Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's really weird though. To your point, other teams shoot lights out in our gym but our guys can't hit the broadside of a barn.
    maybe a lot of players on our time are just garbage?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe a lot of players on our time are just garbage?
    They've played well enough on the road....5-2 on the road, 1-4 at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've played well enough on the road....5-2 on the road, 1-4 at home.
    the entire NBA has a better road than home record. And it's definitely not the rims that are a result of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So where's my crown Sugus?

As soon I saw DD was coming back, I knew my prediction was way off glad I missed this game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this loss is on the vets. Keldon, Lonnie, DJ and Vassell all played great. Meanwhile the vets had to much Chucky Cheese and threw up bricks. I'm not even blaming DeRozan for that miss, it should've never gotten to the point where we need to tie it up to go OT. This should've been a blow out. Flopovich deserves some blame as well for playing 50 Mills instead of Walker. Play Lonnie in the 4th and we win this. Totally expected this to happen though. Typical Flopovich coaching. Some people said he's the best motivator in the league
    Looks like this was a pretty good game, tbh. Youngings show out, vets keep showing they're not worth keeping/resigning, another L for the tanking effort. It's been a pretty good season thus far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you definitely think they are showcasing him? The other thing that makes me worried is that the TNT commentators were saying that Pop was talking very highly of Patty's play this season. That doesn't sound like Pop is looking/wants to trade him. I'd love it if he was gone and would rather play the more defensive minded player such as Tre Jones right now. Vassell also needs more playing time IMO. Spurs defense is pretty porous.
    We aren't trading mills...ppl have been speculating for YEARS that Pop plays mills and other players these minutes to boost trade value, and not one trade gas ever happened...pop is playing Mills because he thinks that's our best chance to win... unfortunately I think Pop is past basketball at this point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical "I know what everybody wants me to do and what I should be doing, but I'm going to do the exact opposite because my ego comes first" game from Pop. Smh.
    This has become more and more common since 2018 IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge broke pop when he made him shift the offense to passing to lma on every possession simply because he asked for a trade...then gave him an extension before that season even started...pop in his prime would have shipped him out for a bag of chips simply for having the audacity to demand a trade after playing like in the playoffs
    Not to mention the fact that he asked for the trade after his team was in the Western Conference Finals, which is as far as he's ever been in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' next 8 games:

Rockets
    Blazers
    Dubs
    Mavs
    Wiz
    Pelicans
    Celtics
    Nuggets

I only see one potential win in there (Wiz) but even that could be dicey if the Wiz play better with Chuckbrook out. Perfect to ramp up the tank.
    I mean, they'll win more than half of those games. They literally just beat two of the top teams in the conference. This loss was bad because every win counts in a shortened season, not because it proved SA sucks.
    5-2 with the Pelicans game postponed. The Spurs pissed away gimme games, but they are not the bad team some folks want to believe they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-2 with the Pelicans game postponed. The Spurs pissed away gimme games, but they are not the bad team some folks want to believe they are.
    They need to trade your guy before the rest of the league catches up to the fact that he's almost done, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll eat crow tbh. They prolly lose in NO like usual and they got lucky with the Guests missing their second and third best players, but luck is part of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to trade your guy before the rest of the league catches up to the fact that he's almost done, tbh.
    The team needs him. I don't care if so-and-so advanced stat says whatever. They clearly wouldn't be better if he weren't in the rotation. In the very least, he allows Poeltl to play off the bench, where Jakob seems way more effective. I don't know if you believe he had a bad offensive game tonight, but I think it's pretty clear Denver respected his shooting, and that spacing bent the defense to the benefit of the guards. Poeltl would not have been able to do that.

That said, Aldridge should've lost weight if he knew this was going to be his role. this year. He doesn't need his bulk to play in the post, and he needs the mobility on both sides of the ball. It's crazy that he looked so slimmed down during the bubble but blew back up by the time the season started like four months later. It's unideal, so maybe LMA will want a trade eventually, and you'll get your wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs him. I don't care if so-and-so advanced stat says whatever. They clearly wouldn't be better if he weren't in the rotation. In the very least, he allows Poeltl to play off the bench, where Jakob seems way more effective. I don't know if you believe he had a bad offensive game tonight, but I think it's pretty clear Denver respected his shooting, and that spacing bent the defense to the benefit of the guards. Poeltl would not have been able to do that.

That said, Aldridge should've lost weight if he knew this was going to be his role. this year. He doesn't need his bulk to play in the post, and he needs the mobility on both sides of the ball. It's crazy that he looked so slimmed down during the bubble but blew back up by the time the season started like four months later. It's unideal, so maybe LMA will want a trade eventually, and you'll get your wish.
    I don't know if he will, but he's surely not happy with his current role. To be a 25 minutes per game spot up shooter, I'm sure he would much rather fill that role on a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he will, but he's surely not happy with his current role. To be a 25 minutes per game spot up shooter, I'm sure he would much rather fill that role on a contender.
    Young LMA would definitely not be. Old LMA might not want to move across the country in the middle of the season. He knows he's young enough to still have a couple of years to ring chase if that's his goal. I will say he seems to like his teammates more than he has at some points in his Spurs career. He might be okay with a trade, but he might be okay with playing it out too. We'll see. It definitely doesn't seem like he did everything he could to excel at his role, and to me that suggests he didn't think he was going to be doing this so much. Pop might bring him back into the paint later in the year if DeRozan and Murray continue to hit threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see LMA smiling on the bench all fourth quarter. He aint unhappy. And I've seen unhappy faces from him when Kawhi was still here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge definitely gets a lot of blame here for being the only major free agent to ever sign with the Spurs while also doing everything they asked him to do. I think he's accepted his role and he said he's fine with finishing his career here. The team would just be much better with a mobile, 3-point shooting Center, but they are hard to come by

Thread Information