OL Jared Veldheer, just signed after playing for the Colts last Sunday can make playoff history with Packers.

Signed to the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad at the end of the season, he was elevated to the active roster to start in the Colts’ playoff loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Former Cardinals OL Jared Veldheer can make playoff history with Packers (usatoday.com)

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol

That guy is a complete marshmallow against the bull rush... DeMarcus Lawrence completely obliterated him 3 seasons ago in Arizona for 4 sacks and 13 (!!) pressures on the QB. In a single game.

If they seriously intend to start him at LT, Leonard Floyd will have a banner day, similar to Mostert at tail back last year...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Veldheer sucks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    #LeonardFloydTime

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Veldheer didn't play against the Rams

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Vita Vea Back. Packers O-Line is gonna get crushed #TampaTom #GreenBaySucks

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like, as per this thread le Mul roll, it will be Tramon Williams after all who will earn this distinction. this 38 year old corner that never goes away. He's assy in coverage so him starting is great for the Bucs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tramon Williams would have been a better option than Kevin Kng, right GAustex BD24 TheCultOfPersonality resistanze?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Does Aaron Rodgers go to the 49ers, tbh? GB has already committed multiple resources to Jordan Love, and the Packers would save significant money by designating Rodgers a June 1 cut if they trade him to the 49ers. Packers are currently well over the cap and need to cut resources. 49ers are a QB (and their injured superstars returning on defense/running back/Kittle) away from a championship.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Solid post.

I personally have been surprised by all the rumors of Watson going to New York. It doesn't really make much sense from any standpoint, considering his stance with Houston. The only way I could see Watson wanting to go to New York is due to marketability, otherwise New York is arguably in just a bad position as the Texans.

Miami I suppose makes sense. But their GM committed to Tua relatively early in the offseason. , they committed to Tua when Fitzpatrick was hot. Watson is a different animal, but thats a lot of capital to give up for a team that doesn't need much to potentially be elite.

Carolina doesn't necessarily have the capital as Miami or NYJ, but they have a couple of things working out for them. The connection Carolina has to Watson is obviously there. They have a ton of weapons and some young pieces they could flip for Watson. I've heard some big names go around from Jeremy Chin to Brian Burns to Christian McCaffrey. I'd rather we stick with draft capital to flip for him.

Of course, there's also been rumblings that the Panthers would love to trade Detroit for Stafford & include Bridgewater in that deal. That's also attractive to me - to a lesser extent. Stafford is a great QB, but he's not proven to be a winner & I think Indianapolis fits his mold at this point. Interesting fit you have with Chicago I like it.

The two real X-factors are Dak Prescott/Dallas and Aaron Rodgers/Green Bay. Rodgers to SF would be dangerous. I'd love to steal Prescott from Dallas low key as well. We can still get a potentially elite QB at 8. The draft is super QB heavy.
    Rodgers to SF would make them Super Bowl favorites even over Brady and Mahomes, tbh. No question. Unlike Green Bay, SF has an elite head coach, scheme, running game, defense (when healthy), and fanbase (2020 not withstanding).

The draft is super QB heavy, but Lawrence is the only blue chip. The rest are definitely not slam-dunks. Guys like Fields, Jones, Wilson etc will be taken in the first round but the question is where. None of them are the BPA at #2, #3 which is why I suggested Jets take BPA and stick with Darnold at least one more year because he's been solid when he's been healthy and had weapons healthy. There are 2 blue chips each at OT, WR and CB this year, plus a blue chip LB in Parsons. All of them would be BPA over every QB in this class not named Lawrence. Of course some QB's will plausibly be overdrafted.

Stafford is a good fit in Chicago because he fits their scheme and they are in a win now mode with that defense and head coach. They're in the "a QB away" category. Stafford is consistently the #9 QB in the NFL. He's too old to go to a team like Carolina IMO which should be looking to win for now AND the future and not just win now. Carolina should be gunning hard for Watson.

Watson to NYJ would be a terrible fit, they are a perennial losing franchise, and the Dolphins are pretty much committed to Tua for at least another couple years, and as long as Fitzpatrick doesn't retire they won't have to worry about a second option there and can perennially contend for a wild card with that talent they have on defense. They missed the playoffs at 10-6 for crying out loud.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks Fields is a blue chip QB has to be joking. People were in love with Trashkins going into the draft as well. tOSU BQBs? Nope. Their defense guys are good to draft, though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Paging Mul roll

How'd those Packers garbage bin dumpster-dives look, tbh?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why would Bienamy take a sideways (actually downward) position as OC vs just remain at KC for the attempted 3 peat?

And Houstons new head coach was the bird brain behind the Ravens last rated passing attack? Unless he had NO say in their crappy receiver's i saw an inept offensive passing game.
    Houston's new head coach is bad. No I was saying Bieniemy should have taken Houston's HC job (not OC) to save Watson in Houston. I believe Bieniemy was the only guy Watson would have truly played for in order to stay in Houston. Now he's gone, even though they signed a black head coach apparently he's an old hack and Watson still wants out.

Bieniemy is like McDaniels, he has the KC job if he wants it after Reid retires... or dies of a heart attack. But is he willing to stick it out? I don't think Reid will last until the end of Mahomes' career, tbh. He eats too much.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    My thoughts on the trade:

- Los Angeles was obviously in a no-win situation. McVay and Goff's relationship had gone completely sour, to the point of no return. Goff wanted out & McVay wanted to move on. The reason the Rams had to give so many draft picks was because the tremendous over-inflated contract that Goff had. It was NBA-esque. They save a ton by trading him instead of releasing him. They didn't even want him to start.

- The Lions new GM was the one that drafted Goff, so it makes sense to see why this trade took place. Stafford also personally asked to be traded to Los Angeles. Reportedly seven teams offered first round draft picks, including Carolina, Denver, San Fransisco, Indianapolis & Washington.

- Goff has a good resume at 26 years old, hitting 4600 yards twice & taking his team to a Super Bowl. The past two years have been dreadful for him, as an outsider fan living in LA. The fans don't believe in him. His stats suggest at his age he would have a breakout year coming up, but it is as if he has reached his peak, prime to regress. Fumbles and interceptions are a problem for him. You can typically tell if he's going to win with the game on the line solely off his facial expression before the drive starts. You can argue that he has had high turnover at receiver (Watkins, Cooks), but he still has a ton of weapons. Draft capital obviously doesn't matter to LA - they've made the playoffs five out of the last six seasons without a first rounder. They are a QB away.

- Stafford is no doubt an upgrade, an Ironman, and has big game experience, dating back from High School & college. He needs to prove he can lead a team and win PERIOD. But he has the coaching, organization and personnel committed not only to the Rams, but to winning a Super Bowl. Stafford is only 33, is top five all time in comeback wins, and will be the face of LA for the next 7-8 years.

I feel like a lot of people look at & judge Stafford based on his years with Calvin Johnson. After Johnson retired, he remained one of the most consistent, profilic passers in the league. People asking if Goff and Stafford are on the same level clearly lack understanding of the position.
    Since when has Stafford been an ironman? He's missed considerable time in the past two seasons.

Stafford is also a shotgun quarterback, not really built for the quick under-center, run-heavy, bootleg-heavy RPO style offense of McVay... Am I the only one that thinks that Boy Wonder may be seriously on the hot seat in LA if the Rams underperform next year, i.e. don't make the playoffs?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Since when has Stafford been an ironman? He's missed considerable time in the past two seasons
    ????

Thread Information