Post Count
    Patriot Act 2.0, no thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criminal code already works fine, no need to ins utionalize a special track for terrorists/political extremists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the 2019 draft. Keep in mind 1/6/2021 wilm probably make the final draft more psychotic

Sect 2332j.

Acts of terrorism occurring in the territorial jurisdiction of the United States
    (a)

Prohibited acts
    (1)

Offenses

Whoever, in a cir stance described in subsection (b), and with the intent to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping—
    (A)

knowingly kills, kidnaps, maims, commits an assault resulting in serious bodily injury, or assaults with a dangerous weapon any person within the United States; or
    (B)

creates a substantial risk of serious bodily injury to any other person by knowingly destroying or damaging any structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property within the United States or by attempting or conspiring to destroy or damage any structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property within the United States,
    in violation of the laws of any State, or the United States, shall be punished under section 2332b(c).
    (2)

Treatment of threats, attempts and conspiracies

Whoever threatens to commit an offense under paragraph (1), or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished under section 2332b(c).
    (b)

Jurisdictional bases
    (1)

Cir stances

The cir stances referred to in subsection (a) are—
    (A)

the mail or any facility of interstate or foreign commerce is used in furtherance of the offense;
    (B)

the offense obstructs, delays, or affects interstate or foreign commerce, or would have so obstructed, delayed, or affected interstate or foreign commerce if the offense had been consummated;
    (C)

the offense occurs during the course of, or as a result of, the travel of the defendant or the victim—
    (i)

across a State line or national border; or
    (ii)

using a facility of interstate or foreign commerce;
    (D)

the victim, or intended victim, is the United States Government, a member of the uniformed services, or any official, officer, employee, or agent of the legislative, executive, or judicial branches, or of any department or agency, of the United States;
    (E)

the structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property is, in whole or in part, owned, possessed, or leased to the United States, or any department or agency of the United States;
    (F)

in connection with the conduct described in subsection (a), the defendant employs a firearm, dangerous weapon, weapon of mass destruction, or other weapon that has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce;
    (G)

the offense is committed in the territorial sea (including the airspace above and the seabed and subsoil below, and artificial islands and fixed structures erected thereon) of the United States; or
    (H)

the offense is committed within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
    (2)

Co-conspirators and accessories after the fact

Jurisdiction shall exist over all principals and co-conspirators of an offense under this section, and accessories after the fact to any offense under this section, if at least one of the cir stances described in subparagraphs (A) through (H) of paragraph (1) is applicable to at least one offender.
    (c)

Proof requirements

The following shall apply to prosecutions under this section:
    (1)

Knowledge

The prosecution is not required to prove knowledge by any defendant of a jurisdictional base alleged in the indictment.
    (2)

State law

In a prosecution under this section that is based upon the adoption of State law, only the elements of the offense under State law, and not any provisions pertaining to criminal procedure or evidence, are adopted.
    (d)

Definitions

As used in this section—
    (1)

the term facility of interstate or foreign commerce has the meaning given that term in section 1958(b)(2);
    (2)

the term serious bodily injury has the meaning given that term in section 1365(h)(3);
    (3)

the term firearm has the meaning given that term in section 921(a)(3);
    (4)

the term weapon of mass destruction has the meaning given that term in section 2332a(c)(2); and
    (5)

the term territorial sea of the United States means all waters extending seaward to 12 nautical miles from the baselines of the United States, determined in accordance with international law.
    (e)

Limitation on prosecution

No prosecution for any offense described in this section shall be undertaken by the United States except on written certification of the Attorney General or the highest ranking subordinate of the Attorney General with responsibility for criminal prosecutions of the offenses in this chapter that, in the judgment of the certifying official, such offense was intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90% of the BLM protests last year will be considered domestic terrorism under Patriot Act 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90% of the BLM protests last year will be considered domestic terrorism under Patriot Act 2.0
    how so?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    hater slinging at the wall per par.

you "calling it" just like you called Trump's reelection?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they confront cops? Yes

Did they throw projectiles at cops? Yes

Did they destroy government property? Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they confront cops? Yes

Did they throw projectiles at cops? Yes

Did they destroy government property? Yes
    "they"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

"Whoever, in a cir stance described in subsection (b), and with the intent to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

"Whoever, in a cir stance described in subsection (b), and with the intent to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion"
    Thats not the worst imo

The destruction of property is scary. Even if you move a barrier from point A to B, that could be domestic terrorism.

Another scary one is the knowing and or planning. If your buddy tells you they are going to a protest, you could be possible complicit.

Congrats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Hater overreaction thread. Nothing to see here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karrin and hater agreeing with each other.

just like trumpers are want to do, they have no ability to think independently or critically, they’re both ducks who can spell

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the proper pronoun in this situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the proper pronoun in this situation?
    not intended as gramatical correction, just pointing out the completely indeterminate number/quality hyped.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Not every single protest. But I suspect protests of any kind will be more heavily monitored and intricately scrutinized by the government Big Brother.

And where there is vandalism and violence and especially loss of life, the “protestors” or anti-protestors that cause damage and violence should all be arrested and punished, Trumpers, BLMers, Q s, antifa, and any other group alike.

Like it or not, it’s a direct result from the asshats at the capitol attack.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And where there is vandalism and violence and especially loss of life, the “protestors” or anti-protestors that cause damage and violence should all be arrested and punished, Trumpers, BLMers, Q s, antifa, and any other group alike.
    That's the key. As it should be for the Capitol protestors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not every single protest. But I suspect protests of any kind will be more heavily monitored and intricately scrutinized by the government Big Brother.

Like it or not, it’s a direct result from the asshats at the capitol attack.
    The Patriot Act 2.0 was drafted in 2019 yet its all the fault of the 1/6/2021 capitol protestors

Got it

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The Patriot Act 2.0 was drafted in 2019 yet its all the fault of the 1/6/2021 capitol protestors

Got it
    That’s cool.

Didn’t you start this thread to moan about Biden’s comments on how his planned bill would make the capitol attack definable as domestic terrorism? And hence your conclusion that every protest would be considered domestic terrorism?

His comments on how he would apply Patriot Act 2.0 is what led to that opinion. That’s a direct result of the capitol attack, breh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are plenty of ing laws, but big lack of enforcement against white people and corrupt cops and military.

This law will criminalize "right to assemble"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s cool.

Didn’t you start this thread to moan about Biden’s comments on how his planned bill would make the capitol attack definable as domestic terrorism? And hence your conclusion that every protest would be considered domestic terrorism?

His comments on how he would apply Patriot Act 2.0 is what led to that opinion. That’s a direct result of the capitol attack, breh.
    Patriot act 2 was already in the works.

Just that after Capitol all of congress and new president are all for it hook line and sinker.

These kinds of laws should be truly debated and contested thats why we have congress. Yet this is pretty much a done deal now given the comments of politicians and mainstream media.

The Capitol was 90% a security up. I saw it live. I saw bike cops with bike helmets using their bikes to try and prevent tens of thousands of protestors

Yet nah, forget it lets enact a patriot act 2.0 that will basically make protesting a domestic terrorist act instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criminal code already works fine, no need to ins utionalize a special track for terrorists/political extremists.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The insurrection isnt over"

The insurrection will never be over

Just like the Jihadi threat will never be over.

Prepare for perpetual war with a domestic boogieman

Thread Information