Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIL 22 First, absorb Taureen Prince contract. Spurs are not dumb enough to burn their own future 1st, think about it.
    Yep. And all this for the chance to overpay him in the summer. Some stupid team will give him a Capela-like contract. I like Allen, but certainly not at that price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did the Cavs give up to get Allen? Just a draft pick, or did they also trade someone? If it was only a first round pick, why didn't the Spurs try and get in on it?
    They sent the corpse of Dante Exum to HOU for salary purposes. Exum is an ending contact, so they absorbed Prince’s $15M for NEXT season. I’m guessing HOU didn’t want that contract. So, they sent out a first, and ate $15M in salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way. Pistons traded Drummond for a bag of chips last season, Spurs could've easily got him if they wanted. Rather go for Collins and Jarrett Allen in FA
    Yes please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way. Pistons traded Drummond for a bag of chips last season, Spurs could've easily got him if they wanted. Rather go for Collins and Jarrett Allen in FA
    Yes please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond has a double-double in every game he's played this year. Rebounds & points.

He currently is the NBA leader this season in the following:

Defensive rebounds, total rebounds, rebounds per game, defensive rebound percentage, total rebound percentage, defensive rating, and defensive win shares.

Hm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Go get Turner instead
    yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Collins, but is Keldon basically gonna end up our small ball 4 anyways? Just curious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is not a realistic target imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Drummond more than most, but the guy is going to miss the next game due to an achilles injury.
    Guys that big who start to develop leg type injuries at 27? Avoid. Larry Nance would be a better target from the Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a guy who will intentionally miss shots to rack up offensive boards. Does he even do anything well besides rebound?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No. Go get Turner instead

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id trade him for a 2nd round pick. And not just cause of today's shot. This guy has been a loser way before he came here. Id do the same trade for Aldrigge and Mills aswell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see DeRozan traded from Drummond. I hear Drummond is a hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs give up more rebounds to opposing teams than anybody in the league, and have the worst rebounding differential in the league.

im not gonna act like getting an elite rebounder is something to scoff at. that said, a straight derozan for drummond swap would be awful value. drummond is also grossly overpaid but is expiring. i dont see what he does worse than poodle. id rather dump aldridge for him than derozan, though i dont see why the cavs would go for that at all
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-15-2021 at 01:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Collins, but is Keldon basically gonna end up our small ball 4 anyways? Just curious.
    He's perfectly capable of it tbh, but only in specific matchups against not-so-physical PFs. We've seen that he can check the "big weights" of the NBA like Zion, but his offensive game suffers due to the energy extended and drain on the D side of things. I think a different kind of C, more athletic and mobile, would compliment his small-ball 4 play (well, all of his play, but I'm specifically talking about small-ball 4 lol) much better than our current bigs do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade dd back to his home town, oh wait the teams in that division have all what the spurms need

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a big for the future but he isn't it. (Keldon should be at the 3 longterm in my opinion, by the way.)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if nothing else then yeah, i'd do demar for drummond straight up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs would get size and the spurs youth will have the ball in their hands more. win-win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we start looking for a short term backup center we'd be better off going for his team mate JaVale instead. He'd drive Pop crazy for sure but he's cheap.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the Spurs are stupid enough to trade Demar (our best player) for Drummond. It would be the worst front office decision ever.

Only way I see Drummond coming to the Spurs is if there was a three team trade that sends out Poeltl. Something like:

ATL: Poeltl
    CLE: Lyles, Snell, & Gay
    SAS: Drummond & Dellavedova

This frees up even more cap space for next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond just out up 33 points and and 23 rebounds, his fit with our youth movements style of play may be questionable but if we could move Poetl and bring him in for around 10mm while we go after John Collins it could work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond just out up 33 points and and 23 rebounds, his fit with our youth movements style of play may be questionable but if we could move Poetl and bring him in for around 10mm while we go after John Collins it could work.
    I think it could work too. Need to get rid of LMA too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA + Lyles for Drummond works numbers wise...in february, march that could become a chance...maybe actually now too, if we add a minimal (2 choice) draft pick

Thread Information