Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That now makes three games postponed tonight alone.

More will surely be coming.

I'm pretty sure both Becky and Eubanks are out for "health and safety protocol" meaning they were exposed or have it.

DeMar somehow passed testing and protocol quickly despite being in California of all places for a week.

Kyrie won't be able to rejoin the Nets for an "indefinite amount of time" due to his antics.

This is going to get worse before it gets better. Might as well brace for a pause of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I hope not, but won't be shocked. I know my life is on hold probably until summer as I travel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should pause it for a month imo, somewhere in the 3-5 weeks range fwiw tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm hopeful that if baseball and football somehow managed, so will the NBA, although at no time was the pandemic as bad as it is now. one can only hope that this virus peaks sometime in january and we finally start seeing an ebb in case numbers. maybe then, will the season be able to avoid any temporary shutdown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are Kyrie's antics? I haven't followed the Nets at all this season.

Is the spread of the virus that bad right now in the US? I am assuming because it's your winter time over there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is the spread of the virus that bad right now in the US? I am assuming because it's your winter time over there?
    Its been bad here since it started, but now we have over 4k people dying a day with all our hospitals at or near capacity because Dear Leader is too far up his own asshole to do anything about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its been bad here since it started, but now we have over 4k people dying a day with all our hospitals at or near capacity because Dear Leader is too far up his own asshole to do anything about it.
    Damn, I feel so bad hearing that. I knew it was bad in the US, didn't realize it was that bad (I didn't come on Spurstalk much last season due to hating the players Pop was playing last season). Do you think any of these possible vaccines I keep hearing about are viable? I haven't followed the progress of them much.

Also, I don't want to bring this up for a variety of reasons, but do you think if the president (won't mention his name) had brought in tougher restrictions when it first hit, would the US would have been better off with less people getting sick or dying, or do you believe it still would have spread anyway?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I feel so bad hearing that. I knew it was bad in the US, didn't realize it was that bad (I didn't come on Spurstalk much last season due to hating the players Pop was playing last season). Do you think any of these possible vaccines I keep hearing about are viable? I haven't followed the progress of them much.
    It's way worse than it has ever been in the US these last 3 weeks. It makes the huge summer wave we had look like absolutely nothing.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

San Antonio itself also had 2900 new cases reported today, far and away the most it has ever seen.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-15-2021 at 09:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, I don't want to bring this up for a variety of reasons, but do you think if the president (won't mention his name) had brought in tougher restrictions when it first hit, would the US would have been better off with less people getting sick or dying, or do you believe it still would have spread anyway?
    Vaccines look good so far but there's a lot of people who will refuse to get it in part because of Dear Leader downplaying the virus and feeding into conspiracy theories. Not saying lockdowns were the answer, but him being wrong every step of the way and not admitting he was wrong to protect his ego has really made things worse. All he had to do was make 300 million MAGA masks back in March/April and encourage his fanbase to wear them and this pandemic is nowhere near as bad as it is currently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines look good so far but there's a lot of people who will refuse to get it in part because of Dear Leader downplaying the virus and feeding into conspiracy theories. Not saying lockdowns were the answer, but him being wrong every step of the way and not admitting he was wrong to protect his ego has really made things worse. All he had to do was make 300 million MAGA masks back in March/April and encourage his fanbase to wear them and this pandemic is nowhere near as bad as it is currently.
    Vaccine distribution is also a huge ing mess. I know a nurse in town who still hasn't been able to get one yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's way worse than it has ever been in the US these last 3 weeks. It makes the huge summer wave we had look like absolutely nothing.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

San Antonio itself also had 2900 new cases reported today, far and away the most it has ever seen.
    Wow, that is such a high rate. Hopefully things somehow get better for you guys over there in the US.

The vaccine is a tricky one. I personally don't believe in taking anything pharmaceutical anymore. My health started getting better when I stopped using pharmaceutical drugs/products and just did it through diet/nutrition. That is one reason why I'd have second thoughts on taking it, the other would be unknown side affects/long term affects, but again, I haven't done any reading whatsoever about it. If I had to travel for my job, or deal with sick people on a daily basis, I'd probably take it.

As for the lockdowns, I was talking to a friend about it a few months ago and he doesn't believe lockdowns would have made a big difference as the US is more densely populated in a lot of the major cities. I'm assuming the rates a lower in the less populated areas? I do believe the president should have taken it more seriously when it first hit, though, as I really do think it could have made a bigger difference. I didn't think about the masks, but that is also a good point, as that might have also made a big difference. I just don't understand why he was so dismissive and nonchalant about it. Such as stupid approach, but when you look at his character, that's the type of person he is, so I guess his own character/arrogance has cost him badly. It's too bad good people have had to suffer the consequences of it .

Vaccine distribution is also a huge ing mess. I know a nurse in town who still hasn't been able to get one yet.
    I'm assuming medical workers are supposed to get it first to vaccinate themselves?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn we played him a week ago and then he missed the second game. Guess all our players will be tested for tomorrow. If one player on a team tests positive shouldn't the rest of the team quarantine until they are sure they're alright?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , didn't he lose both his parents to COVID early in the pandemic last year?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he lost even more, like 5-7 relatives. Yikes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He lost his mom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tough break for KAT...dude has really been hit hard by the pandemic.

Also worrisome that the Spurs played him and his team just 6-7 short days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie has been away from the Nets for "personal reasons" for like 2 weeks but he wouldn't even tell Sean Marks why.

Then he was spotted at a party/club dancing with people...no masks to be seen, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A shutdown seems inevitable tbh. I know the optics would be terrible about them jumping the line for the vaccine but I don't see any way they go back to a "normal" schedule without the players, coaches, etc. getting vaccinated tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A shutdown seems inevitable tbh. I know the optics would be terrible about them jumping the line for the vaccine but I don't see any way they go back to a "normal" schedule without the players, coaches, etc. getting vaccinated tbh.
    I am ing done with the NBA if they jump the line on the vaccine. They should have just done this season in the bubble again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy to think this season will end being even more of an asterisk than last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am ing done with the NBA if they jump the line on the vaccine. They should have just done this season in the bubble again.
    Agreed - no way they should jump the line when the rollout in the US has been absolutely ed. I just don't know how they get through the season without doing so. It was always vaccine or bust as soon as they agreed to not doing a bubble.

These next 4-6 weeks are gonna be absolutely terrible tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed - no way they should jump the line when the rollout in the US has been absolutely ed. I just don't know how they get through the season without doing so. It was always vaccine or bust as soon as they agreed to not doing a bubble.

These next 4-6 weeks are gonna be absolutely terrible tbh.
    The us strategy for months now has been vaccine or bust, but as the botched rollout is showing having the vaccine and administering it are two entirely different milestones.

I don't think the US situation will improve till February-march as spring arrives, and for us here in the southern hemisphere that means we are screwed till august-sept. The WHO recently made an announcement along similar lines, basically saying that even in the best case scenarios lockdowns will likely be required through the end of the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The us strategy for months now has been vaccine or bust, but as the botched rollout is showing having the vaccine and administering it are two entirely different milestones.

I don't think the US situation will improve till February-march as spring arrives, and for us here in the southern hemisphere that means we are screwed till august-sept. The WHO recently made an announcement along similar lines, basically saying that even in the best case scenarios lockdowns will likely be required through the end of the year
    The US strategy since May was just bust.

Thread Information