Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear you. They were riled up because Harden disrespected 'em. Knew this would be tough when James delivered his parting shots...

That said, Cousins, Tucker and Wood are G-league?
    Cousins has been waived by every good team he was on and Wood started out in G-League. Rockets already have a better frontcourt than us and they did it all in free agency this summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect a lot more losses like this until White gets back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing close games has a major luck contingent. You know your team is good if they blow out other teams and bad if they are blown out. Losing close games really tells you nothing.

This sucks. But it doesn't mean anything particularly.
    Losing close games tells you alot about the mental makeup of the team, especially when they lose them consistently including against lottery teams. It tells you a team lacks composure and readiness to play under higher stakes in a playoff setting.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wood was a steal but J’aesean Tate is an absolute dog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the most revealing game of the season tbh...

If the rockets play any other team in the nba they get blow out tonight...

They have the corpse of Cousins, disinterested PJ Tucker, I was almost out the league McLemore, Woods, and a bunch of scrubs... ing Kenyon Martin son out here getting minutes

Plus this team is continuing the theme of playing against guys who shoot like ...then shoot lights out against the spurs...then shoot like again...

Woods not even shooting 30% from 3 and then started 4 / 4 against us...

The only solace in this season is hoping LMA Gay, Derozan, and Mills are gone because we have been watching these 4 players choke in crunch time way more often than not for going on 3 years now...

And I say hope cause I don't put it past Pop dumbass to bring 1 or 2 of these 4 back on a cheap deal

the reason guys shoot the 3 so well against us is because they get wide open shots. Wood had most of his 3 point attempts wide open.

the defense gets broken down easy off the dribble which sends our defenders scrambling and over helping due to Aldridge having cement shoes. Poetl moves better but plays soft against some teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next time we win a game against a condending team we should all remember this day and never get ahead of ourselves. We should be tanking, this 7-8th seed bs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly and when you combine that to the fact that it's telegraphed he's going to take the last shot no matter what, opposing teams know it's all in their favor.
    It was telegraphed long before DeRozan arrived. Before that, he went through Ginobili even when he was well past his prime. He's just a career average head coach with a below average basketball team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' next 8 games:

Rockets
    Blazers
    Dubs
    Mavs
    Wiz
    Pelicans
    Celtics
    Nuggets

I only see one potential win in there (Wiz) but even that could be dicey if the Wiz play better with Chuckbrook out. Perfect to ramp up the tank.
    I mean, they'll win more than half of those games. They literally just beat two of the top teams in the conference. This loss was bad because every win counts in a shortened season, not because it proved SA sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the games you have to win to be a top seed. Spurs just not there. Still fine with the season so far. More fight. One step forward, one step back, but the young guys are learning to dance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, they'll win more than half of those games. They literally just beat two of the top teams in the conference. This loss was bad because every win counts in a shortened season, not because it proved SA sucks.
    They can win all eight of those games or they could lose all eight of those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loss sucked, obviously, but I’m not as down on it as some.

For key stretches, this team was playing with KJ, DJ, Lonnie and Vassell as our 4 best players.

Got to put that in perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They beat a depleted Clippers team and a Lakers team they'd seen for the third time in five games. They haven't shown me anything yet to think they'll win those games. , they've had two embarrassing losses in the past three games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They beat a depleted Clippers team and a Lakers team they'd seen for the third time in five games. They haven't shown me anything yet to think they'll win those games. , they've had two embarrassing losses in the past three games.
    Yeah, no. Those were impressive victories. The Spurs this year seem to be basically where they were last year: They can play with anybody but will lose winnable games. A team that apparently is so awful that they lose to a short-handed Rockets team wouldn't be able to beat LAL at full strength or LAC even not so. The skill gap would just be too big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sucks is whenever DWhite is back he’ll be taking minutes from Lonnie and Devin probably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin is looking more and more comfortable out there. I'm amazed how is always in the right spot on defense like 15 games or so into his career with almost no training camp/preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can win all eight of those games or they could lose all eight of those games.
    That's true. I think Pop lost the game trying to play that closing lineup too much. Murray, DeRozan, Aldridge and this year's Mills are way too many ball-dominant guys on the court to make consistently good offense. , Johnson in this game was also just running at the basket whenever he had a chance. That Pop called a timeout only to draw up a stupid DeRozan iso was terrible. It just shows how thin the team is at the margins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, no. Those were impressive victories. The Spurs this year seem to be basically where they were last year: They can play with anybody but will lose winnable games. A team that apparently is so awful that they lose to a short-handed Rockets team wouldn't be able to beat LAL at full strength or LAC even not so. The skill gap would just be too big.
    I'll give you the Lakers win but in no way was the Clippers win impressive. It was good to beat Nephew but thats about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all things being said, man.... Keldons ability to finish is so impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you the Lakers win but in no way was the Clippers win impressive. It was good to beat Nephew but thats about it.
    So was the LAC team better than this Houston team or the previous Wolves teams? Obviously. There's no reason to believe they can't beat any of those teams, let alone all of them. They'll win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So was the LAC team better than this Houston team or the previous Wolves teams? Obviously. There's no reason to believe they can't beat any of those teams, let alone all of them. They'll win games.
    Might go 2-6 tbh. Hoping myself they go 0-8 while losing like they did tonight to hasten the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sucks is whenever DWhite is back he’ll be taking minutes from Lonnie and Devin probably
    DNP's for Devin for sure , and that's wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin's at that point where he's still learning where his spots are on offense. He looks to have a hot spot 8 feet from the basket where he pulls up for a J. Similar to Kawhi's hook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad with the loss but man, so fun to watch the young guys. It's like they're my children and I'm watching them grow up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part about the young guys is you can hide the weakness of our vets with them. DDR for example is pretty bad as a superstar when you expect him to carry a team. But if you weave DDR, LMA, Mills or Gay's mins into the youth better you can make the vets more effective by letting them be selective with their skills that are still elite.

The only thing less efficient than spreading DDR too thin is doing so when you have KJ, DJ, Walker and Vassel just rotting on the bench.

I hate to be an armchair coach, but in my rotations I would run DDRs full mins through 3 quarters and then bench him for the 4th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight it's the vets letting us down with all having bad shooting night.

Thread Information