Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LMA + Lyles for Drummond works numbers wise...in february, march that could become a chance...maybe actually now too, if we add a minimal (2 choice) draft pick
    you all REALLY need to stop thinking holding on to demar = good. SMH, y’all really to wake up.

la for drummond

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA + Lyles for Drummond works numbers wise...in february, march that could become a chance...maybe actually now too, if we add a minimal (2 choice) draft pick
    Why would Cleveland do this?? All expiring contracts and LMA is far inferior than Drummond at this point. We would have to include a 1st to make LMA for Drummond work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Cleveland do this?? All expiring contracts and LMA is far inferior than Drummond at this point. We would have to include a 1st to make LMA for Drummond work.
    No chance I'd give up any draft capital for Drummond. He's not only empty calories, but he'll probably cost double what Poeltl makes and for what? Outside of his historic rebounding, he's not particularly good at anything and can't shoot at all (something the next big they invest in needs to be able to do).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance I'd give up any draft capital for Drummond. He's not only empty calories, but he'll probably cost double what Poeltl makes and for what? Outside of his historic rebounding, he's not particularly good at anything and can't shoot at all (something the next big they invest in needs to be able to do).
    I don’t think the compensation would make sense but these “he’s barely different than poodle “ takes are insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t attach a first either but it is likely what he will cost and there is no chance we are getting him for LMA. He’d probably cost 10-12mm in free agency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the compensation would make sense but these “he’s barely different than poodle “ takes are insane
    Nah, they're spot on. He doesn't drive winning. There's years of evidence of his teams being better defensively with him off the floor and he's incomprehensibly inefficient offensively for someone who should be an elite finisher (because he tries to do too much to pretend he's more skilled than he is).

He's the definition of empty calories, so he fools casuals with his counting stats that are the product of high minutes and a bloated usage rate.

I wouldn’t attach a first either but it is likely what he will cost and there is no chance we are getting him for LMA. He’d probably cost 10-12mm in free agency.
    A decent 2nd is what he'll likely fetch and he'll probably cost $18-20M.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-17-2021 at 12:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d much rather have him at 12 mil than poodle at 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d much rather have him at 12 mil than poodle at 9
    Completely agree. I am happy to attach Samanic just to dump him. If we can get rid of Jakob, LMA and DDR without taking anything back and draft a decent 4/5 with what will likely be an 8-13th draft pick i’d be ecstatic. Sadly that is the most we Spurs fans can hope for in the next year. Signing Drummond to a reasonable contract would be gravy. That is how dire our future looks in the absence of one if the young guys breaking out which I am not hopeful of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. I am happy to attach Samanic just to dump him. If we can get rid of Jakob, LMA and DDR without taking anything back and draft a decent 4/5 with what will likely be an 8-13th draft pick i’d be ecstatic. Sadly that is the most we Spurs fans can hope for in the next year. Signing Drummond to a reasonable contract would be gravy. That is how dire our future looks in the absence of one if the young guys breaking out which I am not hopeful of.
    It doesn't make sense to attach an asset to move Jakob. If we want to move him in the offseason it won't be difficult because his value isn't perceived as negative (except in this forum).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La for Drummond I’d prefer we have enough shooting we need a real center that shot blocks and runs the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La for Drummond I’d prefer we have enough shooting we need a real center that shot blocks and runs the floor
    Cleveland would never do this!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense to attach an asset to move Jakob. If we want to move him in the offseason it won't be difficult because his value isn't perceived as negative (except in this forum).
    Jakob probably offers value to a contender looking to shore up their bench. I’d argue Samanic is hardly an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drummond's offense is like dejuan blair but with actual NBA size. he's not an unskilled oaf, a ton of his points come from him getting the ball at the top of they key or even behind the line and beating his guy off the dribble

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drummond's offense is like dejuan blair but with actual NBA size. he's not an unskilled oaf, a ton of his points come from him getting the ball at the top of they key or even behind the line and beating his guy off the dribble
    Yeah and finishing inefficiently, while turning it over at a high rate.

You don't want him pretending to be Jokic, Embiid, Towns, etc. He's been on bad teams who mostly lacked the star power and natural hierarchy that they bring about, to put him in the proper role, which is that of Poeltl's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and finishing inefficiently, while turning it over at a high rate.

You don't want him pretending to be Jokic, Embiid, Towns, etc. He's been on bad teams who mostly lacked the star power and natural hierarchy that they bring about, to put him in the proper role, which is that of Poeltl's.
    I don’t disagree. But he’s a clearly superior version of poeltl if you limited him to that role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would easily trade LMA or DDR for Drummond. Easy choice. If he doesn’t mesh well with the team you don’t have to give him a contract in the offseason. We know LMA isn’t working out well and ddr is ddr...and taking time away from our young guys. This team would be better with Drummond. However, not sure Cleveland would trade him for LMA or ddr. Actually really doubt they would

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a thread with some of the dumbest takes that I‘ve ever read. None of you guys here understand that we need a 3-point shooting 5 for spacing. Y’all want Drummond, but don’t realize that there wouldn’t be no driving lanes for the young guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a thread with some of the dumbest takes that I‘ve ever read. None of you guys here understand that we need a 3-point shooting 5 for spacing. Y’all want Drummond, but don’t realize that there wouldn’t be no driving lanes for the young guys
    i was just giving the surprisingly controversial take that drummond is a better player than poodle tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree. But he’s a clearly superior version of poeltl if you limited him to that role
    Acquisitions don't occur in a vac . There's an opportunity cost and his would be double or more what Poeltl is making. Years of planning to have significant cap space in '21 for arguably a minor upgrade at C (and with the lack of an established star or even featured option among the youth, good luck confining him to Poeltl's role), doesn't make sense.

Sure, they could trade Poeltl, but doing so while taking little to no money back probably wouldn't be easy and even then, he'd eat up an additional $10M or more of cap space. Not worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are folks really arguing about Drummond? Dude isn't worth it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acquisitions don't occur in a vac . There's an opportunity cost and his would be double or more what Poeltl is making. Years of planning to have significant cap space in '21 for arguably a minor upgrade at C (and with the lack of an established star or even featured option among the youth, good luck confining him to Poeltl's role), doesn't make sense.

Sure, they could trade Poeltl, but doing so while taking little to no money back probably wouldn't be easy and even then, he'd eat up an additional $10M or more of cap space. Not worth it.
    he's on an expiring deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you want to pay a guy double what Poeltl is making just to play the same role?

And no, give Drummond the same minutes as Poeltl and the same lack of touches, and he wouldn't be a clearly superior version. In fact, he might even be worse because of lack of interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's on an expiring deal
    So, you would trade for him just to let him go after this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you want to pay a guy double what Poeltl is making just to play the same role?

And no, give Drummond the same minutes as Poeltl and the same lack of touches, and he wouldn't be a clearly superior version. In fact, he might even be worse because of lack of interest.
    Agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's on an expiring deal
    I'm obviously referring to re-signing him or signing him in free agency.

Thread Information