they'll do it, too much money at stake. The English strain could be a big monkey wrench into the league's original plans for the season.

the players association would need to agree to it also, and given it took like 200M to get a couple months done you can probably more than triple that amount given the amount of teams. i just dont see it happening tbh. NBA would likely pause the season and vaccinate the players before entering another bubble. maybe for the playoffs but i dont see a regular season bubble happening for 60 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys are spoiled to the core. Guys in the military have to go several months to even a year without seeing their families. Sure it will suck ass for six months not seeing your family but the NBA can give visitation rights to these guys families to visit them or even allow them to live with them in the bubble.
    dude, who cares. this is not the military. using the military as a comparison to the NBA makes zero sense and it's not a good point at all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, who cares. this is not the military. using the military as a comparison to the NBA makes zero sense and it's not a good point at all
    Well you care. No it's a great comparison. They are getting millions of dollars to be pampered at 5 star hotels in the bubble. Just making a point things could be worse. Guys in the military have to deal with worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a strain mutates doesn’t that mean the virus is getting weaker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the players association would need to agree to it also, and given it took like 200M to get a couple months done you can probably more than triple that amount given the amount of teams. i just dont see it happening tbh. NBA would likely pause the season and vaccinate the players before entering another bubble. maybe for the playoffs but i dont see a regular season bubble happening for 60 games
    That ain't happening. Probably will be waiting until summer before we'll be done with vaccinating all the 65+ and high risk people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a strain mutates doesn’t that mean the virus is getting weaker?
    No, and we’re lucky it didn’t get more deadly. It’s roughly 60% more contagious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ain't happening. Probably will be waiting until summer before we'll be done with vaccinating all the 65+ and high risk people.
    Yup. The NBA took major for having 100s of players tested every day, while there were almost no tests available to the general public. Silver already said they wouldn’t line jump for the vaccine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’d have to play games all day, every day. I think they have two courts. Maybe they can construct more?
    The bubble was all but 8 teams last year. They should bring it back but have teams bring their own floors so it still looks like you're watching a Lakers home game or a Spurs home game etc.

EDIT: maybe not on the teams own floors since there are only 3 arenas
    It looks like their HP Field House could be configured to have four courts, same with their AdventHealth Arena. That's looking at an 8 court max for 8 concurrent games. Looking at the schedule, NBA's busiest nights have 11-12 games that day, could easily be doable at two arenas with multiple courts and they wouldn't have to have games all day long. Maybe time slots from 4PM with the last games ending at 12AM or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have nothing against re-starting in 14 days. It should help the Spurs regroup and bring a healthier team together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you care. No it's a great comparison. They are getting millions of dollars to be pampered at 5 star hotels in the bubble. Just making a point things could be worse. Guys in the military have to deal with worse.
    No I don't care about the military in this situation you're the one that brought it up. What I'm telling you is that it's completely irrelevant to bring that up like you're making a point. Dudes in the military signed up for that. Comparing the top 1% of all ball players in the world who are all young millionaires to people in the military is dumb as . People in the military also die for their job. Should nba players be willing to die for the nba too?

Thread Information