Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oladipo hasn't looked the same since his quad exploded. I probably would rather have LeVert, tbh.
    Houston wanted him because he's an expiring contract that can play some this year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I think Harden's issues were intentional sabotage. Watch him get into shape in about a month.

Doesn't change the ref reliance tbh. He's also been low-key fat for a few years now, just not whale-sized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm suddenly really hype for the Rockettes games, tbh. We'll be the first team to taste the aftermath of the Harden trade. Will make for interesting games regardless of outcome, tbh, but we'd better get those 2 Ws

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point.

Oladipo (exploded quad), Wall (exploded achilles), Cousins (exploded achilles and ACL, right?), Nwaba (exploded achilles), House (exploded with the hired help in the bubble), Gordon (knee exploded a couple times) ... forgot who else is on that scrub, tbh
    Is Cuomo going to shut down NY with Harden in town? The guy is a walking spreader probably patient zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this circus, I wonder whether there is a correlation between L/W -or any other measurement of success- and the number of "trades" these -irrelevant- teams do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: Durant, Harris, Jordan, Harden, Irving

Bench: Green, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Shamet, Brown

Deep bench: Johnson, Claxton, Chiozza (2 way), Perry (2 way), Dinwiddie (out for season)

Starters: Love, Okoro, Drummond, Sexton, Garland

Bench: Allen, Nance Jr., Osman, Porter Jr., Windler, Prince, Dotson

Deep bench: Dellavedova, McGee, Wade, Stephens (2 way), Bolden (2 way)

Starters: Tucker, House, Wood, Oladipo, Wall

Bench: Gordon, Cousins, Exum, McLemore, Tate, Brown, Nwaba

Deep bench: Kurucs, Caboclo, Martin Jr., Jones (2 way), Thomas (2 way), Clemons (out for season)

Starters: Sabonis, Warren, Turner, LeVert, Brogdon

Bench: Lamb, J. Holiday, McDermott, A. Holiday, McConnell

Deep bench: Bitadze, Sampson, Sumner, Martin, Lecque, Stanley (2 way), Bowen (2 way)

Nets depth, defense and rebounding definitely got worse and chemistry probably did too. The firepower is historic though (two elite first options, a second tier first option, plus tons of shooting). If/when it fails and provided they have Durant's blessing, they probably look to trade Irving for depth within' 18 months.

Drummond is obviously on the outs. Allen is an upgrade and the cost was relatively low.

Obviously TBD, pending what becomes of the picks and Oladipo (health, whether he's rerouted, re-signed or walks), but despite all the draft capital, they failed to land a young centerpiece. They should trade Tucker now.

A blah replacement for a franchise perpetually stuck in the upper tier of that space, but also a sensible, cost controlled, younger option in LeVert.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-13-2021 at 06:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm suddenly really hype for the Rockettes games, tbh. We'll be the first team to taste the aftermath of the Harden trade. Will make for interesting games regardless of outcome, tbh, but we'd better get those 2 Ws
    If we don't sweep them, blow it up, TBH.

I know they will play with a chip on their shoulder, and this give other players the opportunity to show up, but still....

On the side note: I clearly believe the Spurs could have assemble a better packer for Harden than what they got, if they wanted to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie/Harden/Durant - In NY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-13-2021 at 05:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't sweep them, blow it up, TBH.

I know they will play with a chip on their shoulder, and this give other players the opportunity to show up, but still....

On the side note: I clearly believe the Spurs could have assemble a better packer for Harden than what they got, if they wanted to.
    Nah, never underestimate a team with an at ude that's dropped a locker room cancer that was weighting them down. They'll come at us going 120% just to spite Harden and show him "what he's missing". I'd obviously love for the Spurs to win both games, but overreacting to a loss given this context wouldn't be wise (though that's never stopped ST of course).

On that sidenote, I don't think the Spurs will ever pull the trigger on a package that would send out that many of their picks, tbh, nor pick swaps. We're probably one of the teams in the league that values picks the most, wherever they might be, even second rounders are truly valuable to the Spurs FO. The most we'd do is a trade with some of our current players, none of which are at a level worthy of a Harden trade package (yet).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these divas and leaving teams left and right. All of them are gots. Durant, Nephew, Irving, Harden. Hope all these MFers end up broke.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Boston loses to the Nets in the reg seasons, I could see them trading for DDR with their trade exception and picks. I would even see Knicks, Heat interested to keep up with the Joneses.
    Last edited by LurkingSpursFan; 01-13-2021 at 05:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR, Lonnie going to a 3rd team for a pick that goes to Houston, 2022, 2024, 2026 and swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027 - all unprotected. Who’d have done it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR, Lonnie going to a 3rd team for a pick that goes to Houston, 2022, 2024, 2026 and swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027 - all unprotected. Who’d have done it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Pacers starting 5 is sexy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing dumbass Trumper owner. Everything Trump touches dies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that Durant/Harden/Kyrie team is gonna implode real quick. , Irving might not even play basketball again.
    nah, if focused, they will be unstoppable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Cavs have Drummond, Allen, McGee, Nance JR, Love, and...am I missing another PF/C?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is almost never focused anymore.
    This is now a team of extremisms and a coach who has no idea what he's doing because he's never done this before with some massive talents attached to massive, sensitive egos who hold all the power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's like a <1% they're ever focused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is almost never focused anymore.
    This is now a team of extremisms and a coach who has no idea what he's doing because he's never done this before with some massive talents attached to massive, sensitive egos who hold all the power.
    There's like a <1% they're ever focused.
    I don't even disagree (and I see this an interesting experiment, and obviously, Durant forming another superteam), but the potential is huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even disagree (and I see this an interesting experiment, and obviously, Durant forming another superteam), but the potential is huge.
    True. In both directions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll give up as many points as they score tbh. Nyets traded away every single player that could defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave it to Durant to try to form his own superteam and it turns into basically a representation of himself.
    Beta, sensitive and mere steps away from implosion, but supremely talented.

Thread Information