Pop being anything other than an F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If patty mills and pop aren’t Fs than I don’t know what is. Patty mills literally did nothing right and he gets a passing grade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pops grade too high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is making a rasho nesterovic or a boban look mobile in comparison.

His rebounding is non existent.

He's airballing shots in the closing minutes.

I think I saw him at the Capitol siege. Someone call the FBI and get this pos off the team. I think he was hanging with that Olympic swimmer.

Had on a trailblazers jacket too. F this traitor.

Kidding.... but at this point..... just want this dinosaur off the floor and this team.
    Last edited by rastaspur; 01-15-2021 at 01:31 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the vets were terrible. Spurs only need two of the four to show up each game... this shouldn’t be too much to ask but apparently it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. This loss is on Pop. Granted the Rockets played with something to prove tonight. But Spurs didn’t match the same level of intensity by relying on the vets. Where is the Bubble excitement Pop? Where was the defense when the Rockets did a roundrobin on our bigs? How is Patty closing when we have Lonnie with hot hands the last two games and even tonight? Pop is so excited about Mills playing a 6th man of the year, he’s having him close games? Did that experiment get us to the playoffs last season? If this is the line up for the rest of the season, then it’s the same old sh%t. Lonnie needs to learn to close. If Aldridge is not playing D, pull him out. Players need to earn their minutes playing D, simple or it would send mix signals specially to the younger players. Pop did not make that a priority tonight. This loss was on Pop, plain and simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ALL the vets on the team... they combined for 8/10 of the spurs payroll... get rid of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Man this game was a nightmare to watch down the stretch. Up by 9 and then we completely fold. Patty has been playing great before tonight. LMA is going to have to get something going on Saturday. DDR was looking like he had it going on until crunch time. Thought the iso play at the end was the last nail in the coffin. Frustrating to see after how well KJ, Devin, DJ, and Walker played. Better get it together, another loss to this depleted Houston squad is gonna hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Patty deserve Fs. Stupid decision to leave Mills in the game in the 4th. Told my wife Houston will comeback because of Mills’ defense or lack thereof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is so ing bad. Worse than abysmal on D. just has no heart tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge deserves an F - Failure to compete. I'm tired of his act & Spurs' wouldn't get much back in a trade. Just a waste.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is so ing bad. Worse than abysmal on D. just has no heart tbh
    It doesn’t make you any ‘Aussie-er’ dropping in every post FYI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Patty deserve Fs. Stupid decision to leave Mills in the game in the 4th. Told my wife Houston will comeback because of Mills’ defense or lack thereof.
    Truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! I promised myself I wasn’t going to get angry about losses or take games too seriously this year...well, I got angry this game was in hand late and it was completely squandered. I had a feeling this would be an inspired game by the Rockets though. Pop and his crew should have known that and prepared with a better effort. This is the version of the Spurs that makes me not even wanna watch. Losses are one thing but this didn’t look like a good effort to try and win really. Hopefully we see a bounce back Saturday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll share this here too:

USG% tonight:

1. Lonnie Walker - 29.6%
    2. Keldon Johnson - 27.2%
    3. DeMar DeRozan - 20.9%
    4. LaMarcus Aldridge - 19.8%
    5. Patty Mills - 17.5%
    6. Dejounte Murray - 17.4%
    7. Rudy Gay - 17.1%
    8/9. Devin and Poetl - 12.6%

https://www.nba.com/game/hou-vs-sas-...core#box-score

For the season,

NBA Average is 20%

LaMarcus ranks #53 in usage among all NBA players with an average of 23.7%
    DeMar ranks #59 in usage among all NBA players with an average of 23.3%
    Dejounte ranks #67 in usage among all NBA players with an average of 22.8%
    Patty ranks #88 in usage among all NBA players with an average of 20.5%

https://www.basketball-reference.com...stats::usg_pct

The Spurs are the only team next to the Raptors without a player averaging 25+% USG from any of its rotational players.

The ball is being shared evenly among players, better than 90% of the entire NBA. This stat could even go lower if DeMar didn't take it upon himself to be the closer in games.

For additional comparison, if we look at any of the currently decent teams without a "true star" like us, for example the Pacers-- they have three guys above 24%: Sabonis, Brogdon, and Oladipo at 27%. For a team without an established star, the Spurs are sharing the ball as well as any team could have. For a team with "ex-stars" in Aldridge, DeMar... that's impressive. Why is it impressive? Because there's a myth on this forum that they have not taken a step back for the young guys. I only agree with that statement only during the clutch when DeMar's "activities" with the ball goes up. I could see the justification for that being that no one outside of him and Derrick White, no one else has elite ball security + can score in the clutch.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-15-2021 at 07:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus had the most points scored against him with 23 points.
    DeMar had the second most points scored against him with 16.
    Keldon with 15.

As far as opponent 3's are concerned,
    Four threes were scored against DeMar.
    Three threes were scored against Aldridge.

Top defensive guys of the night were DJ and Poetl. (I am NOT saying Poetl is a better solution than Aldridge given that his offense is abysmal)

https://www.nba.com/game/hou-vs-sas-...core#box-score

I don't necessarily believe BOTH DeMar and Aldridge have to go after this season for us to be better next season. If one goes (preferably Aldridge), things will improve. Having both hurts. Let's hope the Spurs do to Aldridge what they did with Bryn Forbes: recognize he is hurting us immensely on defense and prepare to move on.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-15-2021 at 07:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shameful defense on the last two clips.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-15-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up but like many here, I disagree with some of these grades. FIBA Patty sometimes works and other times it doesn't and this game was one of those. He was horrible all night. This is why the Spurs should be slowly breaking in Tre Jones. Patty was forcing up shots and getting abused defensively. He should not have been there down the stretch.
    Where was Lonnie down the stretch, the second best scorer in the game sits for Patty. I dont get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lonnie hurt his hand. He was taken off after that weird turn over.

Poeltl can't play as he shoots 25% from the line. So he'll never play in the clutch.

LMA with 2 rebounds? Wtf. May as well just stay on Woods if your not rebounding.

We'll get nights like this with Gay. Just accept it at his age. Hence why LMA was forced to play. Spurs has no other center down the stretch.

When Mills is off, he usually stays off. I don't know why Pop just insist he'll break out of it during the game. He has seen him play like this for 8 seasons.

No excuse to lose to that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the Spurs would lose to a undermanned team full of backups.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl airballing layups and freethrows and getting a B grade

LMA getting roasted by every bum they put in a rockets jersey and getting a C

Pop playing 3 of the bottom 4 players who played last night in crunch time and gets a C

OP setting at the head of the class in sniffer school 101

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl airballing layups and freethrows and getting a B grade

LMA getting roasted by every bum they put in a rockets jersey and getting a C

Pop playing 3 of the bottom 4 players who played last night in crunch time and gets a C

OP setting at the head of the class in sniffer school 101

Really not sure why people post stuff like this. Timvp is just like any other guy. He's ordinary like you and me. He doesn't have a degree or specialization in basketball. These grades aren't official for anything. No one is going to take these grades and use it for anything else. Doesn't make any sense to criticize the grades, especially when you aren't offering your own.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-15-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Information