Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously, he wouldn't get the green light like he has right now in Washington, D.C. (though Pop did heavily encourage both Neal and Green to pull if they were open)... but what kind of player would he be for us?

How would he be behind/ahead of in the depth charts? His ability to pull from 30 ft. would space the floor out like no other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop’s whipping boy, tbh.

This team has enough defensive woes as it is. A frontline of Aldridge and Bertans?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop’s whipping boy, tbh.

This team has enough defensive woes as it is. A frontline of Aldridge and Bertans?
    Thought Davis was a decent defender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'd be part of a good bench unit with Mills and Poeltl. His shooting and floor-running would probably shine on the fast-paced team SA has today. He might even start, though he really does seem like a bench player. I strongly doubt Davis would still be on the team is not traded. The club just didn't have the money, even without Carroll's contract.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    should be starting for this team since we have no PF

in reality if he were still here he'd be like the 8th or 9th man, probably playing 20mpg off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Providing Pop didn't totally lost it, he should be a starter.

Murray
    DeRozan
    Bertans
    Keldon
    Aldridge

Mills
    Walker
    Vassell
    Gay
    Poeltl

Take Vassell out of the rotation when White gets back.

Bertans would fit like a glove in the suppossed new style that Pop wants to play. Both offense and defense would get significantly better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhere between Trey Lyles and Rudy Gay probably

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well. Keeping him means no Luka Samanic. Right?

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, Keeping him means no Carrol and that's about it. We literally traded him for cash consideration and space to get Morris who ended up being a lying piece of

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At&t center custodian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Handing Trey Lyles a towel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, Keeping him means no Carrol and that's about it. We literally traded him for cash consideration and space to get Morris who ended up being a lying piece of
    I can't believe we lost Bertans for two guys who literally did NOTHING for the team.

I'm not sure who the bigger piece of is....Morris who ed out of his contract, or Carroll who did nothing but wear stupid clothes and take up a spot on the bench before demanding a buyout.

At least Carroll is out of the league now for being the soft punk that he is.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe we lost Bertans for two guys who literally did NOTHING for the team.

I'm not sure who the bigger piece of is....Morris who ed out of his contract, or Carroll who did nothing but wear stupid clothes and take up a spot on the bench before demanding a buyout.

At least Carroll is out of the league now for being the soft punk that he is.
    Eh I feel like Morris was the way bigger POS. We took a little bit of a flyer on an older 3rd rate player coming off of an injury, he wasn't super prepared to fight his way back to top level compe ion and part of that wasn't knowing the Spurs system asks for and is granted a bit out to make a final go at the league with one of his former teams at basically a minimum deal.

That's what a guy pulling at the last straws of his basketball career does. Not really his fault. Bad liver, reconstructed knee after a basketball injury, reconstructed ankle after a bullet, can't exactly blame him for taking the best deals offered for basketball, didn't hear anything about him not working to make it back to playing level just wasn't able to be there at 33 with those issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertie got lots of FGA's with the Spurs.
    The problem was they were in the Pop Bryn Forms era. So defenses could easily handle Pops Patty-Bryn combo so many of Berties shot's were forced.

Also during the time when LMA and DD did ZERO to spread the floor. Opposing defenses didn't have to bother to guard LMA or DD for the trey. DD literally was a zero threat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team would be better off. Provides a lot of mobility at the 4 and still a better rebounder than a lot of our guards.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt we give him his current contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a good amount of gay's minutes, and would spell derozan/keldon some to prevent wear. would play in place of lyles to the extent he's getting minutes

at full strength the team would be pretty damn deep, like those days we used to empty the bench and still roll some teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't get any playing time because he's a horrible defender and barely rebounds.

I doubt he'd be on the team anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team would be better off. Provides a lot of mobility at the 4 and still a better rebounder than a lot of our guards.
    Only Patty others are close or better. Rebounding is the one thing RC was disappointed about Bertans development when he was interviewed in the summer league. I think overall the Spurs FO were down on him , he never really changed his style of play. They were already rumors that they were trying to trade him on the trade deadline prior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought Davis was a decent defender?
    He’s a 6’10” Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Bertans is a good defender"

Just because he can block some shots does not mean he is a good defender.

His lateral quickness is so bad it virtually solves none of our current problems.

He offers some weakside rim protection but doesn't have the strength to stay in front of players going in for a strong drive.

It would be as if Trey Lyles was more accurate with his 3s.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-13-2021 at 09:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Bertans is a good defender"

Just because he can block some shots does not mean he is a good defender.

His lateral quickness is so bad it virtually solves none of our current problems.

He offers some weakside rim protection but doesn't have the strength to stay in front of players going in for a strong drive.

Except Lyles is a much better rebounder.

ST: I hate today’s NBA, where all that players do is shoot 3 pointers!

Also ST: We should have kept a player who’s only skill is shooting 3 pointers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’d have been called 80Bert, would have cost the Spurs ability to keep a player or two in order to stay under the tax. He’d have shot some 3s, been roasted on defense and would have had minimal impact. He’d also have been the ST whipping boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more accurate but also a much quicker trigger. lyles tries to pump and drive too often

Thread Information