Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team doesn't needs a shooting five in a post-DeRozan world. They'll have enough shooting 1-4 to account for it. But a non-shooting center still has to be more of a threat than Jakob usually is. Dunno if I'd consider Drum that kind of guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know if acquiring drummond would even be feasible, and i outright said the trade in the thread le is not one i'd go for right now.

i mostly got argumentative as a result of the takes that drummond is literally a bad player and not as good as poeltl . i'm of the opinion that he'd be a clear upgrade to jakob. whether his acquisition would be feasible is a different question. i'd move aldridge for him, though i cant fathom why the cavs would do that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know if acquiring drummond would even be feasible, and i outright said the trade in the thread le is not one i'd go for right now.

i mostly got argumentative as a result of the takes that drummond is literally a bad player and not as good as poeltl . i'm of the opinion that he'd be a clear upgrade to jakob. whether his acquisition would be feasible is a different question. i'd move aldridge for him, though i cant fathom why the cavs would do that
    He's a extremely meh player, tbh. I don't know how much better he's than Poeltl, but at their respective prices, Poeltl > Drummond.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could they not need a stretch big long term? They have exactly 3 players (White, Walker, Vassell) who project as possible high percentage/volume 3-point shooters and Walker might not be extended. We'll see what happens with Johnson. Their bookends (Poeltl and Murray) provide zero to little 3-point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone's going to pay Drummond a lot of money this off season, and it will doom them to being an average team for the foreseeable future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just have to ride this out until we sign Collins this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just have to ride this out until we sign Collins this summer.
    'You are assuming PATFO are even interested." Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could they not need a stretch big long term? They have exactly 3 players (White, Walker, Vassell) who project as possible high percentage/volume 3-point shooters and Walker might not be extended. We'll see what happens with Johnson. Their bookends (Poeltl and Murray) provide zero to little 3-point shooting.
    If we're talking about a new starting center, why do we care about Poeltl shooting? And while DJM isn't exactly a floor-spacer right now, it's the combination of him and DeRozan (and previously LMA) that damaged spacing so much. With an average shooter in DMDR's place, they don't need a stretch-five offensively. They just need one who's going to actually command some kind of gravity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're talking about a new starting center, why do we care about Poeltl shooting? And while DJM isn't exactly a floor-spacer right now, it's the combination of him and DeRozan (and previously LMA) that damaged spacing so much. With an average shooter in DMDR's place, they don't need a stretch-five offensively. They just need one who's going to actually command some kind of gravity.
    It's not about Poeltl, it's about having a rotational big who can shoot/stretch the floor. You're right that that's the biggest spacing related issue, but not the only one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its also unclear what the demand for drummond would be... its not like cleveland gave up a lot for him, and they just picked up jarrett allen. would also add that while drummond cant shoot, he frequently gets the ball at or near the top of the key and takes his guy off the dribble.

i dno, i see him as a good fit. just dont see a good deal to get him over here right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good idea David.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he’s played well this year but if Drummond can get a 1st round pick, LMA and Demar can too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no way for them to be able to get Kevin Love with his 31 million contract unless they include Dinwiddie and Harris. That would be stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't mention why the Cavs would buy out his contract for absolutely no reason other than to help out another eastern conference team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's interesting..the Cavs are competing to get back in the playoffs so I'm not sure how a buyout helps them here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's interesting..the Cavs are competing to get back in the playoffs so I'm not sure how a buyout helps them here.
    Because its the players era, and every player gets what they want if they hard enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28.75 million this season no? Why on earth would Cleveland buy out an expiring contract to help other teams, makes no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs don’t want to see Lebron Win again lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs don’t want to see Lebron Win again lol
    Actually, that makes some sense from their owner's perspective...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like BS to me unless the buy out is for pennies on the dollar and is a pure cost saving move. With that being said if it happens it speaks to the trade market right now and why Patty, LMA and Gay have 0 chance at garnering a first in the absence of taking back a longer term contract as the salary match. 75% of posters on this board recommending trades for our vets just don’t understand the current NBA landscape. Almost as dumb as casual Laker fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orst-defenders

DDR is probably my least favourite relevant Spur of all time up there with RJ, LMA and Vinny Del Negro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like BS to me unless the buy out is for pennies on the dollar and is a pure cost saving move. With that being said if it happens it speaks to the trade market right now and why Patty, LMA and Gay have 0 chance at garnering a first in the absence of taking back a longer term contract as the salary match. 75% of posters on this board recommending trades for our vets just don’t understand the current NBA landscape. Almost as dumb as casual Laker fans.
    There are only a few relevant teams who could trade a 1st - Phi, Bos, Den, maybe Jazz. You're right that it's unlikely because it'd be difficult to get the contracts to work, but theoretically Philly could do something with Danny's contract, they have a few other smaller expirings. Bos have that TE. Difficult with Denver, maybe something around Harris's contract but it's 2 years. Jazz - nothing workable. Slim pickings.

Thread Information